Page 48 of 403 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Isles play heckuva series, including a dominating ot tonight but, ... they're playing golf in the morning.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Goddamn Penguins.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I was pretty bummed the Isles lost....what the hell has happened to me?!

I feel for ya, Thomas. Isles deserved to win tonight. Totally dominated the game. Especially in OT. I would have pulled the hair out of my head with those quick whistles for Vokoun. There were at least 3 times where the puck was clearly loose and refs stopped play.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Down about the Isles getting eliminated tonight. But it was good watching some meaningful games on the Island again and great to have gotten my daughter hooked on hockey! I hope they keep most of the 7 free agents instead of trying to have the lowest payroll in the league. Go Isles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    ...great to have gotten my daughter hooked on hockey!
    Enjoy your time watching games with her. My Dad was a huge baseball fan and I used to love spending Sunday afternoons with him, in front of the TV watching the Blue Jays. After he passed, baseball was never the same for me. The first game I watched after his passing (he died in 1994 just before the lockout began, so the first game without him wasn't until 1995), I balled my eyes out through the whole game. But I treasure the memories that I have of spending that time with him. Especially watching the Jays win the World Series with him in 1992 and 1993. I remember that final 1993 game like it was yesterday.

Reminder-

SUNDAY'S START TIMES:
    4:30 p.m. ET Washington Capitals at New York Rangers Game 6
    7:30 p.m. ET Boston Bruins at Toronto Maple Leafs Game 6
    10 p.m. ET Detroit Red Wings at Anaheim Ducks Game 7

MONDAY'S START TIMES:
    7 p.m. ET Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins Game 7*
    8 p.m. ET New York Rangers at Washington Capitals Game 7*

* -- if necessary

Back to back nights in those *if nec. games. No time for rest/recupe!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Esther, do or die for us both today...good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    There is always plan B. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moAW1Ylr3Fo
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

It sure is. Good luck to you too!

So being Mother's day, this is why my mother is the best! We're having my family over for a Mother's Day dinner. My husband and I, and my two brothers are all interested in watching the hockey game, but would glady miss the game for our Mom. The Survivor Finale is also on tonight and Mom is a huge Survivor fan. My Mom suggested that we eat dinner early so that we're done by 7:30 and we can all sit and watch the game together. She doesn't even like hockey! She just wants to enjoy the game with her kids because she knows that it's something we all enjoy. When I asked if she'd rather watch Survivor, she said no because she's recording it can watch it later. She wants to watch hockey with us.

What a Mom!

What is it with the Caps giving Ranger fans false hope, that's just not right.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm hoping for a nail biting game with the Leafs and Boston tonight.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Well, talk about nail biting, first goal by the Leafs in the 3rd period with a 2-1 outcome. Dion Phaneuf makes a total comeback, Riemer shines. Wicked game and I'm looking forward to Monday night.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

And we both live to see another game. I freakin' LOVE games 7s. There is nothing more exciting, IMO, than when both teams have everything on the line.

Good luck tomorrow night Scott!

Oh man, I can't wait. Good luck to you too!!! Hey, can you imagine the ratings explosion if Toronto plays NY??!! For once in my life I'll say, "Go conspiracy theory!!"

Christ I'm nervous...

This morning I moved into the 21st century. My wife and I took our tax refund and purchased a new 55 inch high def TV. Watching the Red Wings / Ducks game right now and it is amazing. I had no clue what I was missing with our old TV (which really was not all that old). Anyway…….just need the Wings to hang on for 20 more minutes….

Steve Sly

Dude, big screen hi def TV's were built with hockey in mind...I'm convinced. Good for you!

If you are a Midwest hockey fan it does not get any better then Red Wings Vs. Blackhawks. I live in Kalamazoo which is exactly half way between the two cities. Probably more Red Wings fans than Blackhawks, but there are a lot of fans of both teams here. To me the coolest thing about all of this is that the Red Wings are about 30% rookies this year and the youngsters keep getting better and better. This may not be a Stanley Cup team(although you never know), but the Wings are just re-loading, and are going to be really good going forward from here. The Red Wings are an example of how a sports franchise should be run. From top to bottom it is a first class organization. The Lions, Pistons, and even the Tigers could take a few lessons from them.

Steve Sly

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ I wish though that they would get to the meet in the western finals for their final year in the same conference, but still...glad there will be one more page in that rivalry. (Even though I was rooting for the ducks )
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Red Wings are an example of how a sports franchise should be run. From top to bottom it is a first class organization.Steve Sly
    As much as it pains me to say this as a Blues fan, I would have to agree with you completely Steve. Congratulations on moving to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I read these articles when the NY Times posted it in Dec2011. It is a compelling but sad story, very well written.
    You may want to save the articles for later, after you're done cheering for your hockey heroes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/sp...-to-brawl.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/05/sp...n-the-ice.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/sp...going-bad.html

Great night for hockey with two game 7's. It would be great if the Leafs could pull this one out their fans certainly deserve it. Pretty impressive turnout for just 1st round games.

Caps playing very well at home. Hopefully the Rangers can get their dismal 2 for 26 power play to do something. I'm holding Torts responsible as long as he has been their coach its been very mediocre at best you have to wonder how much are they working on it to get better results. Thankfully we have Lundqvuist to make up for the lack of scoring.

Getting knots in my stomach already and we still have 2 1/2 hours until the puck drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Great night for hockey with two game 7's. It would be great if the Leafs could pull this one out their fans certainly deserve it. Pretty impressive turnout for just 1st round games.
    Thanks! It's been very tough at times being a fan in recent years. I thought last night's game was superb, loved it.