Page 225 of 402 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    He's a fuckin' neanderthal.
    He actually accepted less money to go to Edmonton than what the Habs were offering him to play here. That's how much he hates Montreal!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    Sigh....Franz, Kyle and Matt were the three alternate captains (Matt only when Kyle or Franz were not dressed) and three of the Isles top 7 players overall.

Fuk...if Subban was actually available ( and he was) and you knew that Tavares' best friends on the team were not gonna re-sign, wouldn't you at least explore bringing in one of his besties from juniors (and Subban is) and the cap hit was neutral overall?

Boychuk / Leddy as D1 and Subban Hamonic as D2 would have offensively offset the losses somewhat

Sigh....didn't I sigh already? lol [emoji3]
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Very happy with this one. Neilsson will fill a gap in Detroit that is desperately needed.
    Good two way player, but think they overpaid a bit for him. (which most teams tend to do on frenzy day)

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Good two way player, but think they overpaid a bit for him. (which most teams tend to do on frenzy day)
    Agreed, that was a pretty hefty price tag to pay out. We’ll see if he is worth it. The Red Wings had all intents of making a big bid for Stamkos, but when he re-signed to Tampa they had a wad to blow and it looks like they decided to use it on Neilsson.

I think you guys will love Neilson. I've watched him against us for many years as a Ranger fan and never saw him take a shift off. Great 2 way guy. As a bonus, he's pretty awesome in shootouts.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Klonker is correct on both pts.

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agreed, that was a pretty hefty price tag to pay out. We’ll see if he is worth it. The Red Wings had all intents of making a big bid for Stamkos, but when he re-signed to Tampa they had a wad to blow and it looks like they decided to use it on Neilsson.
    I really thought the Wings had Stamkos wrapped up, especially after they got rid of Datsyuk's contract. They be a good team this year, better than my Habs thats for sure.

Don't sell the Habs short just yet. This is going to be a very different team than last year. I expect them to be a serious playoff contender. There is still a core of young talent in Montreal and a healthy Price will make a huge difference. I'm optimistic that Weber and Shaw will make a positive impact in the locker room and on the ice.

Especially if Price comes back healthy, I fully expect the Habs to make the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    I really thought the Wings had Stamkos wrapped up, especially after they got rid of Datsyuk's contract. They be a good team this year, better than my Habs thats for sure.
    That was the big rumor around these parts that Stamkos was heading our way, so the re-signing to Tampa came as a bit of a surprise, but it is what it is. Although I would love to have had him here, I like the fact that he was willing to stick with his home team.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Don't sell the Habs short just yet. This is going to be a very different team than last year. I expect them to be a serious playoff contender. There is still a core of young talent in Montreal and a healthy Price will make a huge difference. I'm optimistic that Weber and Shaw will make a positive impact in the locker room and on the ice.
    Add to that the big gamble of Radulov if he's changed his ways. The guy's a MONSTER talent who could make a huge impact as well. Apparently he turned down a few other offers including longer term/more money to play in Montreal. This is going to be VERY interesting to see how this all plays out.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I left him off my post because he's a gamble...

I think they made a mistake making Pacioretty the captain. He felt the weight of the "C" last season. His only concern should be putting the puck in the net. Somebody like Pleckanec or Markov should have been named captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I left him off my post because he's a gamble...

I think they made a mistake making Pacioretty the captain. He felt the weight of the "C" last season. His only concern should be putting the puck in the net. Somebody like Pleckanec or Markov should have been named captain.
    Totally agree. He's not really captain material, not enough of an outspoken leader type guy. They don't really have a guy like that right now except for Shea but obviously the captaincy ship has sailed for now..
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I was shocked when I learned that the Habs had signed Radulov. I thought after the chance they took on Vanek last year, they would have been more gun-shy about risky moves.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Ottawa and NYR just swapped Mika Zibanejad for Derick Brassard (and picks both ways). Z-Bad is 23 and Brassard is 28. Their stats the past couple of years are comparable. I think the Rangers are getting the better of the deal (2nd rounder their way for a 7'th rounder going to Ottawa). Ottawa gets a local product.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...rick-brassard/
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Ottawa and NYR just swapped Mika Zibanejad for Derick Brassard (and picks both ways). Z-Bad is 23 and Brassard is 28. Their stats the past couple of years are comparable. I think the Rangers are getting the better of the deal (2nd rounder their way for a 7'th rounder going to Ottawa). Ottawa gets a local product.
    The skeptic in me says Ottawa made the deal because it helps them "spend to the cap" without actually spending the money, since Brassard had a front-loaded deal with a $5M cap hit for the next three years but an actual salary of only $3.3M. And also because Zibanejad needs a new contract next year and they probably didn't want to pay him big bucks either.

No argument from me on your analysis Brad. I just don't understand the mentality of "spending to the cap". The Sens aren't struggling to spend to the floor, so why would they take a larger cap hit when it conceivably could hurt them in a year or two when perhaps they want to load up at the trade deadline if they have something good going on. Zibanejad will definitely command a big contract next year and the Sens are thinking that White or Brown will slot into the #2 centre position then. I still have qualms about Turris being a legit #1 centre. They would be well served to find a bona fide #1 guy and slot Turris into the #2 spot.

Who knew Sean Avery was playing in Russia?!

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...eous&id=586114

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Who knew Sean Avery was playing in Russia?!
    Donald Trump?

/politics off
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Awesome!
    Check out ----> Servicing Stop <----

I think that in the past here I've mentioned a good friend of mine who is a Habs fan, and he and I just love to tease each other. I tease him about the Habs and he teases me about the Leafs. It's all in good fun, and we actually try to get together to watch each Leafs/Habs game during the year. Traditionally, Montreal and Toronto always open their seasons against each other and we have a standing date to watch that game together...we've done it for years.

I found out this afternoon that this friend passed away yesterday. It was a complete shock. Apparently he was diagnosed with cancer only five weeks ago and didn't want anyone other than his immediate family to know. It seems so unreal!

This upcoming hockey season will not be the same for me. I know that the same group of us will still go to the same pub to watch the first Toronto/Montreal match-up and we'll raise a glass to Jeff. But it'll never be the same again. Damn, I'm going to miss him and his Habby ways.

I'm sorry for your loss, Esther.

Aw man...Sorry for your loss, Esther. I'm sure he would want you to carry on with your Leafy ways!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

My condolences to you Esther.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Aw man...Sorry for your loss, Esther. I'm sure he would want you to carry on with your Leafy ways!
    LOL! I'm trying to decide whether to wear my Leafs Jersey to his memorial service, or go out and buy a Habs t-shirt to wear in his memory. I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    My condolences to you Esther.
    Thanks Yves. I'm going to need you to join Facebook so that I have a Habs Fan's page to post derogatory Canadiens memes too. Okay?

Seriously, thanks guys. There were a lot of things that bound our friendship together, but I know that it is while watching hockey games that I'm going to miss him the most. And I kind of thought that you guys might understand that tie.