Page 301 of 403 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

What a finish!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

That was one for the ages. SJ-LV was the series I was least interested or invested in but that third period will become the stuff of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I can't believe what I'm watching here in this Shark/Knight game...holy shit!
    VGK got robbed. I just can't see it, a 5 minute major. I try to but I just can't.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    VGK got robbed. I just can't see it, a 5 minute major. I try to but I just can't.
    Yeah, not a good call, but those happen and championship teams figure out a way to deal with it--and Vegas was anything BUT 'robbed' in this situation.

If Vegas did ANYTHING on the PK in those five minutes...say giving up only two instead of four PPG...they'd be in the second round. If they hadn't blown a 3-1 series lead, they'd be in the second round. Hard for me to see a team that blew opportunities the way they did as being 'robbed' by one questionable call.

I gave up on SJ after two periods and started watching House. I must have nodded off and turned it back on with a little over five minutes left and said WTF happened. I'm gonna have to watch the third period when they run it again sometime today.
    Last edited by Shadow; 04-24-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Yeah it was a bad call, should have been just a 2 min. penalty, but so what? Like Brian said, those are the breaks with officiating. You don't give up 4 goals on a 5min major! I still can't believe that happened! Let's not forget despite all that, Vegas still tied it up in the closing minute to bring it to OT. OT was outstanding and to top it off, a player who was barely on the ice nails the game winner...hockey playoffs baby!

Wow what a game that was.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    GO BRUINS!!
    Congrats on the win. Good luck in the next round.

So the four goals during a single five-minute major has happened one other time in the playoffs, on April 27th, 1998...

https://www.hockey-reference.com/box...804270LAK.html

...also known as the game where Sean O'Donnell lost his shit after Geoff Courtnall slammed into Jamie Storr.

The hit & retaliation, resulting in O'Donnell receiving 15 total PIM, including a major and a game misconduct...

...and the resulting PP where the Blues scored four goals within about the last 3:30 of the man advantage...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Congrats on the win. Good luck in the next round.
    Agreed. Good luck.

So going into the 2nd round, just as we predicted, Boston and San Jose are the top seeds remaining in their respective conferences.

Now that the Caps are out I am officially stepping off of the Islander bandwagon...and I need a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    So going into the 2nd round, just as we predicted, Boston and San Jose are the top seeds remaining in their respective conferences.
    :-))

If anyone went to Vegas with all of the 1st round winners, they would be on their own private island right about now

Now that the Caps are out I am officially stepping off of the Islander bandwagon...and I need a shower.
    You can always jump back on!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    All this madness is why playoff hockey is the best.

but god I hope it's not a boston/isles final in the east.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I stopped watching after the first overtime. When they stopped calling penalties it just became bullshit. They pulled this shit in the past against the Capitals.

^ It was the only way they could stop them from repeating. Repeating is boring!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The refs swallow their whistles for all teams in OT, its a known phenomena, its not just the Caps.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    The refs swallow their whistles for all teams in OT, its a known phenomena, its not just the Caps.
    Oh no. It's a well known fact that the only way to beat a team from the Baltimore/Washington area is to have referee interference or a rigged election.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Oh no. It's a well known fact that the only way to beat a team from the Baltimore/Washington area is to have referee interference or a rigged election.
    Or turn the lights off.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

...not to mention they had a power play in OT

Fresh meat! Is this a changing of the guard in the NHL? Just need the Bruins to fall by the wayside now...

People talk about the Leafs not having won a Cup since '67 but the Blues have not either. They were part of that original expansion and made the Finals in their first year due to the league's alignment that year. They have never hoisted Stanley. I believe they are the only franchise from that expansion to never win the Cup. Just putting that out there for no particular reason...

With no Canadian cities in the race not sure where I am leaning. I like a good underdog though. Right now the biggest dog is CBJ. Add to that the fact that they are playing Boston and they're who I am rooting for...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I don't like the Bruins, but there's a small part of me that wants to see them win because then I can say, "See? It's not just the Leafs...nobody can beat Boston!"

Like Yves said, with no Canadian teams left, I don't really have a favourite at this point. I don't want to see the Islanders win because of the fans' behavior towards Tavares. Other than that, I'll just sit back and hope to watch some good hockey.

Lacrosse playoffs start the first weekend in May. GO ROCK GO!

Did anybody notice Ovi's pre-game psych-up? He looked like a WWE wrestler working himself into a lather. I don't mean warming up, I'm talking getting his headspace into berserker land. It was a little bizarre.

...not to mention they had a power play in OT
    Exactly...

The NHL apologized for the major fuck up in the Vegas/San Jose game. Big deal.