Page 259 of 402 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

So long as the Canadiens organization insists on a French-speaking coach, it will be the same sad parade of retreads. At this point, I'd like to see Patrick Roy get his chance. At least he'd light a fire under their asses!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    So long as the Canadiens organization insists on a French-speaking coach, it will be the same sad parade of retreads.
    That was exactly my point, this is exactly right.

At this point, I'd like to see Patrick Roy get his chance. At least he'd light a fire under their asses!
    Works for me. Good luck with that.

The eons are closing
    Today was a good day. X-)
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

No it wasn't!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    [emoji38]

Isles out shot 56-24, beat Habs in OT 5-4.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Habs better be sellers at the trade deadline. I'd like to see sweeping changes, beginning with a change in ownership

Ok, I told you guys I wasn't going to change my stripes and become a VGK fan just because they gave us a team.

BUT..........

The Habs are in disarray and have been for years. They have pretty much sucked for the 25 years I've been a hockey fan and fan of them. What I cannot understand is that they have been playing hockey there for only a hundred or so years and they stink, badly, but this team here of nobodys is second in the entire NHL in points and is currently beating the team ahead of them, in Tampa.

This team is supposed to suck. They are a brand new team, just put together, and they are killing it. And without Fleury, for the most part of the season. Crikey, they were down to a fourth string goalie, I believe.

I'm hoping to get tickets for Feb. 17 when the Habs come into town and wear my hat and jersey but it seems they can't get their shit together there and when a first year team is better than some revered team, with all those hall of famers and Stanley Cups and history, I may have to change my stripes.

The question still remains. WTF is going on here???????? It just doesn't compute.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The Habs suck because they're too tied into their past glories. Players come to Montreal and are overwhelmed with the pressure of playing here. Add to that the parade of retread coaches, hired because they speak French primarily, who all seem to deploy a system of playing not to lose; because they too feel the immense pressure. Stop the torch passing idolizing of what transpired in the 70s and focus on making this team fun to watch again. It's absolutely excruciating sitting through an entire Habs game these days. It's a franchise where promising young talent goes to be squashed. It's not that they don't draft quality players it's that these players are not utilized properly.

...and don't get me started on the whole "we can't compromise the future" bullshit they keep feeding us. The future is NOW! Make the moves you have to make! Having said this, I think both GM and coach and lame ducks right now, so I expect very little to be done as far as "A-list" player acquisitions go. Come the deadline, They'll probably just pick up some 4th liner for "future considerations" and that will be that.

Habs get the win in D.C. Nobody saw that coming.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I just have to say that I love that we've kept this thread going for so long. It just earned it's historical value.

I'm taking my last course for a college diploma. You may remember that I took a General Education course about the history of hockey a couple of years ago. Well, I'm taking another Gen Ed course this term called "Let's Talk Sports". I can't believe I'm getting a credit for this! Anyhow, I have to write a short essay on the best sports article I've ever read. I immediately thought of this article by John Scott. I searched the web and couldn't find it. Then it hit me! "It's buried somewhere in that hockey thread at PE". Sure enough, using the dates as my guide, I found it.

Thanks PE for letting us keep this thread going for so long and never archiving it! And thanks to Scott for posting this excellent article back in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I just have to say that I love that we've kept this thread going for so long. It just earned it's historical value.

I'm taking my last course for a college diploma. You may remember that I took a General Education course about the history of hockey a couple of years ago. Well, I'm taking another Gen Ed course this term called "Let's Talk Sports". I can't believe I'm getting a credit for this! Anyhow, I have to write a short essay on the best sports article I've ever read. I immediately thought of this article by John Scott. I searched the web and couldn't find it. Then it hit me! "It's buried somewhere in that hockey thread at PE". Sure enough, using the dates as my guide, I found it.

Thanks PE for letting us keep this thread going for so long and never archiving it! And thanks to Scott for posting this excellent article back in 2016.

Are you starting to see that Price is overrated? He never recovered from that collision with Kreider in the playoffs a couple of seasons ago. Habs need to pull a Belichik and unload a player the rest of the league still thinks "has it" before anybody catches on.

Tavares for Price! Make the trade!

Toronto boy Tavares would rather cut his balls off then play for a last place Habs team lol

And I believe Price can choose where he would go and I don't think the Isles figure on his list...

Habs will never trade Price anyway. He'll get hurt again, they'll call up Fucale and he'll take over. I think we're in for some sweeping changes in the off-season so let's see where we go from there...

I'd put Erik Karlsson in the same boat as Price. After watching the Sens lose again last night, I'm convinced EK isn't the same player he was before he had reconstructive surgery on his ankle last year. Everyone in the league thinks he's just having an off year like everyone else on the team, but I think he's lost a step and he hasn't wised up his game to compensate.

On a positive note, Melnyk received basic approval to proceed with building a new rink near the downtown core on the LRT line. Ottawa may keep the Sens after all.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

The eons are closing
    Fuck y'all.
    Tavares is staying right where he is. lol

However I will trade you two lousy goalies for one average goalie coz Isles ain't going far with Halak and Greiss as backstops.

I thought Tavares and the Isles were splittsville after this season...

In other news... I told you guys back in October that I saw the Theo Fleury one-man play? Well I'm finally getting around to reading the book and and I can't put it down! I was a big hockey fan in the mid/late 80s so I can remember most of the players and games he describes! That Flames team of his rookie season was stacked! They'd match up with some of the best all-time line-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Fuck y'all.
    Tavares is staying right where he is. lol

However I will trade you two lousy goalies for one average goalie coz Isles ain't going far with Halak and Greiss as backstops.
    And my boys aint goin' anywhere without a top line center (wink wink nudge nudge), solid stay at home crease clearin' D man and some grit. We will be tenderized in the playoffs. If we make it in!!!!

I thought Tavares and the Isles were splittsville after this season...

In other news... I told you guys back in October that I saw the Theo Fleury one-man play? Well I'm finally getting around to reading the book and and I can't put it down! I was a big hockey fan in the mid/late 80s so I can remember most of the players and games he describes! That Flames team of his rookie season was stacked! They'd match up with some of the best all-time line-ups!
    Great read!!

Cody fuckin' McLoed??!! <slaps forehead>

The Cup is ours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Continuing with our Isles coverage LOL

Best news in awhile:
    https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ark-1.15519161
    And now the league has given the ok for the Isles to play a dozen games at the Nassau Coliseum for the 2018-19 season, 20-30 games 2019-20 and as much as half the season each year following until the new arena in Belmont is ready (20-21?) and the Islanders get the hell out of Brooklyn! (No word yet whether any playoff games would take place on Long Island if necessary.)

News conference on Monday.

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-is...19/c-295409152
    Last edited by Obscured; 01-30-2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added nhl.com link

Rangers not lookin' good at all now. On top of that they have no testicles. Two guys get KO'd on dirty hits (reffing this year has been...holy shit bad) and ZERO retaliation. I'm not a fan of gooning it up, but sometimes you have to just simply stick up for a teammate. Nothing. I'm pretty disgusted.

Rumor is we will be sellers.

The eons are closing
    Bah!!! I agree with the pussification of both the Isles and Blueshirts.

Two years ago, Isles were hitting machines, taking the body with frequency and ferocity. Since then, forwards have their way in the Isles' crease, Tavares needs to fend for himself, 4th line has no energy.... ad nauseum....

And just tonight on the Isles broadcast, the 2nd intermission had an interview with Stan Fischler and Mike Peca....couldn't fucking believe that he 'forgave' Tucker for that Kasparitus-like dirty hip check to the knee that essentially ended his career and they are 'friends'. WTF! My wife was yelling at Peca on the TV too! lol

Get off my ice (lawn) rink!

Now that the Habs *should* be tanking, they start winning!