Page 336 of 403 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Yeah, saw that....how many other similar audio takes do the networks have that never were broadcast? Not just from Tim Peel but others...

Not Peel's first issue either...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Make up calls are often actually fairer than so-called 'by the book'. So much in hockey takes place on a continuum between allowable and penalizable that any hockey ref has to actually manage walking a very thin line. If you've given one team, say, two 50-60% penalties, then fairness will 'allow' you to later call a 45 percenter on the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Make up calls are often actually fairer than so-called 'by the book'. So much in hockey takes place on a continuum between allowable and penalizable that any hockey ref has to actually manage walking a very thin line. If you've given one team, say, two 50-60% penalties, then fairness will 'allow' you to later call a 45 percenter on the other team.
    I'd prefer a referee not even know the "continuum" and just call the things they "see."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Too bad we can't play Philly more often!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Too bad we can't play Philly more often!
    Yeah, what’s up with that? Once is (possibly) a fluke but twice in a row...? May cost Vigneault his job.

Must add that I don’t understand why Laf isn’t producing for you guys. One of the most dominant junior and WJC players I’ve ever seen..

A 21 second overtime win, beats the Caps 28 second overtime win. Why not just flip a coin or paper scissors rock.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Yeah, what’s up with that? Once is (possibly) a fluke but twice in a row...? May cost Vigneault his job.

Must add that I don’t understand why Laf isn’t producing for you guys. One of the most dominant junior and WJC players I’ve ever seen..
    What I've seen in the games against Philly is that their defense is just terrible. Simple as that. Just leaving guys everywhere untouched...very surprising! Look for them to make a move on D for sure.

As far as Laf goes, he'll get there. Kid is only 19. You can see spurts of the skills, but he's playing very cautious and unselfish right now. Confidence will creep in and numbers will come. Same with Kakko who has been playing well.

What I've seen in the games against Philly is that their defense is just terrible. Simple as that. Just leaving guys everywhere untouched...very surprising! Look for them to make a move on D for sure.
    The Flyers play a good game and then rip off a couple of games that couldn't beat a minor league club. One would think they are mailing it in but the Flyers are still in the hunt. Hard to understand

The eons are closing
    Another idiotic T Wilson spectacle for no reason other than to be an an ass. :

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Another idiotic T Wilson spectacle for no reason other than to be an an ass. :

I'm sure Lindgren chirped him, but yeah he's a jackass. No compliments on the great 3rd period by the Rangers, Thomas??

The eons are closing
    It was a great 3rd period for youse.

But I dont root for Blueshirts to win, just the Cr@pitals to lose! [emoji106] [emoji16]

The two Isles games va the Cindys may be the most non-Trotz like games they've played under his coaching. The opening 5 minutes of each were like Isles circa 2013-14 - chickens with no heads...

And we're outta Devs/Sabres games - so remaining 20 games will be quite the challenge

The eons are closing
    BTW - congrats to the Sabres for ending their winless streak

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    The Flyers play a good game and then rip off a couple of games that couldn't beat a minor league club. One would think they are mailing it in but the Flyers are still in the hunt. Hard to understand
    BTW - congrats to the Sabres for ending their winless streak

It's often painful to be a Flyers fan.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    i just dont understand their defensive lapses...and its ruining Hart's confidence IMO

i just dont understand their defensive lapses...and its ruining Hart's confidence IMO

Hart hasn't played in a while - for that reason. And the defense just isn't good.

The eons are closing
    If peeps are still pining for the WHL - tonight's Isles + Cr@pitals is your game.

For me - terrible hockey. Happy for the 2pts but if this is what Bettman wants.....

If peeps are still pining for the WHL - tonight's Isles + Cr@pitals is your game.

For me - terrible hockey. Happy for the 2pts but if this is what Bettman wants.....

Just can't figure out the Caps. One night the defense plays lights out and the last two games they played like they were playing Buffalo.

Twelve goals the night before and just three goals with a 2-1 overtime win last night.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Hart hasn't played in a while - for that reason. And the defense just isn't good.
    Well he was awesome last night, much more like last year.

The eons are closing
    Sweet Lou moving ahead of everyone else.

The New York Islanders acquired New Jersey Devils winger Kyle Palmieri on Wednesday night, landing one of the most coveted forwards ahead of Monday's NHL trade deadline.

The Islanders acquired Palmieri, 30, and veteran center Travis Zajac, 35, from New Jersey for depth forwards A.J. Greer and Mason Jobst, the Islanders' first-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft, and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft.

Sweet Lou moving ahead of everyone else.

Dude! The Islanders just got that more frustrating to play against. I think this is a great move...fuck you

Dude! The Islanders just got that more frustrating to play against. I think this is a great move...fuck you
    You would have hated the 1-0 win over the Caps.

Great trade for both teams. Tommy Fitz saved some money, got a pick in the first and fourth rounds for the Devils and Uncle Lou got two rentals, seasoned vets with grit and some scoring. Two teams at different stages with different needs. Now if the Isles can make it the 32nd pick...

The eons are closing
    . Now if the Isles can make it the 32nd pick...
    That's the plan! lol

You would have hated the 1-0 win over the Caps.

Great trade for both teams. Tommy Fitz saved some money, got a pick in the first and fourth rounds for the Devils and Uncle Lou got two rentals, seasoned vets with grit and some scoring. Two teams at different stages with different needs. Now if the Isles can make it the 32nd pick...
    I don't like the style to put it nicely, but they play it perfectly and have all the players to do it...fuck you, Lou! Palmeri and Zajac fit right in. I even think Palmeri would fit in with the 1st line as the dude who's always racing in to get the puck getting the cycle goin. Zajac is killer on face-offs and a great penalty killer to boot. Looks like the Isles are makin' a serious push!

And hey...my Rangers have been playin pretty good lately. Just need Boston to lose more dammit!

I yelled a lot in that last post!!