Page 310 of 402 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I've had no problem with it (and I've used it for quite some time), though I do have AdBlock (free) installed.
    Hmm, thanks Brian. I do have Norton so maybe something's slipping through.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The eons are closing
    Uh oh, here comes the underperforming!

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...fs-new-captain
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Hey Yves! Yeah, really looking forward to what they can do this year. Huge potential but we'll see. I think something like 9 guys had career years last year so that will be hard to repeat, but some very positive things happening there!
    Don't know if you saw the game yesterday, but it was a barn burner. Playoff atmosphere and intensity in October. We lost in the shootout but I like the way they came back from an 0-2 deficit in the 2nd period. Both teams were just flying around out there! Do not sleep on the Canes. They are for real. Glad we grabbed a point.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Nice, but sloppy win for the Rangers in their home opener last night. 10 goals were scored so fun to watch, but not much D . Nice to have a legit sniper finally in Panarin.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Don't know if you saw the game yesterday, but it was a barn burner. Playoff atmosphere and intensity in October. We lost in the shootout but I like the way they came back from an 0-2 deficit in the 2nd period. Both teams were just flying around out there! Do not sleep on the Canes. They are for real. Glad we grabbed a point.
    I missed the game because I was playing in my own game but caught the highlights. It's going to be a tough conference for sure. Tonight should be "interesting"
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

We have a local hockey bar here in Kalamazoo owned by Lou Nisker who used to play for our local Kalamazoo Wings (IHL at the time, today ECHL) and made it to the NHL for a short period of time. Anyway, they had a party tonight for the Red Wings opening game. I went and it was a blast. It is always fun going to a bar where hockey is the main focus. On top of it the Red Wings beat Nashville. They continue their re-building and hopefully will be a playoff team this year.

So great to see VGK smoke SJ on opening night. Screw the Sharks and the horse they rode in on.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    So great to see VGK smoke SJ on opening night. Screw the Sharks and the horse they rode in on.
    I honestly long for someone to beat the piss out of Ryan Reaves. He needs to come down to earth from that cocky 'I am the biggest and baddest' pedestal he's on. Problem is...I don't think there's anyone that can do that right now

Crazy Habs/Leafs game on Saturday! Unfortunately, I fell asleep! I have a part-time job on Saturdays, at the craft beer store, and I just put in an 8-hour shift of non-stop climbing stairs to re-stock beer fridges and dealing with client after client. I got home at 7:30PM and fell asleep on the couch 2 hours later! Looks like the Leafs figured is was won at 4-1 in the third and let the Habs get right back into it... I'll take the 2 points but Habs giving up too many goals in the first 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Crazy Habs/Leafs game on Saturday! Unfortunately, I fell asleep! I have a part-time job on Saturdays, at the craft beer store, and I just put in an 8-hour shift of non-stop climbing stairs to re-stock beer fridges and dealing with client after client. I got home at 7:30PM and fell asleep on the couch 2 hours later! Looks like the Leafs figured is was won at 4-1 in the third and let the Habs get right back into it... I'll take the 2 points but Habs giving up too many goals in the first 2 games.
    Price was your saviour in OT. Tavares got two sweet breakaways and Price stopped them both. Either one of those breakaways should have ended the game.

Saw that on the news the next morning...Came up big when he had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I honestly long for someone to beat the piss out of Ryan Reaves. He needs to come down to earth from that cocky 'I am the biggest and baddest' pedestal he's on. Problem is...I don't think there's anyone that can do that right now
    He's the type of player that everyone hates unless he plays for their team.
    For me that player is Zdeno Chara. Can't stand the dude. VGK plays Boston tonight so maybe Reaves can take him out.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The eons are closing
    As an Isle fan, I miss Chara. We had Martinek and Chara at the same time (e.g. Giant Defensemen Era) and the Isles bet on Martinek.

I would blame it on Milbury but it might not be his fault...... technically.

Then again, I would say anything this Century upto and including JT leaving is Millbury's fault [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji1787]

3rd OT game in a row to begin the season. Habs taking too many penalties and giving up too many goals... Looking forward to an old school 2-1 win...

I'll just say this...and it's rare that I'm inclined to say something even remotely close to this...

Thank you Calgary Flames!

Green Day's new NHL anthem debuted on Wednesday night.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...z6Wpy4SOcqOMzM

I have to say that, as a Leafs fan, and with Hockey and Music being two of my favourite things, I like that shot of Austin Mathews playing guitar on his hockey stick at 0:16.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I'll just say this...and it's rare that I'm inclined to say something even remotely close to this...

Thank you Calgary Flames!
    Neal is on fire for sure. Good fit for that line it seems! Let's hope the streak ends tomorrow afternoon as I will be there for my first game of the season

Some of the traditional bottom feeders are off to impressive starts (Oilers and Sabres I’m looking at you). Carolina looks great, Colorado very good - perhaps not unexpected after last year’s playoffs.

Was happy to see my Bolts play like the Bolts vs. Toronto after an indifferent start. Brayden Point might end up in MVP consideration this year.

Carolina looks as good as they did in the playoffs last year vs the Isles. Stronger, faster and hungrier. Isles haven't looked too good yet. Smothered today, didn't show for the previous game. At least I was at the only game they won

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    As an Isle fan, I miss Chara. We had Martinek and Chara at the same time (e.g. Giant Defensemen Era) and the Isles bet on Martinek.

I would blame it on Milbury but it might not be his fault...... technically.

Then again, I would say anything this Century upto and including JT leaving is Millbury's fault [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji1787]
    Went back and was shocked that Martinek played all but 1 yr (7 games) in a 12 year career with the Isles. Always injured.

And yes everything is Milbury's fault. When it wasn't, it was the Ranger plant Maloney sent to destroy the Isles from within. Some of the moves those two made could have been made by a monkey. And not even a smart one. Like how many top picks wasted on a goalie? I imagine that their hands were tied and most of the problem was ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    When it wasn't, it was the Ranger plant Maloney sent to destroy the Isles from within.
    you Isles fans and your conspiracy theories. He is quoted as cringing looking back at trading Turgeon for Mueller and Schneider. Also shaking his head at the Hextall move. Just a young, green GM at the time. Milbury...wow, he sucked

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-...-transactions/

The eons are closing
    I should have taken my own shoe and beaten him with it.

Brett Pesce and Jakob Slavin are probably among the top 10 defensemen in the NHL right now. Certainly the most underrated.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. I know there's not much west coast talk on here, so that is probably why. Well that and the fact that my team used to be good and now is horrible. I speak of the Kings of course. Picking up where they left off last year. And this will probably be the last time I post about them. The one glaring early observation, Jonathan Quick is done. They should trade him or just make him the back up now. In three games he's allowed 19 goals and has a ridiculous save % of .793! Another long season for Kings fans.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. I know there's not much west coast talk on here, so that is probably why.
    If there isn't much west coast talk it's only because west coast fans are not posting. We all tend to post about our teams and/or rivals, and it's primarily an east thing. I rarely see west coast games because they start at 10:00PM over here, and I'm in bed. But please post away...

Habs finally put a whole game together on Saturday. Big test against the Bolts tonight...