Page 41 of 403 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Verging on Shadow humor territory there, Scott.

I was thinking the same thing when I posted that!

Note that I made sure that the image would appear at the end of a page, so you all wouldn't be subjected to it every time you opened the thread.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I know there are not many (any?) Red Wings fans here, but Saturday night is going to be very interesting. They could finish as the #7 sead or not make the playoffs at all depending on the outcome of their own game and several others. We would proably rather not face the Blackhawks in the first round if we can help it.

Steve Sly

I don't like or dislike the Red Wings. I do have a huge amount of respect for the organization though. Steve Yzerman is still one of my all-time favorites.

Rangers with a win today will get no worse than 7th seed. At this point I'd much rather play Boston than Pitt.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    From an organizational standpoint I have the utmost respect for the Red Wings. Being a Blues fan however........

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I don't like or dislike the Red Wings. I do have a huge amount of respect for the organization though. Steve Yzerman is still one of my all-time favorites.

Rangers with a win today will get no worse than 7th seed. At this point I'd much rather play Boston than Pitt.
    Yzerman is a class act and doing very well in his position with the Lightning in Tampa.

Steve Sly

Bring on the Ducks baby!

Steve Sly

Steve - how do you feel about Detroit changes conferences?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Steve - how do you feel about Detroit changes conferences?
    I am all for it. Geographically I have never thought it made sense to be in the West.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Bring on those Caps! Let's Go Rangers!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    But I look forward to Cindy wiping her ass with the blue shirts in round one LOL
    good luck, buddy!! Hey, I'm not to thrilled about playing the RED hot Caps in the first round either. Sens/B's and of course Habs/Leafs...wow.

Man, these Eastern match-ups are gonna be insane! I haven't followed the West too much with the short season so can't really make any predictions there. But let the games begin!!!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Boston can lose the division if they lose to ottawa today. i can'r believe they mayhave let 2nd over all get away from them.

Flyers end the season with four wins.

Fucking Toronto Rock just threw away a first place seed to the last place team in an embarrassing 20-11 loss. So I now have to rely solely on the Leafs for playoff hope. I hope they can stick around and extent the season a while...I'm not a big fan of any summer sports.

Sens pulled off a very unlikely win tonight in Boston. I thought Boston physically dominated them and outshot them, but Ottawa was very opportunistic, which is not a hallmark of this year's squad. Anyway, the upshot of all this is that Ottawa faces Montreal rather than Boston or Pittsburgh, which is a much better matchup. Let the second season begin!

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Sens pulled off a very unlikely win tonight in Boston. I thought Boston physically dominated them and outshot them, but Ottawa was very opportunistic, which is not a hallmark of this year's squad. Anyway, the upshot of all this is that Ottawa faces Montreal rather than Boston or Pittsburgh, which is a much better matchup. Let the second season begin!
    I think that means that the Leafs face Boston (I was misled about Leafs/Montreal being set). I'd rather be up against Montreal than the Bruins.

Three west coast teams in the playoff at 2, 5 and 6. Kings re playing the Blues in the first round a team they haven' lost to in 7 games. The Sharks are playing the Canucks and I think they can beat them. The Ducks and Red Wings a bit more fuzzy. Should be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I know there are not many (any?) Red Wings fans here
    I'm one. Been quietly lurking on this thread from the start.

Cheers from a fellow Michigan native. Glad our guys made it 22 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I think that means that the Leafs face Boston (I was misled about Leafs/Montreal being set). I'd rather be up against Montreal than the Bruins.
    I think this is going to be a hell of a series. Toronto can match Boston's physical play, although they don't have an agitator like Brad Marchand (I personally would like to straighten his ugly nose with a hammer and without the benefit of an anaesthetic). Boston's power play has been lousy lately and there figure to be a lot of penalties so I give Toronto an excellent chance to advance. The key is Reimer.

Check out this save by goalie Drew MacIntyre...goalie for the Leafs farm team, The Toronto Marlies.

Full Puck Daddy story here if anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I think this is going to be a hell of a series. Toronto can match Boston's physical play, although they don't have an agitator like Brad Marchand (I personally would like to straighten his ugly nose with a hammer and without the benefit of an anaesthetic). Boston's power play has been lousy lately and there figure to be a lot of penalties so I give Toronto an excellent chance to advance. The key is Reimer.
    I think Reimer will do fine. He's a smart kid who seems like he can stay focused under pressure. It's funny, as the first Leafs team to make the playoffs in nine years, Toronto fans are excited but it seems that most people aren't really expecting them to make it past the first round. Hopefully, this will actually take some of the pressure off of them so that they can perform well.

I'm looking forward to watching the Sens/Habs series too. I'll be rooting for the Sens. I've always liked them. And I know that I may be in the minority, but I like Alfredsson. The sad thing about two Canadian teams playing each other is that one Canadian team has to be eliminated. For a country who's national sport is hockey, we don't have enough teams in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Check out this save by goalie Drew MacIntyre...goalie for the Leafs farm team, The Toronto Marlies.
    Yeah, that's pretty insane.

DAMMMNNNN!!! I thought this thread was GONZO as I never saw it in my "private messages" area. DOH!! Anyway, glad to be back. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs and GO HABS!!

I'm watching a Hockey Night in Canada special about the playoffs and they just said that this is the first time that all of the Original Six have made the playoffs since 1996! That's a suprisingly long time (although the Leafs alone would have kept that from happening for the last nine years). Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I'm one. Been quietly lurking on this thread from the start.

Cheers from a fellow Michigan native. Glad our guys made it 22 in a row.
    Cool, yes I remember you were originally from Michigan. It should be a good first round series, and at lest we don't have to play Chicago right off the bat.

Steve Sly