Page 289 of 402 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Isles shot their load on the Tavares game (sorry for the poor visual) and now seem a little lackluster.

Loss to Caps was first loss on the 2nd game of a back2back, and then losing badly to the Gritties....not a good look.

As the calendar has turned to March, its now time for me to pick my Western Conference team to follow for the playoffs...research commencing! lol
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Isles shot their load on the Tavares game (sorry for the poor visual) and now seem a little lackluster.

Loss to Caps was first loss on the 2nd game of a back2back, and then losing badly to the Gritties....not a good look.

As the calendar has turned to March, its now time for me to pick my Western Conference team to follow for the playoffs...research commencing! lol
    Alrighty then ...I am going with Calgary.

They were the 1st WC team I rooted for back in 1989 to prevent an Oilers 3peat.

I loved that 89 team that I adopted it over the Isles in my college Sega hockey league.

So in honor of that 30th anniversary - I am choosing Calgary, so now is the time to catch up on this season's shenanigans and successes.

Looks like Caps and Isles could flip flop the division lead until last game of the year.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Alrighty then ...I am going with Calgary.

They were the 1st WC team I rooted for back in 1989 to prevent an Oilers 3peat.

I loved that 89 team that I adopted it over the Isles in my college Sega hockey league.

So in honor of that 30th anniversary - I am choosing Calgary, so now is the time to catch up on this season's shenanigans and successes.
    I may, MAY, possibly pull for the Isles unless they make it to cup finals. Then FUCK THAT!

I could get on board with Calgary too.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The Flyers seem to own the Mudsharks, for some reason. Some really nasty stuff in last night's laugher.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I saw that Voracek hit. 2 mins. nothing more. It's a penalty for sure because the puck wasn't there, but JB was coming in for hit and JV reveresed it...happens all the time. Of course Isles fans are all dialing 911...sorry Mud I'll be watching that next match-up for sure after JB threatens "I will get you"

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I saw that Voracek hit. 2 mins. nothing more. It's a penalty for sure because the puck wasn't there, but JB was coming in for hit and JV reveresed it...happens all the time. Of course Isles fans are all dialing 911...sorry Mud I'll be watching that next match-up for sure after JB threatens "I will get you"
    Nevermind the dirty hit that Boychuk put on Nolan Patrick last year.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    I have no f-ing clue why the Gritties seem to consistently crush the Isles in NY.

Friggin Cr@pitals and the Cindys are on a tear, each better than 8 of last 10; while Isles go sub 500 in same span. The probability of being the 7 or 8 seed has doubled while the Caps by virtue of their schedule and the tiebreaks now are over 50% to win division.

- T

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Looking like the playoffs will slip through the Habs fingers... Just not hot enough right now to keep up with the other teams vying for a Wild card spot....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    If standings ended today, Isles would avoid both Cindy's and Cr@pitals in round one.

As for the Flames, seems like their goaltending situation while improved over prior year has hit a recent rough patch.

If it ended today, the Habs would be 9th. Jackets keep winning whenever we do. Right now it's looking like a race between Habs, Jackets, with Flyers having an outside chance.

What a game in Pittsburgh tonight. Goaltending was off-the-hook on both sides. Shame about the winning team, though.

Bolts pull off the President's Trophy. Small 'yay'. We have a nice ending to the season: Bruins, Leafs, Caps twice. That should provide us with some energy and vigor to segue nicely into the post-season even if we don't need the points.

The eons are closing
    Agree that it's nice to have competition that's not phoning it in, but that kind of intensity with nothing on line for Bolts smells like untimely injury in the air.

Will they be dialing back ice time for key peeps?

I think we’ll be seeing the 4th and 3rd lines getting PP time. But they also want to make sure that Kuch wins the Art Ross.

Tis a good time to experiment too.

The eons are closing
    Matt Martin vs Z - how can you hit a guy you can't even reach.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdYRURJ-pE

Are we still in this? 1 point out of 8th, 3 points out of 7th, with 10 games left... The playoffs have begun...

I’d be happy to see the Bolts meet the Habs in the first round. Getting that huge Mtl fan based all worked up would give the round added spice.

Matt Martin vs Z - how can you hit a guy you can't even reach.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdYRURJ-pE
    I watched that last night. Props to Martin for going after the old Czech Sequoia, but man all those punches missing by 3 feet had me in tears

Did you happen to scoot over to the parade this past Sunday? It's always interesting to witness the apocalypse afterwards .
    Last edited by Klonk; 03-20-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Are we still in this? 1 point out of 8th, 3 points out of 7th, with 10 games left... The playoffs have begun...
    It's you or Colombus buddy! Philly out by 5pts, but they've sputtered a bit. Good luck...should be fun and nerve-racking!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    I’d be happy to see the Bolts meet the Habs in the first round. Getting that huge Mtl fan based all worked up would give the round added spice.

All the pressure is on your bolts this year! Obviously I'm on board with all the ex-Rangers.

It's you or Colombus buddy! Philly out by 5pts, but they've sputtered a bit. Good luck...should be fun and nerve-racking!
    'Canes may slip up but I agree. It boils down to 8th spot between Habs and Jackets. Columbus has the inside track right now. Regardless of the outcome, it was a surprisingly good season. I won't be too disappointed if we miss the playoffs. I never thought we'd get a whiff of them after last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    'Canes may slip up but I agree. It boils down to 8th spot between Habs and Jackets. Columbus has the inside track right now. Regardless of the outcome, it was a surprisingly good season. I won't be too disappointed if we miss the playoffs. I never thought we'd get a whiff of them after last season.
    I was going to mention Carolina, but they have something going there. Seems like a real tight team and may make a big splash. They just have to keep scoring a lot of goals.

The eons are closing
    [emoji38] I watched that last night. Props to Martin for going after the old Czech Sequoia, but man all those punches missing by 3 feet had me in tears [emoji38]

Did you happen to scoot over to the parade this past Sunday? It's always interesting to witness the apocalypse afterwards [emoji38].
    Did not get out to PR for that. Wife has always wanted to go....but I don't think she really understands the Epilogue scene.

Tonight Mudshark... may we get revenge for that heartbreaking loss last week. Isles are in the dance, why don't you start resting some guys...