Page 238 of 402 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    How many times did you dive on your couch reenacting that Orr cup winner while wearing that shirt?
    LOL! Get our of my head! I had a bean-bag char and I'd dive into it pretending to be Bobby Orr, until my dad told me to "cut it out!"

Credit him, though. He was from the south, where hockey was pretty much unknown. So when we landed in Massachusetts, he decided to give it a shot, and we started watching the Bruins. When Fred Cusick started doing the play-by play, he did little sessions on "get to know the game," and I remember learning a lot about hockey from those broadcasts. This was right in the period of those great Bruins teams, which was a great way to start watching the game.

Bill

Great stuff man! I never had a cup win to reenact until 1994 and when that happened I was 23 and too cool to reenact anything . Holy shit that was 23 years ago!!

However, I did reenact Eurizione's game winner from 1980 in my basement every day for like 8 months
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

My love for hockey was born at the ripe old age of 6, when Canada was playing the Summit Series vs the USSR. Grew up a Leafs fan, then gave up on them and became a Nordiques fan because I hated the Habs. After their move to Denver I gave up on hockey until 2007, when I started to begrudgingly root for the Habs. I was missing the game and all of their games were on TV so I started tuning in and became a fan. I can state though that the Leafs are my no 2 team. I hope this core of young players can bring glory back to that franchise. I'd love to see them win a Cup before my mom passes on...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    How many times did you dive on your couch reenacting that Orr cup winner while wearing that shirt?
    Into a bunch of lobster traps like that kid on the commercial. That must have hurt!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I'm disappointed in you, Mudshark...came in here today expecting to see your mug gloating about last night's Islander Cup victory, but nothin'!

Until next time...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    The fact that the Blueshirts can't win at Barclay's Center is almost a reason to stay in that crap arena......almost....

Otherwise, it was an excellent game of hockey.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.....

Habs can't BUY a goal! Bergevin better make a blockbuster deal before the deadline or he'll be looking for a new job himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.....

Habs can't BUY a goal! Bergevin better make a blockbuster deal before the deadline or he'll be looking for a new job himself!
    Probably would have been a 1-0 win if they sat Beaulieu for Pateryn.

Things were looking pretty promising in Sensland after beating the Leafs on Saturday and pulling to within 2 points of division leading Montreal with 3 games in hand. Then, disaster!

First, Bobby Ryan goes down with a broken finger suffered against the Leafs. He's out for between 3 and 6 weeks depending on the severity of the break. Then in the devastating loss to the Jets, Mike Hoffman leaves with a suspected knee injury first suffered on Thursday against the Devils, then team leading goal scorer Mark Stone takes a hit to the head from Jacob Trouba (suspension to follow) and finally, utility man Tommy Wingels takes a Dustin Byfuglien hit that leaves him in a fog.

So three top 6 forwards are out and believe me, the cupboard is totally bare in Binghamton. Depending on how bad these latest injuries are will determine if the Sens go shopping for help. The only two untouchables are White and Chabot. Likely bait is Ceci and Lazar and draft picks.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

The eons are closing
    So by the virtue of not playing and results going their way, as of this morning the Isles are the 8 seed based on GP, wins and tiebreaks.

LOL! So unreal....

I'm not overly religious, but the Flyers are making me give up hockey for Lent.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The three Atlantic teams in playoff spots (including the Leafs, WOOHOOO!), have fewer points than the Rangers who are only in a Wild Card spot. In fact, of the 12 playoff spots in the league, 7 of the teams have fewer points than the Rangers.

Gotta love hockey!

Thomas. Dude. 7-0? Ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The eons are closing
    Fucking Tortorellla...hate him. lol

Just can't lose two in a row. So far, 2-1 on the nine game road trip.

Torts?!?! I love the guy. I wish he was still behind the Rangers bench. The moron we have there now has no idea how to set lines, develop rookies, or make ANY in-game adjustments. And he STILL puts Girardi on 1st line D!!!!

Every time I see his stupid, gum chewing face I want to punch the TV.

LGR

Habs starting to look like a team again. Will they stave off the Sens and go cover-to-cover in first place this season? Personally I think I'd prefer falling to second and getting the 3rd place team in our division instead of facing the top Wild Card team.

Habs starting to look like a team again. Will they stave off the Sens and go cover-to-cover in first place this season? Personally I think I'd prefer falling to second and getting the 3rd place team in our division instead of facing the top Wild Card team.
    The playoff format blows!!
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    The playoff format blows!!
    Yeah. I wasn't a huge fan of the divisional realignments but I've gotten used to them, but this playoff format is bonkers in a bad way.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The eons are closing
    I am also not a fan of the format, but I want a return to the 70s style format where original six teams had a real chance to meet in finals. Not possible now.

Or even regional rivals (think all NY final or philly v NJ)

Wish granted (for now)!

Surprisingly, the Sens have won 6 in a row with a few key injuries. Ryan, Turris and Stone are out right now. Craig Anderson just set the franchise record for wins, passing Patrick Lalime. And Erik Karlsson has been insanely good the past few weeks. He's back in the conversation for the Norris, although I guess Brett Burns will win it anyway. Karlsson is a tremendous hockey player and at the ripe old age of 26, he's finally become a complete defenseman. Regardless of what the talking heads may say, his defensive play has improved immensely in the past year or two. He's fast and smart and he gets a lot of shots on net or puts them in spot where they get deflected.

This coming weekend will go a long way to setting the final standings as the Habs and Sens play a back-to-back series. Should be some dandy hockey.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Well this Leafs season is just a great testimony to Mike Babcock. To even still be in the play off conversation at this stage...pretty damn good for last year's last place team. The wild card will be tricky with Rangers holding down one, and Isles/Bolts charging hard. My dream would be to pass Bruins for 3rd in Atlantic and face Sens or Habs. I think we'd probably lose to either...but at least we'll get a taste of what the future is going to be like as the Leafs emerge back on the scene as a regular play off contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Well this Leafs season is just a great testimony to Mike Babcock. To even still be in the play off conversation at this stage...pretty damn good for last year's last place team. The wild card will be tricky with Rangers holding down one, and Isles/Bolts charging hard. My dream would be to pass Bruins for 3rd in Atlantic and face Sens or Habs. I think we'd probably lose to either...but at least we'll get a taste of what the future is going to be like as the Leafs emerge back on the scene as a regular play off contender.
    Yes we have a very good chance of making waves if the Leafs make the post season. Good Management, good goaltending (something they haven't had since CuJo) and a whole bunch of guys that can score goals. Defence is the weak spot has it has been all season. I think that they could beat the Habs or Sens, depends on defence.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post

This coming weekend will go a long way to setting the final standings as the Habs and Sens play a back-to-back series. Should be some dandy hockey.
    Indeed! The playoffs begin this week for both our teams!

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Yes we have a very good chance of making waves if the Leafs make the post season. Good Management, good goaltending (something they haven't had since CuJo) and a whole bunch of guys that can score goals. Defence is the weak spot has it has been all season. I think that they could beat the Habs or Sens, depends on defence.
    Any team that faces the Leafs if they make playoffs should be more than a little worried.
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The Bolts are busting a$$, slowly climbing up, still without #1 Stammer, and Bishop is now gone. Any injuries you ask ?? Yes, 6 rookies in the lineup now, all fighting for spots in the NHL . Lots of fast action, they never give up, but as for playoffs, they're already playing at their playoff level now, the question is, how long can they keep it up....