Page 332 of 402 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    That's not how it works in the postseason for the NHL. OT in the playoffs is 5 on 5 until someone scores, as it should be. No 3 on 3, no shootouts. Admittedly not realistic for the regular season but OT in the Stanley Cup Playoffs is one of the best things in sports, period.
    Agreed. But I still think seeing 3 on 3 OT live is also one of the most exciting thing in sports. It's definitely not for the weak hearted!

And although we all agree on the shootout...must admit it's fun to be a part of live as well. If your team wins it of course!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I love watching sudden death 3 on 3 hockey! It's edge-of-your-seat-nail-biting hockey.

That's not how it works in the postseason for the NHL. OT in the playoffs is 5 on 5 until someone scores, as it should be. No 3 on 3, no shootouts. Admittedly not realistic for the regular season but OT in the Stanley Cup Playoffs is one of the best things in sports, period.
    I may not have written it well enough to be understood, but that's more or less how I understood it

Except.... that if a playoff game was still tied after the two sudden-death 10-mins overtime periods (or has that chaned?), it was down to shootouts, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Agreed. But I still think seeing 3 on 3 OT live is also one of the most exciting thing in sports. It's definitely not for the weak hearted!

And although we all agree on the shootout...must admit it's fun to be a part of live as well. If your team wins it of course!
    I suppose the 3on3 includes a goaltender on either side?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I love watching sudden death 3 on 3 hockey! It's edge-of-your-seat-nail-biting hockey.
    Yeah, i agree. Sure, its gimmicky but damn is it exciting. I wouldn't mind if they extended the OT period to 10 mins, as I don't think many games would get to the shootout phase if this was the case.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I may not have written it well enough to be understood, but that's more or less how I understood it

Except.... that if a playoff game was still tied after the two sudden-death 10-mins overtime periods (or has that chaned?), it was down to shootouts, right?

I suppose the 3on3 includes a goaltender on either side?
    No...in the playoffs its full 20 minute OT periods played until someone scores.

And its 3 on 3 with a goaltender (so 4 players per side).

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    No...in the playoffs its full 20 minute OT periods played until someone scores.
    One of the playoff games last season went 5 OT periods. That's 8 periods in total! Because of the Covid bubble and all teams playing in only two cities, there was another game scheduled afterwards, but they had to postpone that game to the next day.

^ best game of the playoffs!

One of the playoff games last season went 5 OT periods. That's 8 periods in total! Because of the Covid bubble and all teams playing in only two cities, there was another game scheduled afterwards, but they had to postpone that game to the next day.
    That 3 on 3 crap is for flag football and shootouts is for soccer where nobody may ever score again.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Caps down 3-0 after first then go ballistic.

...and speaking of the fun as hell 3 on 3 OT...Lafreniere gets his first NHL goal.

Late startin’ Covid drippin’ Dallas having the best success so far.

Forgive me, but this isn't the kind of thing that I get to post very often.

NHL.jpg

Agreed. But, considering the logistics and issues with that, the 3-on-3 is a great compromise.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bruins came back from a 3-0 deficit with less than a minute left. 28 seconds into overtime Ovi rifles a 20 foot shot into the goal for the win. Bruins never even touched the puck. If you had 5 on 5 that would have never happened. I'm glad the Caps won but it was kind of anti climatic.
    Last edited by Shadow; 01-31-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Bruins came back from a 3-0 deficit with less than a minute left. 28 seconds into overtime Ovi rifles a 20 foot shot into the goal for the win. Bruins never even touched the puck. If you had 5 on 5 that would have never happened. I'm glad the Caps won but it was kind of anti climatic.
    I dont know how the Bruins keep having such success every year, they're always in the damn mix! Piss off already!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Caps and Flyers postponed because Flyers have two players in protocol. Caps lose four players because of contact tracing and had to play four games down four players.

Another OT game that lasted 36 seconds. Did the Rangers even touch the puck. Went to refill my drink and the game was over.

Caps played their best game all year. Would of had a shutout if they wouldn't have knocked an opposing player into their goalie during a shot.

The schedule in this abbreviated season is pretty ridiculous. The Blues and Coyotes just played each other seven consecutive times!

The eons are closing
    Out west, the scheduling is much tougher given the need to minimize flights etc., but that schedule is extreme...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Yeah 7 times in a row is a bit much ...I love how it's been so far in the east. The hatred is starting to rage making for very angry, old school hockey

...too bad my Rangers haven't been all that good.

By the way...all the PPD games have killed my Fantasy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    The Blues and Coyotes just played each other seven consecutive times!
    So which team was eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    So which team was eliminated?
    Nobody! Thanks to the magic of overtime bonus points, both teams can claiming "winning" records for the series: 4-2-1 for Arizona and 3-3-1 for St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    By the way...all the PPD games have killed my Fantasy teams.
    It also kills any momentum any teams might have.

Goddamned shootouts
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally