Page 22 of 403 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I've had a very busy schedule lately and haven't really had time to just sit and watch a game since the season started. I've caught bits and pieces of games, but to just sit and relax for a full game hasn't happened yet. But tonight's the night! Unless something unexpected comes up, if you're looking for me around 7:30 tonight, you can me find parked in front of my TV with a glass of red wine, a big bowl of popcorn, and probably a 20lb cat on my lap.

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Having never had poutine, this doesn't surprise me. The pics I've seen of poutine look disgusting.
    Well, you say that because you've never had it! Hot fresh cut french fries (not frozen!!!), smothered in cheese curds, and then covered in hot gravy to melt the cheese? OMG! What is not to love about that?! Top that off with a serving of pulled pork, and you will be in heart-attack heaven. Trust me.

BTW, the poutine at Wendy's sucks. It's got to be fresh-cut fries or I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I've had a very busy schedule lately and haven't really had time to just sit and watch a game since the season started. I've caught bits and pieces of games, but to just sit and relax for a full game hasn't happened yet. But tonight's the night! Unless something unexpected comes up, if you're looking for me around 7:30 tonight, you can me find parked in front of my TV with a glass of red wine, a big bowl of popcorn, and probably a 20lb cat on my lap.

Can't wait!
    Sounds like a good night, Esther!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well, you say that because you've never had it! Hot fresh cut french fries (not frozen!!!), smothered in cheese curds, and then covered in hot gravy to melt the cheese? OMG! What is not to love about that?! Top that off with a serving of pulled pork, and you will be in heart-attack heaven. Trust me.

BTW, the poutine at Wendy's sucks. It's got to be fresh-cut fries or I'm not interested.
    I think it's the cheese curds that turn me off.

Substitute shredded cheddar, and I'm there.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Rather than a WTF are Cheese Curds post I looked it up

You learn something new every day

Pass!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Well, well, well, what have we here? Ottawa beats the extremely hot NJ Devils in a shootout. Hey, Ottawa even got a goal in regular time and it was 5-on-5!

Alfie, Alfie, Alfie

(I just did that to piss off the Leaf fans here).
    Last edited by rottersclub; 02-18-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Bah. Devils are scuttling a bit. Bishop looked pretty good in net.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Satisfying win. It's either feast or famine with this team. I doubt they score more than two all week now.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Bishop looked pretty good in net.
    I think he's 6'7". That's almost in the Charasphere.

(And coming soon - he will be available for trade - hopefully for a high scoring forward or puck rushing defenseman.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Rather than a WTF are Cheese Curds post I looked it up

You learn something new every day

Pass!

BG
    LOL! I've had fresh squeeky curds while in Quebec and can attest that they are kind of gross when cold, but when warmed on poutine they work. You could use any cheese I guess, but to me its not poutine if you don't use cheese curds. It's just fries with cheese and gravy.

Wow! Back to back shut-outs for Scrivens! I didn't know he had it in him.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Thomas what the hell?! Usually after you beat us you go on to lose the next ten! Instead you bitchslap the Devils? I'm nervous...
    See Klonker...no worries, phriggin' phlylers come into town, my son and I trek out to the coliseum and we play the absolute worst game in the last 5 years.
    I was four rows behind nabokov....at start of third period I yelled out "Would you like to take the 1st minute off again!!!". Unfortunately, he and the Isles took the whole 3rd period off as well.

Disgusting.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I rather enjoyed it.

Lino
    Colton Orr on third line now with a couple of skill players. Laugh if you want, the Leafs are 10-6 and he could be considered an MVP on this team. He's done wonders with the confidence of this previously chicken-shit team. My only concern is he'll have no knuckles left by the end of the year if he keeps this up. He pounds the forecheck, fights every team's tough guy, takes a regular shift, and creates scoring chances too. And he hasn't taken any stupid penalties. To think that last year they said there was no place in the new NHL for players like him. Feel good story of the year for the Leafs as far as I'm concerned.

The eons are closing
    Even the phyler fans next to me were "WTF?" They enjoyed the win; but did not enjoy 'the game' as the Isles were not there at all.

I hope Dougie Weight ripped them all a new asshole (like he did between 1st and 2nd periods of the Rangers game) the entire flight up to Ottawa.

I fucking hate inconsistency more than ineptitude; because the former shows that a lazy mind/focus is the issue while the latter is a product of talent (the lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I fucking hate inconsistency more than ineptitude; because the former shows that a lazy mind/focus is the issue while the latter is a product of talent (the lack thereof).
    Completely agree.

Yes, Lino. I previously posted in this discussion that CapGeek.com had listed him as "buried" - i.e., they put him in the minors to remove his salary from the team's cap. Nice to see a former lunkhead playing hockey and contributing. Maybe this is really is the future of this part of the game. Guys that fight also have to be able to contribute and not hurt their team with the really dumbdumb penalties. Good stuff!

The eons are closing
    Isles are front page @ ESPN NHL site

Burnside from ESPN:
    If there is one thing that separates the good teams from mediocre and the great from the good, it's consistency of effort. Poor teams invariably see wild swings in effort and results, sometimes within a few days. Monday was a perfect illustration of that. How do the New York Islanders look so good -- dare we say almost playoff ready? -- in handling New Jersey on Saturday night and then turn around and lay a complete egg in being shellacked 7-0 by Philadelphia at home on Monday afternoon? Embarrassing. Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov (is there no Plan B on the island in terms of goaltending?) gave up three in the second and three in the third, and from reports out of the contest he might have been the Isles' best player. The win was just the third away from home for the Flyers, one of the reasons they're outside the Eastern Conference playoff bubble.

4 in a row! Bring on the Rangers!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Montreal actually lulled the Rangers to sleep last night with the way they clogged the neutral zone. That may have been the single most boring hockey game I have ever seen! they iced the puck 15 times! Well...16 if you count the missed icing which led to their game winner...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Dear Rick DiPietro:

You stink. Please retire.

Yours in Christ,

- Thomas

Lino
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Montreal actually lulled the Rangers to sleep last night with the way they clogged the neutral zone. That may have been the single most boring hockey game I have ever seen! they iced the puck 15 times! Well...16 if you count the missed icing which led to their game winner...
    I saw just a snippet of Torts saying something about it being the worst game ever, where both teams were horrible...except Montreal was better. LOL

yeah I really felt bad for those 20,000 that actually paid to see that game.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Just win baby!

That has been the Habs MO lately, with less icing though. They lull you to sleep and await their chances. They capitalize on them, get a lead, and close the door. At the end of the game, it's 2 points in the bank. This is a team that was 15th last year and is now currently 1st. I won't complain about the lack of style points.

The eons are closing
    Habs / Isles: Lullfest '13 !!
    Last team awake wins!!!

It's never dull when your team wins the game though!

I look at the Habs right now and I see a well balanced team. 2 solid goalies, 6 capable defensemen (for sale: Kaberle), and 4 lines that all get involved in forechecking and get on the score sheet. What more can I ask for?