Page 232 of 403 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    guinea
    Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Classy.
    Since I am one, it is. Yet another case of thinking you know before you actually do.

The eons are closing
    Since I am one, it is. Yet another case of thinking you know before you actually do.
    You're just a douche man. Of that there is no doubt.

You suck the air and fun out of everything you post in. In the 15+ years I've been posting on PE, I've seen/read a lot of difficult' characters here, but you're a piece of work.

Sorry peeps, but I'm done with this thread. Been a good run.

Klonker...be well, hope to catch up at the Ambulance Brewery in Nanuet.

Yves, Esther..and all the other long timers here...enjoy the season!

- Thomas
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

You suck the air and fun out of everything you post in. In the 15+ years I've been posting on PE, I've seen/read a lot of difficult' characters here, but you're a piece of work.

- Thomas
    Classy. Right back atcha, capa tosta. Eat some fish sticks and think of 1983. It'll all be better soon. I promise.

Sorry to lose ya Thomas... You can always put someone on "ignore" if you don't want to read their posts...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

- Thomas
    And the terrorists win.

What Yves said...ignore. You do what you feel you have to do Thomas, but I'll miss your comments in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    And the terrorists win.

What Yves said...ignore. You do what you feel you have to do Thomas, but I'll miss your comments in this thread.
    Terrorist? Guy calls me a "douche" cuz his definition of fun and insightful is whining about shit that he can't control and that doesn't affect him. These types are more commonly referred to as "air-suckers" and "downers". If he were thinking clearly he'd know that the Islanders situation is a result of crooked politicians in Nassau County and NOT some conspiracy of the commissioner (who, I can guarantee you, wants each team in the NY metro area to succeed). That besides the fact that many have a hard-on for Bettman because they think he "gifted" the Rangers a Cup in 1994 - like Canucklehead fans to this day do, even though the Rangers were at least twice as good a team.

^^^Plonk
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Terrorist? Guy calls me a "douche" cuz his definition of fun and insightful is whining about shit that he can't control and that doesn't affect him. These types are more commonly referred to as "air-suckers" and "downers". If he were thinking clearly he'd know that the Islanders situation is a result of crooked politicians in Nassau County and NOT some conspiracy of the commissioner (who, I can guarantee you, wants each team in the NY metro area to succeed). That besides the fact that many have a hard-on for Bettman because they think he "gifted" the Rangers a Cup in 1994 - like Canucklehead fans to this day do, even though the Rangers were at least twice as good a team.
    Why would that bother you? I've always considered Mudshark as one of my favorite people here in this whiny-ass sea of whiny, whiny-asses at PE. I could care less that he's an islander fan and I'm a Ranger fan and always got a kick out of his jabs. Never once did I ever take offense towards anything he's said about the Rangers and vice versa. I'd hate to see him split the thread.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Why would that bother you? I've always considered Mudshark as one of my favorite people here in this whiny-ass sea of whiny, whiny-asses at PE. I could care less that he's an islander fan and I'm a Ranger fan and always got a kick out of his jabs. Never once did I ever take offense towards anything he's said about the Rangers and vice versa. I'd hate to see him split the thread.
    1. He disrespected me by calling me a douche. It's not the first time. I have the right to defend myself against such sophomoric bullshit, in person or virtually.
    2. I didn't tell him to leave the thread. That was a prototypical attention-seeking, melodramatic rage quit that is completely on him. It is his personality, and is not on me. He did the same thing when I disagreed with him about Tortorella (and King Crimson, btw) a while ago because he couldn't have his way. Maybe he should worry about his own (Italian) coach.
    3. Whining that his Isles are not still in Nassau via a childish complaint about Bettman and his pushing another team into a bad place in the US is weak. He's not Canadian, and a team in Vegas affects none of us more or less than the other. Bettman is far from the worst commissioner in professional sports. I wonder how he'd feel if that criminal idiot Goodell were running the NHL.
    4. The internet is a place for giving people a platform and a voice to show off their damage, and a really bad place for stupid people to learn stuff.
    5. He claims to want to have fun, yet all of his posts really say "look at me, I've been screwed". "Come down in the mud and be miserable with me."

Enough?

Enough?
    I had enough when I saw "1."

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I had enough when I saw "1."
    So be it, man. I have no time for high school shit, and I certainly don't have time for suffering fools. Invite your "cool" buddy back. It's obvious that this is not a place for real contributions for discussions about........ya know......the intricacies of hockey.

Wow, this is the first time ever that this thread has been anything but respectful and fun that I remember anyway. This thread ain't big enough fer the two o' ya!!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Wow, this is the first time ever that this thread has been anything but respectful and fun that I remember anyway. This thread ain't big enough fer the two o' ya!!
    232 pages spanning over 5 hockey seasons, and I believe that you're right. Even our trash talk has all been in good fun.

So be it, man. I have no time for high school shit, and I certainly don't have time for suffering fools. Invite your "cool" buddy back. It's obvious that this is not a place for real contributions for discussions about........ya know......the intricacies of hockey.
    ok great!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    232 pages spanning over 5 hockey seasons, and I believe that you're right. Even our trash talk has all been in good fun.
    ...I was thinkin this too It always stays on the ice right?

Yikes...I had forgotten how tough it is to stay awake watching a team led by Guy Boucher!
    Last edited by Klonk; 11-28-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Now you know what I've been talking about. Zzzz.

Of course, the upside is that they are currently tied for 5th overall in the league. Hard to believe given their offensive and PP challenges.

And in the hell is freezing over department: who would have guessed that 2-time Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson would be leading the league in ... blocked shots! WTF???
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Now you know what I've been talking about. Zzzz.

Of course, the upside is that they are currently tied for 5th overall in the league. Hard to believe given their offensive and PP challenges.

And in the hell is freezing over department: who would have guessed that 2-time Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson would be leading the league in ... blocked shots! WTF???
    Anderson has been awesome too and certainly made some beauty saves last night. Hey, pretty or not...a win is a win!

That's the mantra in Ottawa these days. The 8-9-1 Ottawa Redblacks won Canada's version of the Superbowl on Sunday (Grey Cup 104). They blew a 20 point lead and won in overtime with a 41 year old QB with a bad knee!

Winning ugly seems to be de rigueur these days.

Just win baby!

Habs on a Left Coast swing so I'll be taking a hockey hiatus. I am not one to stay up until the wee hours of the morning to watch a game. I'll catch the highlights the next morning. Still not sure what to make of this team...

It's already turning into a fiasco and the team here hasn't even played a game yet. I guess some college team or whatever, somewhere, has the rights to Golden Knights and there is going to be a court battle to get a name that no one here likes, at all.

The feedback in the local rags is awful. People are pissed about the name and pissed the the owner dropped the Las from Vegas.

I hear the arena is kinda nice but the only parking is going to be where you have to pay for it as the Strip is going to this model, it seems.

I'll go when the Habs come to town and maybe when someone like Detroit comes to town so I can yell epithets at them(never liked that Hockeytown crap there as Montreal is Hockeytown, not Detroit).

I can only laugh and say I told you so as I can't stop rooting for a team that I've been with for nearly a quarter century. Not my team so everyone else can deal with the insanity.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Not a great way to start a new franchise. Can't say that I'm surprised, however.

In other news, the Flyers have won 7 straight, beating Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers last night in a 6-5 barn burner. Haven't had a chance to see the kid play, but he's pretty damn impressive.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

You guys see Price lose his shit last night? Enough crashing into him already! I applauded him!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally