Page 43 of 404 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Leafs 4.
    Leafs in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Depending how kinky you are, that could have been last year.
    LOL! Yes, I suppose it could have.

Hoping for a good Van/SJ game now as tonight's first two were over fast. Nothing like last night's early games.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

If the Leafs don't wake up they'll be OUT of the playoffs before they even realise they were IN the playoffs.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    If the Leafs don't wake up they'll be OUT of the playoffs before they even realise they were IN the playoffs.
    The Leafs are in playoffs??? Based on last night's performance, someone should let them know!

My point exactly! They're so used to WATCHING the playoffs that they did just that last night!

Can't believe they missed this one:

zucc.jpg frodo.jpg
    Mats Zuccarello ... Frodo

Hoping the Capitals continue with their recent history of early playoff exits. The pressure is definitely on O-V...Rangers recent offensive surge needs to continue Lundqvuist can't do it all......Lets go Rangers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Hoping the Capitals continue with their recent history of early playoff exits. The pressure is definitely on O-V...Rangers recent offensive surge needs to continue Lundqvuist can't do it all......Lets go Rangers!!!!!
    They don't usually leave early, they tend to drag it out for the fans.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

They don't usually leave early, they tend to drag it out for the fans.
    Perhaps last year they dragged it losing to the Rangers in 7 in the 2nd round but the two years prior they lost in the second round to the Lighting in 4 straight and the year before that the Canadians in 7 in the 1st round.

Anderson off to a great start in goal for the Sens hoping he keeps it up and they knock off The Canadians which will help the Rangers seeding if they get to the second round.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I followed the Leafs for over 20 years but lost interest in the last five year. Last night offered me a chance to see the magic again. Not. I definitely need to revise my estimate of four games.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Leafs in 5.
    Here's hoping!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Caps are up 3-1 after 2, not that it means a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Here's hoping!
    I think that Hockey is the only thing in the world that makes me hopeful and skeptical at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    My point exactly! They're so used to WATCHING the playoffs that they did just that last night!
    And they had the best seats in the house. LOL!

There are no hockey games on the regular sports channels here, not even the Caps.

Scary hit during the Sens/Habs game...

If Holtby plays this well all through the playoffs it will be a quick Stanley Cup victory for the Caps.

There are no hockey games on the regular sports channels here, not even the Caps.
    Do you get NBC Sports? NBC's cable channels has been covering the games, putting the overflow games on CNBC (or MSNBC, I forget which).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Do you get NBC Sports? NBC's cable channels has been covering the games, putting the overflow games on CNBC (or MSNBC, I forget which).
    I have basic cable with the ESPN & MSN channels. There was a late game on last night, I think Wings & Ducks.

50 shots.... 50 SHOTS! and only 2 goals... Meanwhile, the Sens get 4 on 31 shots. Anderson may win the series on his own... :|

Re: video above. While not as overtly a dangerous check as Ference on Grabovski, I think Eller was totally defenseless and the blow was to the head so the league should take action. He was my favorite Hab of late too!

That was a scary hit - always scary when you see that much blood - but it looked totally clean from what you could see in the vid.

Wonder if there'll be any review and subsequent punishment...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I thought the hit was relatively clean and the blood was from his being cut by his visor and the facial/dental damage was from hitting the ice mouth first. I think they will have to give Gryba at least 1 game, but it's for the outcome of the hit more than the illegality of the hit itself. The bottom line is you can't hit guys high. The guy with the puck will always have his heat lower than the defender and Gryba is 2 inches taller than Eller to begin with. I really thought he lead with his shoulder and the rear view camera made it seem that the first point of contact was Eller's chest and it was Grayba's upper arm that contacted his head.

Re: Anderson - that's the way he was playing before he got wiped out by Kreider. He really hadn't played lights-out like that since his return. He definitely can carry this team into the second round as I think he's a better goalie than Price at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I think they will have to give Gryba at least 1 game, but it's for the outcome of the hit more than the illegality of the hit itself.
    What? No!

If the hit is legal, he shouldn't get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    The bottom line is you can't hit guys high. The guy with the puck will always have his heat lower than the defender and Gryba is 2 inches taller than Eller to begin with. I really thought he lead with his shoulder and the rear view camera made it seem that the first point of contact was Eller's chest and it was Grayba's upper arm that contacted his head.
    So, you're going to penalize Gryba for being taller than Eller?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The dude on the Habs that made that suicidal pass to Eller which put him in that position should be suspended. It's an unfortunate play, but that's a clean hit in my book.

Rangers only showed up for half the game last night and Henrik gave up a real softy which in uncharacteristic. Definitely miss the muscle of Boyle, Clowe and Staal because Caps played real physical. We came alive in the 3rd, but too little too late. Holtby came up big when he needed to. Some seriously ridiculous officiating as well. On to game 2...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak