Page 291 of 403 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I think Kucherov gets the Art Ross although Kane and McDavid are right there.

Tough loss for your Habs last night, Yves. It aint over though! You will be on team Klonk on April 5th...a game I will be at as well
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

No, it ain't over, but you saw the effort (or lack thereof) last night. They need to bounce back in Winnipeg or forget it. I think it will be decided (for the Habs at least) before April 5th.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Ovi has another 50 goal season. How the 51st went in I couldn't even tell. Just one season behind the leaders.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Ovechkin has the best slapper off the pass that I have ever seen.

The Caps and the Bruins look like the biggest road blocks for the Bolts. And no, it’s the not freakin’ Tom Wilson effect, it’s Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie, and Kuznetsov.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    The Caps and the Bruins look like the biggest road blocks for the Bolts. And no, it’s the not freakin’ Tom Wilson effect, it’s Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie, and Kuznetsov.
    Well we found out last night that Erik Cernack is not the answer to the Tom Wilson effect

So...I'm definitely on the Bolts Bandwagon now. Not just because of all the ex-Rangers, but moreso because we get another 1st round pick if they win the cup...so Let's Go Bolts! In the West I have to root for Dallas at least for the 1st two rounds because if they make it to round 3 the 2nd rounder we got for Zucc turns into another 1st. So Let's Go Stars! Pretty easy to root for the lil guy though

Bring on the playoffs!

This final stretch is going to be a tough one for the Leafs. Only 4 pts ahead of Carolina, and 5 ahead of Columbus and Montreal. Our last four games are Islanders, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and the Habs. This would be a really bad time for a losing streak!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Well we found out last night that Erik Cernack is not the answer to the Tom Wilson effect
    Good to have you on board!

To be honest, Tom Wilson isn't even a question. It's not like he was running our guys all over the ice or scaring Bolts out of the corners. Sure, when an opponent starts hammering your guys and owning the ice you probably have to answer the bell at some point but neither in the game the other day nor in the ECF last year was Wilson running roughshod over any of the Bolts. He actually was most effective as a complementary winger, not as a bulldozer or guard dog.

Some Bolts fans thought Cernak might be able to go toe-to-toe with him but, although Cernak started out ok, its the final shot that counts. No biggie - Wilson can get hit and hurt in the run of the play if he has his head down and can be goaded into penalties. No need to trade fists with him.

BTW- We're more concerned about Hedman right now. Girardi is still out and Stralman MAY be ready after a long layoff. Our D is at Boston-levels injury-wise.
    Last edited by Teddy Vengeance; 04-01-2019 at 03:02 AM.

The eons are closing
    Having locked the 1 seed in the playoffs, should the Flames rest peeps? Three games left, next two on road including a TV game for NBC then finish at home vs EDM. NBC is wed night and final home game is Saturday.

I think that first road game vs LA, third and fourth lines should see more ice time than normal but given days off btwn game 81 and 82, perhaps really no need at all?
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Having locked the 1 seed in the playoffs, should the Flames rest peeps? Three games left, next two on road including a TV game for NBC then finish at home vs EDM. NBC is wed night and final home game is Saturday.

I think that first road game vs LA, third and fourth lines should see more ice time than normal but given days off btwn game 81 and 82, perhaps really no need at all?
    Wow bud, you really are jumpin on the Flames bandwagon! I always liked them too though (sorry Brian ). I think your Islanders will have a hard time getting more than one round if I'm being honest (no bias!) and that's even if they can by the 1st round. Bad time for the injury bug! But hey...who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    BTW- We're more concerned about Hedman right now. Girardi is still out and Stralman MAY be ready after a long layoff. Our D is at Boston-levels injury-wise.
    Hedman is out?? That hurts. Girardi and Stralman too? Girardi's glory days are long behind him, but he was always a playoff beast...as was Stralman when they were here in NY. Hope they get healthy!

Hedman is out?? That hurts. Girardi and Stralman too? Girardi's glory days are long behind him, but he was always a playoff beast...as was Stralman when they were here in NY. Hope they get healthy!
    Hedman left early in the Washington game with an undisclosed upper-body injury, possible concussion protocol. We finished that game with only 4 D, including an AHL call-up.

I think they might be playing to avoid injuries in the final three games but, of course, that’s precisely when they happen.

I'm looking forward to the Leafs clinching their playoff spot against the Islanders tonight.

The eons are closing
    Wow bud, you really are jumpin on the Flames bandwagon! [emoji38] I always liked them too though (sorry Brian [emoji38]). I think your Islanders will have a hard time getting more than one round if I'm being honest (no bias!) and that's even if they can by the 1st round. Bad time for the injury bug! But hey...who knows!
    Like I inferred, I burned alot of brain cells in 89 rooting for Flames X-)

The Cindys (and Isles truth be told) can drop into WC land.

While no team stinks, Crosby is so transcendent in his play, that i would prefer the Isles play just about any other Eastern team in round 1 especially given how new to the playoffs the Isles are.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Leafs clinching their playoff spot against the Islanders tonight.
    I too look forward to celebrating clinching a spot before the Leafs with a victory tonight and playing a snall but vital role in the impending Leaf collapse out of the playoffs.

[emoji16][emoji106]

The Isles are playing to overtake first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Easier to do if you're not in the Atlantic Division with Tampa. How'd that work out for you?

Easier to do if you're not in the Atlantic Division with Tampa. How'd that work out for you?
    Both the Isles and Caps lost so nothing changed.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    While true, that is not trashy enough for my talks with Esther [emoji3]

Whelp, Tavares is in...

Congrats Esther!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    While true, that is not trashy enough for my talks with Esther [emoji3]

Whelp, Tavares is in...

Congrats Esther!
    LOL! Leafs fans have thick skins. We have to.

And while I'm not necessarily expecting the team to go far in the playoffs, we've come a long way from finishing in the basement a few years ago. This entire season, we were never out of a playoff spot. Not once. There's a lot to be said for being slow and steady. This may not be our year, but each year I see the team improve and get closer to the prize.

^ The times I've seen them, they struck me as a very talented team, but lacking in the mental and physical toughness necessary to win the Cup.

I think your Islanders will have a hard time getting more than one round if I'm being honest (no bias!) and that's even if they can by the 1st round. Bad time for the injury bug! But hey...who knows!

Not looking for my guys to raise the Cup at Barclays, would like to see them make it to the second round. Just don't have the firepower to go further unless a goalie stands on his head. Like John Davidson 1979, I'm sure you know this well!
    Last edited by Tangram; 04-02-2019 at 01:42 AM.

3 more games... Even if the Habs found a way to run the table, they will be on the outside looking in, barring a complete collapse by the Jackets or Canes.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Not looking for my guys to raise the Cup at Barclays, would like to see them make it to the second round. Just don't have the firepower to go further unless a goalie stands on his head. Like John Davidson 1979, I'm sure you know this well!
    You never know what will happen in the playoffs! As far as JD, he was on his way out when I jumped into hockey. My memories of him are as an announcer with Sam. I've certainly read about his '79 heroics though! For me the earliest goalie memories are of Steve Weeks, Glen Hanlon and John VanBiesbrook.