Page 50 of 402 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    So it all comes down to one goal. One beautiful Leaf's goal in overtime.
    Okay, there is still an overtime!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

So it all comes down to one goal. One beautiful or horrific goal.
    What excitement ! Two goals in the last 90 seconds and the Bruins tie the game !

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    So it all comes down to one goal. One beautiful Leaf's goal in overtime.
    Oh how I hope that you're right.

In other news...this thread has hit 50 pages!!!

Sorry.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Sorry Esther!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Well that just sucks. But with a three goal lead, it was the Leafs game to lose. ...and they did.

Now I have to go to my room and cry.

Heartbreaking. I'm glad they took the Bruins all the way to game 7 OT though. Blowing a 3-goal lead like that, on the other hand....
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

In other news, my Rangers are up FOUR to ZERO!

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

On the bright side, I will no longer be meeting my friends at the pub to watch playoff games and will, therefore, eat healthier. Playoffs are hell on my diet.

Good luck to the Rangers!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Well that just sucks. But with a three goal lead, it was the Leafs game to lose. ...and they did.

Now I have to go to my room and cry.

The Leafs did more than pass expectations when you look at the whole series. They obviously blew an amazing 3rd period lead. Oh well.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Blowing a 3-goal lead like that, on the other hand....
    Can lead to rioting in the streets. Hopefully the police are out in full force on Yonge.

Thanks for the sympathy guys. I appreciate it. But as a longtime Leafs fan, the sad reality is that I'm used to being led on by the Leafs only to end up full of disappointment. My love for the Leafs is the most disfunctional relationship that I've ever had. I don't think anyone expected them to go to game 7; after a 9 year dry spell it was a fun ride and hopefully the beginning of a better era.

GO SENATORS!!!

FIVE nil

Rangers play tactically much better game than Caps. Swarming defence, shots blocking and great speed in attack...well deserved lead.

Thrilled to see Ovechkin have such a horrible playoff.

Dismayed that it comes at the hands of the Rangers.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

First road game 7 victory in NYR history.

Hail to the king.

B2B shutouts for Henry.

Lets Go Rangers.

Congrats to Scott, Scott and Obscured, for the Rangers game 7 victory! I didn't see the game, but it's sure a pretty looking final score.

Sorry to yank the thread form being the Eastern half of the NHL discussion thread but this Kings/Sharks series looks like a pretty entertaining one. I guess the Ducks and Kings might have been a little more intense because of the proximity but this one might prove to be even that more intense. Two different styles going against each other.

The front page of the Toronto Sun this morning...

^That about sums it up. I'm still hurting this morning. But I can't deny that the better team won. The consolation, if you think about it, is that in a couple of the games it took pulling the goalie and having that extra man on the ice for Boston to score.

My hope is that these young players learned a thing or two and will be that much hungrier next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    Sorry to yank the thread form being the Eastern half of the NHL discussion thread but this Kings/Sharks series looks like a pretty entertaining one. I guess the Ducks and Kings might have been a little more intense because of the proximity but this one might prove to be even that more intense. Two different styles going against each other.
    I wish there were more West fans to post in here. I like hearing about hockey from all over. Unfortunately for you, most people in this thread have teams East. SJ/LA...Both big teams and SJ has a LOT to prove with all their playoff chokes...should be a physical one.

I can't remember the last time I was comfortable watching a Ranger playoff game! My blood pressure was actually normal for most of those 2.5 game hours I'm real surprised how dominant we were in the game...all lines. I thought for sure it was going to be an OT nail-biter.

Sorry to my Toronto friends...that must have SUCKED!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I just scored tickets to the Red Wings / Blackhawks game on Monday night. It is going to be a early fathers day present for my dad. I have never been to a playoff game before, so I am excited. The atmosphere in Detroit is electric during the playoffs, especially with our cross lake rivals as our opponenets. I am stoked!

Steve Sly

Steve - you're going to have a blast. Playoff hockey is one of the greatest things in life to witness in person.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I just scored tickets to the Red Wings / Blackhawks game on Monday night. It is going to be a early fathers day present for my dad. I have never been to a playoff game before, so I am excited. The atmosphere in Detroit is electric during the playoffs, especially with our cross lake rivals as our opponenets. I am stoked!

Steve Sly
    That sounds amazing!