Page 36 of 402 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

When we had the Winter Classic here in Buffalo, NBC had to truck in snow and pack it around the rink so that, on TV, it looked like there was snow.

Because it's BUFFALO so it MUST have snow.

And if reality doesn't fit the Motherfuck!ng Media's narrative, truth be damned!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

And to think, they want one in LA now, too.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    And to think, they want one in LA now, too.
    How can you have a WINTER Classic someplace that doesn't have WINTER?

That's Gary Bettman for ya!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Ottawa Newsflash - Erik Karlsson was filmed skating only 2 months after having his Achilles tendon sliced by that blackheart Matt Cooke. Normally, the recovery period is 6 - 7 months, so this guy is obviously not completely human! Unfortunately, the way the Sens are playing right now, they are going to fall out of the playoffs so Karlsson will still have to wait until October to get into a real game.

It's still good news. An injury like that could have ended his career!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

And so it begins...
    http://www.barclayscenter.com/events...-jersey-devils
    Can't wait. Guarantee Rangers -Isles will go to another level. Gonna be sick!
    Fugheddabouttit
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

We're in baby! Habs clinched a playoff spot with a convincing win over the Sabres...who are just mailing them in at this point.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

How about those Islanders...I have not paid attention to NHL for a while, and meanwhile they become one of the hottest teams on the ice

Yep, and now all the "fans" are starting to show up! I love that the Isles are finally back in the mix. It makes for awesome, nerve wracking NY hockey as it should be. Honestly, it's about time Isles/Rangers had a meaningful game in April. Can't wait for Saturday night.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Looks like the Sens put the Flyers out of their misery last night. Both teams have been wracked with injuries to key players, although I'm a bit mystified that they're claiming Pronger is injured. He's done. He just hasn't quite got his head around it yet.

Next up on the chopping block - the Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    We're in baby! Habs clinched a playoff spot with a convincing win over the Sabres...who are just mailing them in at this point.
    What a tremendous turnaround in one year. As much as I don't like Michel Therrien, I have to give him and new GM Marc Bergevin tons of credit for making a lot of good moves. Does it look like Gallagher will be able to come back quickly from that nasty head-shot he took last night?

I went to the last meeting at the coliseum about a month ago the Islanders where leading after two periods there where quite a few brawls in the stands. Then the Rangers came back and took it in OT which created even more more mayhem. Nash and Lundquivst were quoted as saying it felt like a Ranger home game with all the Ranger fans in attendance.

As Scott noted this time there will likely be a lot more Islander fans as there are playing really well. Strongly considering taking up my sons offer to go to the game either way it should be a crazy night and hopefully a win for the Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I'm a bit mystified that they're claiming Pronger is injured. He's done. He just hasn't quite got his head around it yet.
    I think this is a "legal/insurance" kinda thing - everyone knows he's done. I'm not real good with salary cap and insurance details, but I've no doubt that they're playing a game to avoid taking some kind of hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I think this is a "legal/insurance" kinda thing - everyone knows he's done. I'm not real good with salary cap and insurance details, but I've no doubt that they're playing a game to avoid taking some kind of hit.
    Fair enough Scott, that makes sense. It just irks me that Flyer apologists are saying the reason for their poor performance this season has been a decimated defence, and mentioning Pronger's name first and foremost.

Speaking of defense, good to see Marc Staal skating again. Fractures are healed around the eye and though vision is still blurry for now, he's soon to be back on the ice. Great news! He's sorely missed on our blue line.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Speaking of defense, good to see Marc Staal skating again. Fractures are healed around the eye and though vision is still blurry for now, he's soon to be back on the ice. Great news! He's sorely missed on our blue line.
    They say he may never regain his full eyesight. What a shame.

Fair enough Scott, that makes sense. It just irks me that Flyer apologists are saying the reason for their poor performance this season has been a decimated defence, and mentioning Pronger's name first and foremost.
    the reason for their poor performance this season is that they failed to react to Pronger's injury. They made a serious play for Shea Weber, but it didn't work out, and they had no contingency plan. They hesitated to re-sign Jagr, after he did nothing but perform for them last year, and he bolted. The story is that they were interested in Parise, and didn't want to sign Jagr until they knew what Parise was going to do, but Jagr got tired of waiting. And Giroux's performance suffered without Jagr as a linemate. They actually got decent play from Bryzgalov after he was sub-par last year, but he'll probably be gone next year as an amnesty player because he has such an insane contract.

Bottom line: Paul Holmgren (Flyers' GM) NEEDS to be fired. To say that he's failed is a complete understatement.

The build up to tomorrow nights game between Islanders and Rangers continues the coliseum is sold out not sure the last time that happened and tickets on the fans site are selling from $200 for last rows in the top sections up to $500 for the lower sections. The hype for NY bragging rights in hockey is back on!

Potvin sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Potvin sucks!
    I concur!!

Next up on the chopping block - the Devils.
    Not a difficult task these days.

Shit. Makes me chagrined to remember all the gloating I did at the beginning of the season, but the Devils looked really good back then. Oh well.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Schadenfreude is all I have left.

I looked in the kitchen for some grapes, but all I had was a banana. I put some of that non-sugar, hippy peanut butter on it. Washed it down with some bourbon and English ale. Changed the channel.

Braves 1. Nats 4.

Rats.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.