Page 29 of 402 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Wow, I didn't realize that Hamerlik got picked up so soon after Tampa punted him.

Yeah, with Staal out I guess something had to be done. I was never a big fan of Hamerlik, but he is a serviceable vet so we'll see. He did have a great series against us last year with Washington.

No Richards either because of that hit by Kaleta. I can't wait to see that clown get what's coming.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Carolina leads their sorry ass division; so they get one of the top 3 seeds
    So the top team in each division automatically get the top three seeds and then the rest follow in order of points? Is that how it works?

The eons are closing
    When Grabner leaves the Likker floundering in his wake; I will pour some out for my homey Klonker!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Yes it is.
    So the 6th seed will likely have the easiest way into the next round (per Yves' post)

ALSO:
    Be aware that the 1st tiebreaker is Regulation + OT wins. ShootOut wins DO NOT COUNT in that tiebreak.
    So not only is the ShootOut useless; its doubly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    So the top team in each division automatically get the top three seeds and then the rest follow in order of points? Is that how it works?

Montreal is going to have a massive slide and barely squeak in the 8th slot. Pillow puncher, Prust will start to feel the effects of having to take on every heavy in the east and teams will start to run over them as usual. Then they will get slaughtered by Boston in the first round. Book it!

The eons are closing
    Are you touting that as a "5-star Power Lock"? What's the 900 number for those picks?

Toronto and Isles will also wind up meeting in the playoffs where there will be a big brawl between Cairns/Corson and Tucker/Bates.

The eons are closing
    LOL

It would be great to meet the Buds in the playoffs and put them out of their misery.
    I will be leading the "Darcy Sux" chants!

My wife still cannot believe that Peca eventually signed with Toronto and played on the same line as Tucker

I've watched some of the 'Canes games lately, and they're not playing bad (won four in a row, in fact). They started out shitty but could finish strong--sort of like how the Devils started out strong and HOLY SHIT DO THEY FUCKIN' SUCK RIGHT NOW!!! ARRGGGGH!. (Sorry 'bout that . . . )
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Yes it is.
    So the 6th seed will likely have the easiest way into the next round (per Yves' post)

ALSO:
    Be aware that the 1st tiebreaker is Regulation + OT wins. ShootOut wins DO NOT COUNT in that tiebreak.
    So not only is the ShootOut useless; its doubly useless.
    I get it now. Thanks!

But I think it's stupid.

Damn. The Flyers just aren't good enough this year.

They've never gotten over losing Pronger. Weber would have been nice, but the idiots that run Nashville ruined that.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    Going to the Blackhawks game tonight, 17 rows off the ice! I also went on Feb.19, 2013 in a client's skybox! What a great time. Let the streak continue! Matt
    It don't count if you don't provide us a report ! Speaking of seats, in 2010 I had the good fortune to sit in the second row of a few games, courtesy of the boss. Not to sound ungrateful, but being two rows off the ice, you could not hear the swoosh of the skates hitting the ice, nor could you hear the slap of the puck against the stick. The glass was one giant barrier to hearing the sounds on the ice. Also, the conversations of people behind you would bounce off the glass and back at you. The ideal seats are 8 rows or back, above the glass. And similar to baseball games or rock concerts, once you sit in prime lower-level seats, you never want to go back to the upper levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Not to sound ungrateful, but being two rows off the ice, you could not hear the swoosh of the skates hitting the ice, nor could you hear the slap of the puck against the stick. The glass was one giant barrier to hearing the sounds on the ice. Also, the conversations of people behind you would bounce off the glass and back at you. The ideal seats are 8 rows or back, above the glass. And similar to baseball games or rock concerts, once you sit in prime lower-level seats, you never want to go back to the upper levels.
    Having never sat that close, I never considered that. The sounds of the game are one of the best parts of the experience, I've always thought.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    F**k....f**kity f**k f**k
    So I did pour one out when Grabner scored....
    And then when he took the penalty in OT to lose the game, I threw the empty bottle!

Edit: The Islanders dropped to 0-10-1 when they score fewer than three goals.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 03-08-2013 at 10:43 AM.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Having never sat that close, I never considered that. The sounds of the game are one of the best parts of the experience, I've always thought.
    The first time the wife (then girlfriend) and I went to an Isles game together; we had seats right behind the vistors bench, in this case the Red Wings (circa 2001). Since it was Nassau and empty the sounds of the game were not muffled. As such, with a couple of beers in me I 'hassled' Scotty Bowman mercilessly (no vulgarity) for the whole game until mid 3rd period as I was rattling the glass behind the bench; he turned around and came right up to the glass but did not say a word.

I stopped hassling him for the last 5 minutes .

Good times...and she married me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    As well as the roar of the crowd like last night after goals by Nash and Gaborik I was really enjoying those sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Montreal is going to have a massive slide and barely squeak in the 8th slot. Pillow puncher, Prust will start to feel the effects of having to take on every heavy in the east and teams will start to run over them as usual. Then they will get slaughtered by Boston in the first round. Book it!

Yes.. you were in one of those moods....

Habs will finish 2nd in the division, thus 4th overall, as every team in the division but Buffalo gets into the playoffs! Their opening round opponent will be the 5th place Leafs! They will lose in 7 because neither team can beat the other on its home ice!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The last Blackhawks game I went to was in Jan2012, and Magog came with. They beat Buffalo, and it was their last win before losing 9 in row !
    And the guy sitting right in front of us hears Magog mention Gentle Giant to my other buddy, he turns around and Magog and him start chatting about progressive music. He was a music promoter, so Magog and the guy in front of us hit it off real well. But both Matt and the guy missed the Blackhawks' first goal, because they were yapping about music. And I quote Matt here, he said "Ken, meeting a new progressive music guy is more important than watching the Blackhawks score a goal".

The 'Hawks finally go down.

On another note, Ottawa wins again at MSG. incredible...
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

I just read their record - 12-1-1 in the past 14 REGULAR SEASON games at MSG. (Gotta work on that playoff record.)

Every time they win is a pleasant surprise to me given how inexperienced the bulk of the team is at the NHL level. It's a real battle to be playing without their top forward, defenseman and goalie but, this is going to make them better players faster at this level.

On a related note, I read that Jason Spezza is ahead of schedule in recovering from back surgery and has started skating. Optimistically, he'll be back by the end of the month. Good news for Sens fans.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I just read their record - 12-1-1 in the past 14 REGULAR SEASON games at MSG. (Gotta work on that playoff record.)

Every time they win is a pleasant surprise to me given how inexperienced the bulk of the team is at the NHL level. It's a real battle to be playing without their top forward, defenseman and goalie but, this is going to make them better players faster at this level.

They announced that very surprising statistic before the game last night. I have to say the Sens played a very strong game for all three periods. On the other hand the Rangers just died in the second half of that 3rd period. It was a very fast paced game lots of end to end action. Not sure if if the out come was due to a fatigued Ranger team or the Sens being better conditioned but it was all Ottawa in the last 10 minutes.
    They may be inexperienced but there playing with a lot of confidence and finesse at least at MSG anyway.

Man, why don't any of you watch NLL Lacrosse? I need a good lacrosse discussion group. Last night's game between Toronto and Colorado (first place vs. last place in the league) was fantastic! Lots of interesting plays.

Somewhere, Bobby Clarke is rubbing his hands together and grinning.