Page 287 of 403 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    [emoji38] no you're post is safe because it isn't Islander related. But...
    LOLLOL

Death Taxes and Klonker
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Looks like Duschene is going to Colombus. Should be a busy weekend with moves...hopin Rangers can load up with high draft picks and maybe a good prospect or 2. Zuccarello, Hayes and McQuaid probably gone.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Hoping Isles land a good value rental that doesn't break the pick bank so to speak.

Someone like Chiasson from the Oilers. Solid year, good on PP, familiar with Trotz and a UFA at season end.

Had a great time at the Flyers/Penguins game last night. What a great event. It's a shame that the weather affected the hockey as much as it did, but at least the good guys won.

And Gritty is the greatest mascot in the history of sports.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    ^^I'm guessing you stayed for the whole game? My brother and his one son went and left sometime in the third period and missed the great comeback.
    Of course I stayed for the whole game!!!

I learned a long time ago that you don't leave until the last whistle/pitch/horn/etc.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Had a great time at the Flyers/Penguins game last night. What a great event. It's a shame that the weather affected the hockey as much as it did, but at least the good guys won.

And Gritty is the greatest mascot in the history of sports.
    Resembled the Caps/Rangers game yesterday.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Resembled the Caps/Rangers game yesterday.
    This was a fun game to watch. There was a lot of nastiness...loved it! Hated the outcome of course but it was a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    That's pretty cool for you as it was a great comeback...despite the Pens playing without their 2 best defensemen after that scrum

Poor Zucc...the little guy in his first game with Dallas, gets a goal, an assist and then a broken arm and is out for 4 weeks

I will really miss him here in NY though. Played his guts out all of the time. Best of luck to Frodo!

The moves are happening...Hayes is gone too and we're pilin up those high picks . Also get Brendan Lemieux ...who's father is easily my most hated player ever

That's pretty cool for you as it was a great comeback...despite the Pens playing without their 2 best defensemen after that scrum
    Old time hockey, yo

The eons are closing
    ....sigh.... Have to make do with what is already here...

Apparently Isles offered Stone an extension to agree to come to NYI but AAV was less than what Vegas was offering....so Vegas he went...

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    ....sigh.... Have to make do with what is already here...

Apparently Isles offered Stone an extension to agree to come to NYI but AAV was less than what Vegas was offering....so Vegas he went...
    Yeah I was pretty surprised nothing happened there. Are you looking forward to the Toronto game on the 28th? Is it circled on your calendar? Think Tavares will be booed out of the building? I know I'll be watching...and cheering for him

The Bolts stayed pat - smartly IMO. Nothing like shifting the chemistry when all gears are firing. The biggest threats now appear to be a much-improved (on paper at least) Columbus, a healthy and slightly upgraded Boston, and the Islanders, who've played us well this year. I suppose until we get by Washington I'd have to include them too. But it seems that every team now has us in their crosshairs.

The eons are closing
    Klonk - if you recall - (LOL thats funny) - the Maple Buds game was supposed to be at Barclay's but was switched back around Thanksgiving to Nassau.

I actually won't be watching the game as I cut cable and none of the streaming packages have msg (figures Dolan/optimum). So I listen on the radio now.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    The Bolts stayed pat - smartly IMO. Nothing like shifting the chemistry when all gears are firing. The biggest threats now appear to be a much-improved (on paper at least) Columbus, a healthy and slightly upgraded Boston, and the Islanders, who've played us well this year. I suppose until we get by Washington I'd have to include them too. But it seems that every team now has us in their crosshairs.
    Isles have had good games vs Bolts this year, however have been poop vs the Bs.

When you have the depth that Bolts have, who are you going to add to make a difference? And where would you find the minutes anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    CBJ made the biggest splash yesterday. You're right, on paper the look much-improved. Boston has arguably the best top line in the NHL, but other than that they are good...not great. I think the Isles will be the biggest playoff surprise...that is a good, and now well-coached team...damn it! TBL though...you guys should win the cup plain and simple. Top to bottom, the best in the NHL. That Kucherov shootout goal last night was gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I actually won't be watching the game as I cut cable and none of the streaming packages have msg (figures Dolan/optimum). So I listen on the radio now.

I want to shitcan cable too, but can't. MSG, HBO and local news has it's claws in me man!

The eons are closing
    I get local news HBO and most of what I want thru PS Vue subscription.

Only team I can't get is Isles.

However thinking of changing to Sling and getting OTA antenna.

Can't you guys side-load whatever box/stick you are using for streaming?

The eons are closing
    Yeah you can sideload to Amazon Fire TV stix but process is not super easy especially with the stick. The Fire TV stick is just a modified android device. However since their is no hard drive or proper USB port, the apk must be downloaded direct to stix from cloud or web URL

So unless you're going to pirate MSG in this instance, you still need the cable subscription to access MSG streams.

Well that begs the question as to what we were doing in a shootout versus LA at home in the first place...

But yeah, we’re in every team’s crosshairs right now and whoever we meet in the 1st round of the playoffs will be thinking they’ve got nothing to lose and will be relaxed. Meanwhile, we’ll be playing as if we have everything to lose... because we do.
    Last edited by Teddy Vengeance; 02-26-2019 at 09:34 PM.

I know I'll be watching...and cheering for him
    Me too!

The eons are closing
    Hah!

I don't think this was meant to be funny, but it is.

http://longisland.news12.com/story/40011194/dear-john

The eons are closing
    I don't even need to open it to know how awful it is....