Page 30 of 402 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Somewhere, Bobby Clarke is rubbing his hands together and grinning.
    Wayne Gretzky was on a local sports radio show Thursday. He offered plenty of congratulations for the Blackhawks, he said any player or any team getting into the NHL record books is a good thing for hockey. If you play the game, you know how difficult it is to be the best. He had no interest in comparing teams over era's. He did state he personally has no recollection of how many President's Trophies were won by his Oilers teams for coming in first place. He knows there were a lot of them. But he knows exactly how many Stanley Cup championship teams he was on.

Tonight - Cedrick Desjardins in goal for the Lightning ! It's his 3rd NHL game, I hope it's his 3rd win too !

Plook !

Habs take another 4 pts in FLA over the weekend. They played 6 games in 9 days and amassed 9 pts. I'm beginning to think that they are for real. Last year they couldn't BUY a goal and this year they average over 3 per game.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

They made the guy in the Florida net look like an amateur. He was either super-nervous or it's a bad case of the Peter Principle.

Markstrom is supposed to be a future star in net, but who knows. Yeah, maybe it's nerves, but Florida's D is awful.

Rangers playing solid hockey lately. Finally seem to be rolling 4 lines. Staal is rumored to be out 2-3 weeks? This is fantastic news considering what could have been.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

There is a lot of ink being spilled about the potential eye injury that Mark Staal suffered. A lot of columnists are raising the idea of making visors mandatory (again). On a related note, in 2 consecutive games, an Ottawa player received 19 minutes in penalties for instigating a fight while wearing a visor. Both were in the category of standing up for a fallen teammate rather than the staged or goon type of fight (obviously - goons don't wear visors). I don't remember ever hearing of this penalty before, so I take it that it's new this year.

No that's actually been around for a few years believe it or not. It's a silly rule, but it's a rule. In our game a few nights ago I remember when it happened to Phillips when he went after Haley. I remember being like, "What the hell?" Hockey is so fast paced that in a situation like that where a player quickly comes to a teammates aid, who the hell is going to think to take their helmet off?

Nice try by Ottawa's Daugavin...

That would have been really cool if he scored.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    There is a lot of ink being spilled about the potential eye injury that Mark Staal suffered
    Ironically, Jordan got high-sticked very close to his eye tonight against Washington. He was dazed for a few moments but was back out a few shifts later. Could easily have been a lot worse.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Dear Maple Leafs fans,
    Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout the 2012/13 NHL Lockout. Your devotion to Leafs Nation means everything to us here at Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. To thank you for your everlasting allegiance we are raising ticket prices for the 2013/14 season by 2.5%.

Yours truly,
    MLSE

Gotta fond a move of division for the Winnipeg Jets (maybe with Nashville), coz that looks stupid and is probably not going to help the team financially (no vicinity "derbies" to boost attendance, long trip expenses, tired players)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Habs take another 4 pts in FLA over the weekend. They played 6 games in 9 days and amassed 9 pts. I'm beginning to think that they are for real. Last year they couldn't BUY a goal and this year they average over 3 per game.
    Fuck, I've been following this with pure joy, too...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Dear Maple Leafs fans,
    Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout the 2012/13 NHL Lockout. Your devotion to Leafs Nation means everything to us here at Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. To thank you for your everlasting allegiance we are raising ticket prices for the 2013/14 season by 2.5%.

Yours truly,
    MLSE
    Well, at least they've got a winning standing (so far).... which is rare enough to celebrate
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Gotta fond a move of division for the Winnipeg Jets (maybe with Nashville), coz that looks stupid and is probably not going to help the team financially (no vicinity "derbies" to boost attendance, long trip expenses, tired players)
    Hasn't a realignment plan been ratified? Detroit and Columbus are moving to the Eastern Conference.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ I thought it was just purposed. Has it been ratified already?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The eons are closing
    NHLPA signed off; only thing left is rubber stamp from NHL Board of Governors.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Yeah it's pretty much a done deal.

Holy let down against the lowly Sabres last night...

The eons are closing
    That was one of your "games in hand" vs the Jets, Isles and Phlyers. You needed pts in that one.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    NHL.com misleading me...if only we got hockey coverage around here.

But thanks. Good to know.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Dear Maple Leafs fans,

Yours truly,
    MLSE
    Ranger tickets going up 4% for 2013/2014 this comes after a 9.5% increase this year. I guess the Dolans needed to recoup the money they spent to refurbish MSG

Yeah Vinny, I was just reading about that. Crazy. Nothing like goin to MSG for games, but I think that's the end for me. Unless of course tickets pop up. Besides, hockey was made for widescreen TV and home theater! I'll be just as happy at home watching with friends.

I think I'm gonna be sick...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Flyers. Just what the struggling Devils needed.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The eons are closing
    Rubber stamp received.
    Here's a breakdown of how the playoffs work and how schedule is formed.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

"Barring, you know, any potential relocations. Like, say, if one team was playing a desert and couldn’t find an owner".

Hehehe. I love the Puck Daddy writers.