Page 249 of 403 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Well, in my case, I am watching as much hockey as I can as we recently fixed up our basement and I put in a Home Theatre featuring a 65" 4K TV. This replaces a 14 year old 50" TV with a bulb, so to say the picture is better is an understatement. And oddly enough, the yellow jerseys are better defined than Ottawa's red ones. Go Preds!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Whatever it comes down to, I'll probably see it on the news the next morning. I have not managed any enthusiasm for this series at all.
    I was like that at the start but now this series is getting really interesting with some pretty exciting hockey. Go Nashville!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I was like that at the start but now this series is getting really interesting with some pretty exciting hockey. Go Nashville!
    Spending the winter months in coastal Georgia, we got a steady helping of Hurricanes and Predators games. Got to realize what a great team Nashville is and I'm rooting for them too. If their goaltending holds up, they should win their first Stanley Cup!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Really hope Smashville can pull this out. Rinne needs to step up, plain and simple, esp with Ellis out now. What a disappointing headcase he's been in Pittsburgh.

When Crosby plays like he did Thursday, it makes Pens very difficult to beat.

What a snoozer of a finals series. So anticlimactic after a fairly decent playoffs.

There was an article in the paper on the weekend in which the writer compared the Finals to two boxers in the last few rounds of a bout just hanging on and trying to not get knocked out. I think it's a good analogy although the Pens and the Preds certainly showed that it is still a speed game. I've seen a lot worse series than this one. The weird thing is how lopsided the games were (except Game 6) with no games going to OT.

Lots of interesting things coming up including the expansion draft and the setting of the Cap for next year. I read somewhere that the best guess is that it will be around $72 or $73M which means more veteran players losing their jobs to cheaper, younger and faster ones.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Team of the 10's?

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    What a snoozer of a finals series. So anticlimactic after a fairly decent playoffs.
    Agree with this. SO tied of the Pens. Hopefully your Oilers make another big run, exciting team out there.

While I'm a long suffering Habs fan, predicting Tampa comes out of the East next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    no games going to OT.
    Especially after a record number of games went to o.t. in all the previous series. Congrats to the Pens and their fans. See everyone again in about 4 months!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    See everyone again in about 4 months!
    Tish tish. Time to put on your General Manager's hat and figure out who you want to protect and who you are willing to give up to Vegas. Then there's the draft to stock the cupboard. Then there's the RFAs and UFAs and then July 1st.

Got an alert on my phone today that the Sens have approached Dion Phaneuf about waiving his no trade clause before the expansion draft. Vegas would be nuts to take on that contract, but as I posted before, he performed very well during the playoffs. But at his age, it ain't gonna get any better.

In Sens land, my best guess about who they will lose is Chris Wideman. He was AHL defenceman of the year two years ago and he is a decent #5 defender on a team that made it to the final four. With Thomas Chabot coming out of the junior ranks, Wideman is dispensable. There are a couple of other promising D-men in the system that could also challenge for a job in 2017-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Team of the 10's?
    Chicago

Ok, Pens won cup in 2009.

Since that time, both teams have won 3 Cups.

Still a few more years to go.

Maybe they will meet in a final?

Not a single opinion of the Drouin deal by the Habs?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Underachiever with lots of talent? Heard he was a bit of a head case in Tampa.

Rangers will buy out Dan Girardi's contract. He gave this team his all and then some. Took it's toll on the guy. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Underachiever with lots of talent? Heard he was a bit of a head case in Tampa.
    He's 22. He is just hitting his stride. He played the part of petulant child star in Tampa but when he decided to shut up and play he showed great skills and maturity. He just signed a 6-year deal with the Habs and I expect him to produce... if the pressure of being a French Canadian sniper in Montreal doesn't get to him. I like the move.

Love the move...and Bergevin's not done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Love the move...and Bergevin's not done yet.
    Heard a rumour Galchenyuk might be moving on... Not sure how I feel about that. I am hoping Radulov will stay on. He was the heart of the team during the season.

I like the Drouin trade too. I think he has a ton of potential and I've said it here before that the one piece the Habs have been missing is a goal scorer. The Habs haven't had a lot of luck with their high draft choices panning out in the past few years and Bergevin is in survival mode now, so this is a very cagey move. I am expecting some more seismic moves before the expansion draft. Here in Ottawa, it's now looking like Marc Methot will be the guy they want to keep but can't protect. So I think Dorion will try to swing a deal with McPhee to not take Methot in the form of a draft choice or a prospect or two. The best play would have been to leave Phaneuf unprotected, but he refused to waive his NTC. Sorry, but I find this expansion draft to be totally fascinating!

I like the Drouin trade too. I think he has a ton of potential and I've said it here before that the one piece the Habs have been missing is a goal scorer. The Habs haven't had a lot of luck with their high draft choices panning out in the past few years and Bergevin is in survival mode now, so this is a very cagey move. I am expecting some more seismic moves before the expansion draft. Here in Ottawa, it's now looking like Marc Methot will be the guy they want to keep but can't protect. So I think Dorion will try to swing a deal with McPhee to not take Methot in the form of a draft choice or a prospect or two. The best play would have been to leave Phaneuf unprotected, but he refused to waive his NTC. Sorry, but I find this expansion draft to be totally fascinating!
    I'm kinda with you man! It's a scramble and every team has to shake it up a bit. Very interesting and keeps my hockey blood-a-flowin'!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

But it also thins out the talent just a bit more....

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Heard a rumour Galchenyuk might be moving on... Not sure how I feel about that. I am hoping Radulov will stay on. He was the heart of the team during the season.
    To be honest Ive had it with Galchenyuk, there's something missing there and he's been put in every position to go to the next level but hasn't ...think he's going to be dealt for a defenseman for sure...and they still need a centerman (predicting Hanzal).

As for Radu, they absolutely need to keep him... apparently he wants 6 years and the habs want 3. Can see them falling in between with a 4 year deal.

Gotta love the offseason when your team is active!
    Last edited by Score2112; 06-16-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Apparently Phaneuf yesterday submitted a 12 team list of teams he'll waive the NTC to go to. Among those teams (reported today by TSN): Los Angeles, Montreal, and Edmonton...

^^^^
    UPDATE -- deadline passed, Phaneuf declined to waive his NTC after all....

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    To be honest Ive had it with Galchenyuk, there's something missing there and he's been put in every position to go to the next level but hasn't ...think he's going to be dealt for a defenseman for sure...and they still need a centerman (predicting Hanzal).

As for Radu, they absolutely need to keep him... apparently he wants 6 years and the habs want 3. Can see them falling in between with a 4 year deal.

Gotta love the offseason when your team is active!
    I agree that Galchenyuk has only shown brief flashes of the talent he was touted as having. Maybe it's time to pass on him, for the right price.