Page 372 of 403 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Two seasons for Torts b4 the players and fans say enuff.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Two seasons for Torts b4 the players and fans say enuff.

If he doesn't make it past 2 seasons I'll cut lawns for a day in only an Islanders speedo.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    [emoji2962][emoji1]

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Rangers gave it a good try, but ran out of steam...and into a Tampa trap. Never thought they'd get this far so this season was a treat. Probably going to lose a few guys, but I think this crew is gonna put on a good show for a while Let's go Colorado!!
    Trap? Tampa doesn’t play a trap. Or a lock. Those are specific strategies. Too often good positional D is conflated with trapping. If they actually used a trap they wouldn’t have generated so much o-zone pressure time or odd-man rushes.

Anyhow, Bolts were mediocre (as usual) in game 1 vs Avs. Lucky to get to overtime, and Vasi allowing 2 1st period charmin softies didn’t help. I expect the rest will be similar to the Toronto series - hopefully with the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Trap? Tampa doesn’t play a trap. Or a lock. Those are specific strategies. Too often good positional D is conflated with trapping. If they actually used a trap they wouldn’t have generated so much o-zone pressure time or odd-man rushes.
    Yes Tampa uses a handful of different strategies (incredibly well coached team...impressive as hell), but the main one, the 1-1-3 is most definitely a lock which they can use very aggressively in the offensive zone resulting in that relentless pressure. Regardless, they are a great defensive team and deserved the series.

[emoji2962][emoji1]

Thomas when you post those emoji things you can't see them for some reason. It shows up as [emoji123] or something like that. I want to see what they are!

You were giving me visions of - shudder - Jacques Lemaire.

The eons are closing
    Thomas when you post those emoji things you can't see them for some reason. It shows up as [emoji123] or something like that. I want to see what they are! [emoji38]
    Ahhhhhh Thanks for the clue! Tapatalk is causing the issue then - gotta remember the ol skool PE typed emoticons....

So...

if Torts coaches one game in 24-25 season - I will meet you at Kumo on Central Ave wearing my best "Sassoons" and either a Duguay or Richter jersey and buy you lunch at the sushi bar.

The eons are closing
    Scrolling down - saw this

https://twitter.com/6Jfan/status/153...dUbgqhoTk7EsSQ

Also this -
    https://twitter.com/Flyersfan3344/st...dUbgqhoTk7EsSQ

Dubi would know plenty about Torts. I'm surprised McDonagh can still walk. In the three years he played under Torts he averaged 110 blocks/season.

Vegas traded Evgenii Dadonov for Shea Weber, freeing up almost $13M in cap space (Dadanov's $5M salary + Weber's $7.8M salary, which they can hide on the long-term injured list).

This Avs team is one of the most efficient offensive teams I've seen in I don't know how long. And the defending Stanley Cup champions look slow by comparison.

If he doesn't make it past 2 seasons I'll cut lawns for a day in only an Islanders speedo.
    Thanks Klonk, I just spit out my drink!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This Avs team is one of the most efficient offensive teams I've seen in I don't know how long. And the defending Stanley Cup champions look slow by comparison.
    It’s still kinda early, and I usually don’t get too excited until the home team loses a game. But I don’t remember seeing overall team speed like the Avs have and I agree with you that the Bolts looked slow. I expect TB to have an answer but I don’t expect it to be enough

Ahh it is always grand when you win by a touchdown, but wait, this is hockey!

The Rangers ran out of gas and the Avalanche are not the Rangers so Game 3 will be the benchmark decisive game. If Tampa can win one it could be tonight but that's it. Tampa has to win all four games left against a tougher, faster and hungrier team like Colorado, you can say it looks mighty grim for Tampa. But then again, they still have the russian brick wall with them who will never be pulled even if the score is 10-0 in favor of the opponent.

if Torts coaches one game in 24-25 season - I will meet you at Kumo on Central Ave wearing my best "Sassoons" and either a Duguay or Richter jersey and buy you lunch at the sushi bar.

Ooh, La La. I hope the boys made a lot of cash on the commercial cause that is the definition of cringeworthy.

Mudshark , I think your going to have to pull out your Sassoon’s for this one. Year 1 he whips them into shape makes a bunch of changes and the record improves. Year 2 more improvement but more resentment. Year 3 the slide back and player revolt. Doesn’t see Year 4 unless he has a ticket.

The eons are closing
    Torts is more "known" now - so players have the scuttlebutt on who he really is.

He wont make the start of Year 3 - if I have to go to Philly to lead the chants myself! LOL

- T

Great hockey. This is why we watch.

Go Avs!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Tough blow for Tampa. Probably seals the deal for the Avs.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Many times there will always be controversy, now its about the "too many skaters" but as the tape shows, both teams were at fault when Kadri scored the winner.
    Let's face it, only a huge miracle and a catastrophic implosion by Colorado could let Tampa win a third cup. It is for the Av's to lose and they are have been the better team in the Finals, no matter how much Jon Cooper whines and will not accept losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Many times there will always be controversy, now its about the "too many skaters" but as the tape shows, both teams were at fault when Kadri scored the winner.
    Let's face it, only a huge miracle and a catastrophic implosion by Colorado could let Tampa win a third cup. It is for the Av's to lose and they are have been the better team in the Finals, no matter how much Jon Cooper whines and will not accept losing.
    Yeah Colorado had 6 guys on the ice...and Tampa had 7 Colorado owned that OT regardless and you felt it coming. I'm not gonna bash Cooper though. I think he's a great coach and has a lot of class. This was a crushing blow for the Lightning.

Avs are totally dominating the special teams battle...their PP is fucking deadly. Even with the loss and subpar goaltending they just look like the more energetic, better team. But hey...still gotta win 4!

Excellent game. Thought I lost my mind for a second, along with everyone else watching who were looking for the puck. Great play by Kuemper to catch TB in a change. The Avs are the better team, but you have to admire TB for hanging tough. I think they have a good shot to win game 5.

.their PP is fucking deadly.
    Isn't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Thought I lost my mind for a second, along with everyone else watching who were looking for the puck.
    I didn't see it. I thought Kadri got stone walled, but got the rebound left of the net and got off a bad angle shot from there which was also stopped. Then his teammates started rushing towards him, and then the penny dropped.