Page 263 of 402 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

"Wee Willy Nylander"

Sweet goal!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Only positive from Isles Habs game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3y1r_Fau4
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Habs doing their best to make sure they are not eligible for the lottery cause heaven forbid they draft a talented forward!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    "Wee Willy Nylander"

Sweet goal!
    Joe Bowen, the BEST hockey caller alive imho. His long time side-kick Jim Ralph, is the best colour commentator as well. Fucking hilarious. I sometimes go out for a drive in the middle of a great game just to hear Joe and Jim call the play. I have been on the highway listening to Joe calling the game...laughing out loud, cheering him on....dude, in the old fighting days...you HAD to hear Bowen call a fight...the absolute best that ever lived...he'd be screaming while calling the fight, describing lefts rights, uppercuts...like it was the greatest gift God ever gave us LOL.

that's hilarious. Didn't even need to watch it.

Though I do have to say when it comes to calling fights, nobody does it as hilarious as Rick Jeannarette...

Ah, the good ol' days of hockey brawls!

S'up wit da fluorescent white Maple Leafs uni's?
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Yeah...a little more blue maybe next time

Rangers only 3 points out of a spot now Being such a huge fan I'll never want them to lose, but...more draft picks!! I jhave to say it's been a lot of fun since the makeover watching the kids show their stuff.

Ice camouflage so they could zip around the Caps unseen and score mega-goals.

It didn't work.

Closing in on the playoffs and no post here in three weeks? Are you guys still alive????

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Closing in on the playoffs and no post here in three weeks? Are you guys still alive????
    Nope. Signed, one Rangers fan.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Though I do have to say when it comes to calling fights, nobody does it as hilarious as Rick Jeannarette...

Living half hour from buffalo...jeannarette is LEGEND in these parts. He has his detractors cause Leafs sabres rivalry, but I always loved the guy, he's killer!

also, knowing how much you love my name dropping...his son taught mine at Niagara College (canada) in the radio/tv broadcasting program.

Nope. Signed, one Rangers fan.
    Nope. Signed, one Isles fan. Let's hope a Devil fan will sign here next!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Nope. Signed, one Isles fan. Let's hope a Devil fan will sign here next!
    absolutely! In fact, as a Ranger fan who by law has to hate the Isles and Devils, if forced to choose between the two it would be Isles all the way.

Regarding the Rangers, I have enjoyed watching these young kids play the last couple of weeks. The rebuild may be a shorter road (hopefully) than expected because there is some good talent there. Lots of high draft picks to play with...my fingers are crossed.

Good luck to all in the playoffs! I'll be watching...most likely gonna jump on Tampa Bay bandwagon for a while because of all the ex Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Living half hour from buffalo...jeannarette is LEGEND in these parts. He has his detractors cause Leafs sabres rivalry, but I always loved the guy, he's killer!

also, knowing how much you love my name dropping...his son taught mine at Niagara College (canada) in the radio/tv broadcasting program.
    you name droppin' bastard! Good luck in the dance buddy!

Good luck to all in the playoffs! I'll be watching...most likely gonna jump on Tampa Bay bandwagon for a while because of all the ex Rangers
    What a wonderful tribute to McDonagh, Miller and Girardi last night. But alas, even with that emotional knockout, they still beat us soundly; although we held strong through 2 periods.

I'm jumping on the Golden Knights bandwagon. Maybe it'll give me some luck next time I'm in Vegas!

The eons are closing
    With a season sweeping victory against the Blueshirts next week, I will be able to consider the season semi successful for the Isles.

Fire Garth
    Sign Tavares
    Find a goalie.

Simple.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

This was a pretty cool thing that happened in the Blackhawks game last night. Foster was the goalie for Western Michigan University here in Kalamazoo back in the early 00's. He still had his old WMU headgear which he wore in the Blackhawks game. http://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/03/...rt_river_index

Happened to catch the end of Canucks-Coyotes last night. What a Hollywood ending for the Sedin twins. Great sportsmanship as the two teams shook hands as if it were a playoff round ender. Hugs for the two brothers from everyone including both refs and linesmen. Twenty minute ovations as they both circled the ice one, then two, then a third last time after being named the co "3" top stars of the night. Wonderful moment. Hockey fans at their finest!

I was at this game. Totally epic.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bummer to find out we don't start playoffs till Thursday.
    I don't think Leaf management is worried about this, as the cliche is "you gotta beat the best at some point"...however, the playoff system is a joke. Leafs could be 3rd in the entire conference, and get stuck playing #2, and if they win, then #1. Seriously, it only makes sense in Bettman's brain.
    It's guaranteed that 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference will be gone after round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Bummer to find out we don't start playoffs till Thursday.
    I don't think Leaf management is worried about this, as the cliche is "you gotta beat the best at some point"...however, the playoff system is a joke. Leafs could be 3rd in the entire conference, and get stuck playing #2, and if they win, then #1. Seriously, it only makes sense in Bettman's brain.
    It's guaranteed that 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference will be gone after round 2.
    Couldn't agree more. What the hell was wrong with the old system where #1 plays #8, #2 plays #7, etc. Very simple, and rewards the top seeded teams for playing a stupidly long 82 game schedule and winning a lot of games. Playoff hockey is exciting enough, you don't need to artificially force these in-division match-ups in the first two rounds.

It's looking more like the Leafs will get the Bruins who are stumbling a bit with some pretty serious injury woes. B's have not fared well against the Leafs this year. Playoffs are different, but I was hoping to avoid them in the first round, I think the Leafs have our number this year.

Bill