Page 322 of 402 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Boychuk-skate-MON-NYI.jpg

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/03/03...k-leaves-game/

Saw this and it was scary to see.

Update: Boychuk got 90 stitches to his face and eyelid and there is not any expected damage to his eye.

His brother posted, " A few extra zips but sounds like he should hire someone else to do his eyebrows from now on." Leave to to a family member to zing you when your out of the woods.
    Last edited by Tangram; 03-04-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post

Update: Boychuk got 90 stitches to his face and eyelid and there is not any expected damage to his eye.

His brother posted, " A few extra zips but sounds like he should hire someone else to do his eyebrows from now on." Leave to to a family member to zing you when your out of the woods.
    You would have thought there would have been blood everywhere.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The eons are closing
    Hey MudShark, I know you're a big time Isles fan and you didn't watch games early in the season. They are completely lost right now, maybe the only thing left to do is to ban you temporarily from watching the games. It's tough to believe that a team that got 32 out of 34 points at one point in the season is struggling to make the playoffs.

All kidding aside, they have to right the ship real soon or Klonk will be more than happy to watch the Rangers slip into a playoff spot.
    I shoulda waited for March instead of starting with the end of NFL regular season.....

- Thomas
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Of course, last year we passed the 30th anniversary of the Clint Malarchuk injury, literally the worst injury I've ever seen in sports.

Don't forget Richard Zednick...that one was just as horrific.

Glad to see Boychuck ok and no damage to the eye

Ranger lose 3 in a row, but played good enough to win last night against the mighty Blues. Such bad timing too as Isles are shitting the bed and Colombus whole team is injured. We miss Kreider real bad as he's great in front of the goal. Hopefully Igor gets back between the pipes soon.

I'm gonna say I think 4-5 more losses and that's all she wrote for the season. Tough road, but it can be done!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

These kinds of moves are what made Mitch Marner my favourite Leafs player back in 2016 when the rest of the city was too busy fawning over Austin Matthews to notice Marner.

The eons are closing
    Klonker - I still think CBJ is in bad shape (though now not more than Isles) because of games in hand for blueshirts et al.

Other than the Gritties, the top of the Metro is generally poopin the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Of course, last year we passed the 30th anniversary of the Clint Malarchuk injury, literally the worst injury I've ever seen in sports.

The nastiest injury I have ever seen. No I didn't need to watch the clip. Like the Joe Theismann injury, this really stays with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Don't forget Richard Zednick...that one was just as horrific.

Glad to see Boychuck ok and no damage to the eye

Ranger lose 3 in a row, but played good enough to win last night against the mighty Blues. Such bad timing too as Isles are shitting the bed and Colombus whole team is injured. We miss Kreider real bad as he's great in front of the goal. Hopefully Igor gets back between the pipes soon.

I'm gonna say I think 4-5 more losses and that's all she wrote for the season. Tough road, but it can be done!
    I forgot about Zednick, until I looked it up. Damn that was scary. No need to eat lunch now. Seriously.

I have no idea how Boychuk's face wasn't split in two. The skate is under the face shield, cut his eyelid but he will eventually be ok. Horse shoe, lucky star, clean living or the man upstairs, some thing or some body was looking after him.

Besides The Flyers, nobody wants the Metro. Rare for a division to collapse at the same time

Boy does the Caps defense ever suck.
    Last edited by Shadow; 03-06-2020 at 08:24 AM.

The eons are closing
    Whelp...

I am gonna take Tangram's advice and stop watching Isles until/unless they make playoffs. Cant possibly be worse than right now! LOL

Going to try and figure out the odds of 5 teams in Metro tying for 3 playoff spots ( from #3 seed in Metro thru 2nd WC)

Also time to pick a Western Conference team to root for this year.

Winnipeg sucks. Not happy about last nights outcome. Not a good way to start off a road trip.

This road trip to end the season is make or break. If we can make it through this without losing ground for the playoffs we will be ok but I'd rather them gain some ground in the seedings.

Ain't a gonna be easy. Though the pickups of Martinez and Lehner are great and paying dividends before the playoffs. I want to say they have hit their stride but these last few games, most on the road, will tell the tale and most are against teams fighting for position or just to get in the playoffs.

The absence of Stone is huge and is totally sucking. Dammit, get healthy dude!
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Caps finally played some defense today.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I just looked at the league standings, which I haven't done in a while. What the hell is going on in Detroit???
    Unfortunately, we have taken a major slip back this year. Yzerman is basically starting over and there are a lot of good kids in the pipeline playing in Grand Rapids in the AHL (about 45 minutes from where I live). He is also trying to re-build through the draft. It will be interesting to see if coach Blashill survives. I am a fan of his as he is the former head coach of Western Michigan University here in Kalamazoo where I live. He turned that program around and made them into a national contender. He then moved to the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins and led them to a Calder Cup. I hope they keep him and give him another year or two to turn things around, but he has an already had 4 years and the team has gone down instead of up, so we’ll see what happens once the season is over.

Really cool interview with the other Hansen brother.

And, "I'm listening to the fucking song".

AND....Real cool old timey wimey hockey stories from Bob Costas.

Last edited by TheLoony; 03-07-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I shoulda waited for March instead of starting with the end of NFL regular season.....

- Thomas
    Lol. They are just inventing ways to lose now.

The eons are closing
    Loser Pointing the way into the playoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Loser Pointing the way into the playoffs....
    ...or not! By losing that point you are out now. Colombus and Carolina have those last spots with 81 pts. You guys have 80 and 78 for both us and Florida. It's going to be a nail-biting end of season!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Glad to see some of you still in the race. I haven't watched a complete Habs game in a month....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    Odds wise, the Isles are still in better shape than CBJ, but if wins don't arrive from those games in hand...whelp....

Have a 'home' game vs Hurricanes at Barclays in about 10 days or so and IIRC, CBJ is Isles last away game before ending season with a homestand.

One of our suppliers invited my team (three of us) to the Leafs/Nashville game on March 12. Aside from work, this particular supplier has also become a personal friend and I love my team members who are also all big Leafs fans. Free hockey with a group of guys I adore who are also Leafs fans. This will be a fun night!
    How about a little poll?

A) The NHL season will be suspended effective immediately and all games are cancelled.
    B) The NHL season will continue without fans in the building.
    C) The NHL season will continue as usual, except in cities where bans on public gatherings are in effect. All government bans will be respected.

Bottom line, am I going to tonight's game or not?

Step right up and place your bets. Betting closes as soon as the NHL makes an official announcement.

How about a little poll?

A) The NHL season will be suspended effective immediately and all games are cancelled.
    B) The NHL season will continue without fans in the building.
    C) The NHL season will continue as usual, except in cities where bans on public gatherings are in effect. All government bans will be respected.

Bottom line, am I going to tonight's game or not?

Step right up and place your bets. Betting closes as soon as the NHL makes an official announcement.
    They've got to be looking at what the NBA just did. I'm suspecting they'll go with A, with B a secondary possibility.

Bill

The NHL already told all teams to skip their morning skates, practices and meetings. I suspect that Option A is likely to be announced sometime before games start today. I am not expecting to be able to watch the Washington/Detroit game tonight. A second Utah Jazz player has been confirmed positive and 2 teams have been told to self quarantine.

Still no official word from the NHL, but the NLL (National Lacrosse League) has postpone the season until further notice.

https://www.nll.com/news/nll-stateme...march-12-2020/

The NHL has officially announced suspending all games starting today, for a minimum of 2 weeks, and has told teams to look at possibly having games as late as July.