Page 32 of 403 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Some pretty crazy bounces already in Newark tonight.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Business as usual for the Sens tonight - another 2 points in a pretty ugly win over the Islanders and another key player goes down - defenceman Mark Methot with a lower body (knee) injury.

Attached Images Attached Images

The eons are closing
    Total flail by Isles; that game should have been in the bag. Would have had season series on Sens with the win.
    Watching the Isles in the 3rd period reminds me of watching Armandno Benitez close for the Mets: sh!tty

In the race to suckitude that is the Eastern Conference 6th through 10th seeds;where is the player leadership?! Where is the stalwart blueliner to keep everybody from sh!tting their pants?! Hell...the Isles don't need a Potvin or Scott Stevens....I would settle for someone like Kenny Jonnson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Business as usual for the Sens tonight - another 2 points in a pretty ugly win over the Islanders and another key player goes down - defenceman Mark Methot with a lower body (knee) injury.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

...meanwhile, Rangers seem to be turning around the ship
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...meanwhile, Rangers seem to be turning around the ship
    3 goals in one game .......it's been awhile... and they came in a game that had great goal tending on both sides

I wish Del Zotto would be a little more consistent with his offensive zone rushes it really helps open up the offensive scoring chances.

Gaborik and Richards have got to pick it up!!

Last night, Blackhawks vs Ducks, the Blackhawks are clearly being outplayed, but with great goaltending, they hold a 2-1 lead with 5 minutes left. And similar to the first time the teams met, Anaheim explodes in last few minutes in the game, this time they get two goals, and win the game. Anaheim has been under the hockey world radar due to the Blackhawks success, but they are extremely talented, they are not only fast but physical.

Watching TSN last night between periods and they are STILL talking about the Leafs/Luongo rumours. Geez, get over it. I don't want Luongo here, and I know a lot of Leafs fans who feel the same way. We have two talented young goaltenders. I'd much rather see the money spent in other ways to build the team.

On a funny note, the TSN guys were discussing whether the Norris Trophy should be renamed. But the text on the screen said "Norris Tropy" (the h was missing). So I turned to my husband and said, I think they should rename the Norris Tropy and call it the Norris Trophy. Tropy is a stupid name. You had to be there, but it was funny...trust me.

The Norris Trophy should be renamed 'The Best Defense Man Who Sucks At Playing Defense Trophy'

The eons are closing
    QFT!

Y'all better get used to seeing Erik Karlsson winning it for all while (just not this year).

We have a guy here that will be in the running in upcoming years too.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    If the Isles had even ONE guy who MIGHT with God's grace be a candidate for a Norris Trophy; the playoffs would be attainable!
    Ranked 30th in GAA !! Only FLA is worse (and not by much)

However, tonight is as good a night as any to start a turnaround as we go for the season sweep against the Habs!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    We have a guy here that will be in the running in upcoming years too.
    I see it took some trash talking to get you to decloak. It's funny how the Leaf and Hab fans have been very circumspect about their teams' successes this year, almost afraid to jinx them. Fear not, Yves, Les Habitants look damn good this year. According to Pierre McGuire, they had to remove the cancer from the dressing room and from the management suite. Ouch!!!

Seriously, Subban is a great talent and once he grows up a little, he will get the respect his play deserves. I think he's on the road to that, but he could be a total douche when his current contract expires. Management has a way of remembering that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If the Isles had even ONE guy who MIGHT with God's grace be a candidate for a Norris Trophy; the playoffs would be attainable!
    Ranked 30th in GAA !! Only FLA is worse (and not by much)

However, tonight is as good a night as any to start a turnaround as we go for the season sweep against the Habs!
    Tonight's game has me nervous for sure.... Isles have our number.

Re Subban: He looks a lot better this year than last. He has become the key man on the power play. Aside from the odd bonehead mistake (like Tuesday in OT vs the Sabres) he can be relied on to give us a solid 25 min+ per game. He took the 2-year deal, but I believe the Habs will make sure to re-sign him to a longer contract at some point next season.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    It's funny how the Leaf and Hab fans have been very circumspect about their teams' successes this year, almost afraid to jinx them.
    I don't believe in jinxes. I've just spent too many years touting the Leafs great start to the season only to be eating crow come the halfway point. Crow doesn't taste as good as it sounds.

Marty gets career victory #665, but, more importantly, he gets his third career (2nd regular season) goal!! Passing Ron Hextall for the all-time lead. WTG Mr. B!

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I was really hoping that Brodeur would get the shutout and GWG.

Oh well.

Devils look so much better when they have Marty back there, passing the puck through the Devils' defensive zone. He just kills opponents' offensive rushes.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Habs shake a monkey off their backs by beating the Izzlanders convincingly!

That's pretty funny shit, Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post

LOL! Love it.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Habs shake a monkey off their backs by beating the Izzlanders convincingly!
    For two periods, the Habs were not so convincing there....

Another wasted third period for the Isles. Another goal let up wihtin the first 120 seconds of a period. I cannot find stats on goals allowed within the first few minutes of a period; but anecdotally, I know the Isles would be the worst offender in the NHL.

Also, 48 of the 101 goals let in by the Isles this year have come in the 3rd period alone.
    That is fucking pathetic.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post

Oh man...that was some funny sh!t.

at that video!

Meanwhile...I'm still rubbing my eyes in an attempt to erase the result of Rangers/Panthers game last night.