Page 244 of 402 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

More importantly:

Win or lose this series, one person will enjoy his 15 minutes of fame (hopefully longer).

DART GUY.

For those not yet familiar, it wont be long. lol So the CBC television camera pans the crowd in Washington the other night, and settle on a shot of an obviously rabid leaf fan who had his face and beard painted, the stanley cup carved on the top of his head and Go Leafs underneath is. But at the time the camera diod this short shot of him, he had an un-lit cig hanging from his mouth. Probably near end of period, probably just itchin to get outside and spark that thing up.

dartguy.jpg

Well doesn't he attain instant fame when the twitter blew up and all that...he's been tagged "dart guy". So many fans go crazy for this guy...(he drove to Washington to see the game, and dressed like that)... the Leafs gave him a free ticket to the game last night. Now he's blowing up even more, with people calling him the unofficial mascot of the team now. LOL My son'r FB status this morning was "Thanks, Dart Guy" LOL

LOVE Kadri! Hitting everything that moves, always on the puck... Caps being totally outcoached at this point. They have to be thinking "here we go again" at this point in the series.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    Dart Guy Rulz! lol
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Extra point is good! Good ole classic spanking going on in San Jose.

Huge win for Blueshirts. Henrik was outstanding in the last minute.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

This photo is from the Jays game last night. LOL!

Only in Canada.jpg

The guy sitting in front of me had the Leafs game on his phone and everyone around us was watching it during breaks in the ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    This photo is from the Jays game last night. LOL!

Only in Canada.jpg

The guy sitting in front of me had the Leafs game on his phone and everyone around us was watching it during breaks in the ball game.
    It's a series again. Come on Toronto.. Put them down!

well washington came out to prove they are president's trophy winners, to assert themselves. And they did. They bombarded us to a first period 4-1 lead. By the end....it was only a late 5th goal by Caps, 100% gifted to them by leafs being keystone cops in their own end....4 leafs, one cap...we managed to bounce that puck around untill they got a clear break. a horrible horrible play. Wash was really lucky to escape with 5-4 win on night where they were great and Leafs and Anderson were awful! That's a great sign afaic.

Wow. I just read that both Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma have been sacked by Buffalo's ownership. He keeps cleaning house and his teams (the Bills and the Sabres) keep losing. Hmmm.

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-fire-gm-mur...ylsma-1.729345
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    3 down, 5 to go.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The Habs glaring lack of offensive production is rearing its ugly head. I expect this series to be over on Saturday. The Habs will play hard but will ultimately be defeated.

I thought for a good half of the game the Habs dominated. It was the OT that they just switched off. I was pretty surprised at that. Looked like they totally ran out of gas and it was inevitable that the Rangers were going to score. I never feel that way.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    From the start of period 3 thru overtime, the Rangers were clearly superior.

Habs were so dominant in period 1 that it should have been 3-1 with all that opportunity. Big PKs for Rangers kept it close.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Habs can't score. The one sniper we have has been dormant (see post #6085 above). If you can't get the puck to bounce your way in a series as tight as this one, you will ultimately lose. Having said this though, this series has been flip-flopping so if the Habs *could* find a way to prevail tomorrow, Game 7 would be an instant classic!

Sens had a 2-0 lead last night and they let it slip away losing in double OT. The Bruins were on the mat and the Sens couldn't pin them. Two more chances, but their lack of a killer instinct is worrisome. They played not to lose most of the night and that never ends well.

Well, the Leafs are out. But, damn, what an exciting year this was! From the basement to the playoffs in one season. And talk about a playoff run! As short-lived as it was, out of six games Toronto took Washington to OT five times. I think that most people (myself included) underestimated the hunger of this young team. I'm excited to see what next season brings! It's only going to get better from here.

The pieces are in place. Now they just need some fine-tuning.

GO LEAFS GO!

The new series of Fargo just started on Wednesday. Ha cha!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    The new series of Fargo just started on Wednesday. Ha cha!
    Oh yeah? You don't say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pittsburgh and Washington have to be looking at these other series and going 'WTF???'.

Notes from Ottawa:

Bruins went down, but not without a fight. They were very tough considering they were missing 3 of their top 4 defensemen. This young Charlie MacAvoy is going to be a good one. And 40 year old Chara played a lot of minutes and played well. In the end, they were a one line team - Bergeron, Marchand and Pasternak - with not much supplemental scoring (or skill) from the other three lines. That's were they need to upgrade. I think the Sens were a little faster as well.

Top scorer was Derick Brassard. He didn't score much in the regular season, but 8 points in 6 playoff games compensates nicely. I'm thinking the Rangers and the Sens are happy with what they got from the trade.

Bobby Ryan continues to score, even though he can't actually skate. Amazing. Kyle Turris finally potted one, so hopefully he will continue to chip in against the Rangers.

Erik Karlsson played with two broken bones in his foot. The guy is just unbelievable. If you have a chance, tune in a while and just marvel at how he controls the game every time he's on the ice. It reminds me of how Bobby Orr played in his heyday.

The Sens held their own in the season series against the Rangers (2-1-1) so I'm thinking they have a chance to beat them.

I am now reduced to taking for the Oilers (that's ok, never had anything against them) and the Sens( )simply because they are the 2 Canadian cities still in the tournament. I'll be catching a period or two here and there but will need to spend some evenings with my girlfriend now that the Habs are bounced. That's the unwritten rule in my house.

Prediction results from Round 1:

East: 3-1 (Picked the Habs. Forgot they got Ott instead of someone who could score!)
    West: 3-1 (Picked Chicago)

Predictions for Round 2:

OTT over NYR in 7 (this is my heart talking, but they do have a chance)
    PIT over WAS in 5

ANA over EDM in 6
    STL over NAS in 7 (Not convinced the Preds are for real)

More evidence that ESPN hates hockey:

ESPN laid-off 100 on-air staffers today.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

To be fair, Bettman and the NHL made the huge mistake of taking a little more money from NBC years ago for more obscure coverage on channels that most people don't have and/or can't find instead of playing it smart for the future of the sport, taking a little less money, and staying with ESPN. Covering the NHL makes no sense for ESPN--I can't blame them at all for not wanting to promote a sport that does basically nothing for them in terms of ratings or revenue.