Page 248 of 402 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Even if the cup does live here (at the Hockey Hall of Fame) the rest of the year, and we can see it pretty much any time we want.
    Yeah. Yeah. And before anyone else says it...it's the only way Toronto will ever see the Stanley Cup.

Just saw this on Facebook and had to share. LOL!
    PK.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Yeah. Yeah. And before anyone else says it...it's the only way Toronto will ever see the Stanley Cup.
    I don't think too many people are saying this anymore. The Leafs are a couple of pieces away from being legit contenders.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I don't think too many people are saying this anymore. The Leafs are a couple of pieces away from being legit contenders.
    After years of being a Leafs fan, I just expect people to shit on them. I'd like to believe that what you say is true and that this season was the beginning of what's to come. I think the next two seasons will reveal the true story.

Until then...GO SENS!

Toronto is definitely going to be a team to worry about now. Gotta get that D in order and look out! Goalie situation is interesting too. Regardless, I'm glad they're putting it together the right way finally.

I'm hopin' tonight is a great game and not a snoozer. I'm pulling for Rotters Club and the Sens for sure Good luck man!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Sorry Canada, was rooting for you. Great game tonight. Gonna be a very yellow finals.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Oh man! What a game/series. It all came down to one goal. I honestly didn't think that Ottawa was capable of it. I couldn't stay up for five periods though, had to go to bed after the fourth. My husband stayed up to the end though, and filled me in on the results.

Off the Sens bandwagon, and onto the Pens bandwagon. I'd like to see Phil Kessel win another cup. I've always liked him as a player and a person. He got a lot of flack when he was in Toronto, but he always seemed like a stand-up guy to me. Ran into him in YYZ one day and he was happily posing for photos and signing autographs for any kid who came up to him.

Got through the first overtime and woke up in the second overtime when announcer was raising his voice on the goal call.

Let's Go Pens!

I'll never take for the Pens, even if they were facing a team from CA! Go Subbans!

There's no shame in last night's loss. The Sens played their system to a tee and showed that amazing resilience in coming back twice to tie it up. Only a couple of complaints from last night - why dress Chris Kelly and then play him 5 minutes? And I wish they had loosened the reins a bit in OT and took a few more chances. Claesson and Methot were disruptive when they went deep into the O Zone. I just wish they got rewarded for their efforts. Anyway, it was a very successful season when the expectations were always low. The team will go through some big changes in the offseason and will hopefully get a little younger as they are currently the second oldest team in the league.

As for the finals, put me down as pulling for the Preds. I think the hockey will be way more entertaining than the Eastern Conference Finals as both teams are great skating teams with a lot of skill. From that perspective, these are the two teams that most deserve to be here.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    There's no shame in last night's loss. The Sens played their system to a tee and showed that amazing resilience in coming back twice to tie it up. Only a couple of complaints from last night - why dress Chris Kelly and then play him 5 minutes? And I wish they had loosened the reins a bit in OT and took a few more chances. Claesson and Methot were disruptive when they went deep into the O Zone. I just wish they got rewarded for their efforts. Anyway, it was a very successful season when the expectations were always low. The team will go through some big changes in the offseason and will hopefully get a little younger as they are currently the second oldest team in the league.

As for the finals, put me down as pulling for the Preds. I think the hockey will be way more entertaining than the Eastern Conference Finals as both teams are great skating teams with a lot of skill. From that perspective, these are the two teams that most deserve to be here.
    I feel for ya man! You guys had a nice run. Ultimately, I just don't think that type of system can do it anymore. Craig Anderson was God-like last night. PITT had some killer chances all night long.

Let's go Preds! Ugh.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Pens in 6
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Did you hear that, after the final horn? "Ladies & gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building."

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Did you hear that, after the final horn? "Ladies & gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building."
    Nobody? I'm rooting for the Pens, but I thought that was pretty cocky, especially as it's only the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Nobody? I'm rooting for the Pens, but I thought that was pretty cocky, especially as it's only the first game.
    That is the voice of long time radio announcer (and previously TV) Mike Lange. They play that frequently after a close win that is decided late in the game.

Nashville dominated play on Monday as Pens had only 12 shots and went 37+ minutes without a SOG. I am sure interested on how tonight's game goes.

Pens looked really strong last night. Amazing overall team speed and obviously two of the most skilled guys on the planet. Just think about how much better they would be if they had their #1 defenceman (Kris Letang) in the lineup. I'm afraid the Preds are overmatched in this series. But I still love their heart. I think the Preds will play better at home.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

The eons are closing
    Cmon Preds!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Preds need to take both home games to stay in it.

Even though I'm rooting for the Penguins, I hope the Prednisones win tonight. Don't want this to end too quickly, and hopefully we'll get a great series.

This game is an affirmation of that oldest of hockey axioms : "If you put the puck on the net, good things happen."

Best of 3.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Nice comeback by the Preds to even the series. They looked outmatched in Pittsburgh and pretty strong at home. As long as they can keep Malkin and Kessell off the scoresheet, I like their chances.

I actually thought they outplayed PITT for much of the first game. Hope this goes 7 with NASH on top

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I actually thought they outplayed PITT for much of the first game. Hope this goes 7 with NASH on top
    I hope it goes OT in 7! The whole season coming down to one single goal.

Whatever it comes down to, I'll probably see it on the news the next morning. I have not managed any enthusiasm for this series at all.