Page 260 of 403 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Nash was asked for a 12 team list so changes are gonna be made soon. McDonagh is on trade block as well as Grabner. Hate to lose these guys, but they would certainly help a contender and ya gotta give to get.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Now that the Habs *should* be tanking, they start winning!
    Because Ottawa are better tankers!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Rumour has it that the LA Kings are interested in Dion Phaneuf. I think it would be a great move to let him go (although I suspect the Sens would be on the hook for some of his salary). In this case it would be a case of addition through subtraction. And hopefully, it would preclude them from also unloading Cody Ceci who has been getting a lot of interest. Other names being mentioned - Mike Hoffman, Zach Smith and JG Pageau are all potential trade targets.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Went to high school with Perry Ceci, Cody's dad.

You name-dropping bastard!

hahahahaha. He was a decent football player back then...but never imagined he'd eventually play pro. Pretty impressive, dad CFL, son NHL.

ohhhhh I can name drop nhl players till you puke buddy.

The eons are closing
    I name drop Lino all over NYC....doesn't get me into any clubs though....
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I yelled "Happy birthday, Lino!" in a bar once. Nobody turned around.

Rangers Real bummed, but this retooling has to be done. The team is falling apart quick. Gonna be busy around here before the 26th!

But hey...I'm still gonna cheer like a madman and pull for the kids! And we are still just a few games out of a spot....who the hell knows!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    [emoji38]

I yelled "Happy birthday, Lino!" in a bar once. Nobody turned around.

Rangers Real bummed, but this retooling has to be done. The team is falling apart quick. Gonna be busy around here before the 26th!
    I was in Pearl River today.... If I had heard you, I would have responded 'dilly dilly'.

Got hammered at the sushi place on Main St.
    Head sushi chef knew it was my bday and made his own Japanese version of an Irish Bomb - drop a shot of sake into a pint of Asahi!!

LOL
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Sens have traded Dion Phaneuf and Nate Thompson to LA Kings for Marion Gaborik and Nick Shore. So the gist of the trade with Toronto two years ago was to dump some bad contracts and washed up guys for two years service from Phaneuf who helped them get to within a goal of the Stanley Cup final last year. Ottawa is retaining 25% of his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I was in Pearl River today.... If I had heard you, I would have responded 'dilly dilly'.

Got hammered at the sushi place on Main St.
    Head sushi chef knew it was my bday and made his own Japanese version of an Irish Bomb - drop a shot of sake into a pint of Asahi!!

LOL
    I'm not much for sushi, but that place gets a lot of good reviews. Happy belated birthday! I heard a lot of "Snow must go!" chants last night. Here it's for AV's head.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Sens have traded Dion Phaneuf and Nate Thompson to LA Kings for Marion Gaborik and Nick Shore. So the gist of the trade with Toronto two years ago was to dump some bad contracts and washed up guys for two years service from Phaneuf who helped them get to within a goal of the Stanley Cup final last year. Ottawa is retaining 25% of his salary.

Good luck with Gaborik....the 2 weeks a year he's healthy, he's really good!

Rangers are next...McD and Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Good luck with Gaborik....the 2 weeks a year he's healthy, he's really good!

Rangers are next...McD and Nash
    would love to have either one, but the word around Toronto is that Lou isn't going to do much. Not quite there yet ...where they feel they can let youth/prospects go.
    I agree. Year 2-3 of a re-build. Stay patient. That being said...adding Nash and McD would put them square in the conversation afaic. It's tough decisions when they are playing so well... that's why we pay pros like Lou, Shanny and Hunter to make these calls. lol

Rumor has it that McD may be headed to Tampa. Nash heavy rumors are Toronto, Nashville, but yeah Lino, Rangers are asking for at least a 1st rounder and prospect for Nash. There is no doubt in my mind that Nash would be a great fit in Toronto. There is too much pressure on him here in NY with having to be our "superstar". He is an awesome defensive forward, great on PK and can be a bull around the net. Not the greatest hands, but will put in goals on a team loaded with talent like you got there.

I'm with you, Lino. The Leafs sort of made that move before the season started when they picked up Marleau. Not sure he's been that great throughout the season, but he sure started off well. The Leafs are not an elite team and realistically can't complete with the very best. But with another year of seasoning, they may be ready to be buyers in February 2019. Hey, Phaneuf may be available then.

Break up the Slovaks and Slovenes!!!

I have barely been watching any hockey. I think I have seen maybe 2 periods of the Habs last 4 games.... Time to blow it up...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I have barely been watching any hockey. I think I have seen maybe 2 periods of the Habs last 4 games.... Time to blow it up...
    I've caught most Oilers games since the break but really haven't been able to watch much in the way of hockey...

I see no point in watching the Habs right now. I'm not a die-hard...nor a masochist!

Nah man...I love the game and my team too much, no matter how frustrating, to abandon ship. Never happen. Right now, even though there's still a playoff chance, I'm watching with no expectations...I'm watching just to see these young hungry kids play their asses off.

The Oilers overachieved a bit last year (obviously) and are now on the opposite end of the spectrum, underachieving their way to a lottery spot. Biggest difference is heart and effort--tons of it last year, none this year. Poor play in net has been an issue but it doesn't explain everything. Guys like Klefbom, who contributed in a big way last year, haven't been a factor at all this season. McDavid's often just insane skill and the continued development of Nurse have been bright spots but that's just about it. Tough to watch, to be honest, but I still catch as many games as I can.

Not abandoning ship on the Habs, just this season. Got better things to do than watch a team just playing out the season. Besides, my girlfriend hates hockey, so now we're spending our Saturday nights together again...

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    The Oilers overachieved a bit last year (obviously) and are now on the opposite end of the spectrum, underachieving their way to a lottery spot. Biggest difference is heart and effort--tons of it last year, none this year. Poor play in net has been an issue but it doesn't explain everything. Guys like Klefbom, who contributed in a big way last year, haven't been a factor at all this season. McDavid's often just insane skill and the continued development of Nurse have been bright spots but that's just about it. Tough to watch, to be honest, but I still catch as many games as I can.
    /Oilers/s/Senators/