Page 220 of 402 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I was gonna watch the OT and it was over before I could turn on the TV.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^^^Do you have one of those old crank models?
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Why did Jaskin get a penalty when it clearly was Pollack that was fighting? Jaskin may have thrown a punch, once he got to his feet, but Pollack clearly punched him five times with gloves on before Jaskin even got to his feet. He's clearly not trying to fight but Pollack forced him into it so why does he get penalized for defending himself, if he indeed did? I guess at the end he was up and in a fighting position, so to speak, but it still seems odd to me.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Yeah I didn't get that either. This series is awesome though.

Cmon Blues!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

At least I'm not the only one.

I have been in the unfortunate position of not seeing any good games for a couple of weeks. There have been a few games, and I've missed those, but most have been blowouts which IMHO is boring.

Great playoff season this year! Although I was hoping for seven games out west.

Sharks, past the first round and not to mention now in the Cup Final? I guess hell finally has frozen over . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Sharks looking like the best team left in the tournament...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Who would have thunk that Jonathan Quick's one-time back-up would be leading the Sharks into the Finals. I'm happy for guys like Thorton and Marleau who have been questioned for years, finally showing people that they are the real deal.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Who would have thunk that Jonathan Quick's one-time back-up would be leading the Sharks into the Finals.
    So you're saying there's hope for the Leafs next year?

Yeah, I really think the Sharks are going to win it after what they've done with their 3 previous opponents. They are scary good right now and I just don't see either Tampa or Pittsburgh beating them..but ya never know!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

GO SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    GO SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I was sure you were going to be rooting for Cindy!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

A healthier Bolts team would have prevailed in that series.

I like the Sharks in 6.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I know I've said I can't root for California teams, but there is no way I'm jumping on the PITT bandwagon. No way.

Let's go Sharks!

As mentioned above, my heart's with the Shark veterans, so put me down for them as well. In 6.

Funny story that may or may not have been posted. I'm not around enough and too lazy to look. I got a chuckle out of it, you may not.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ickets-w204505

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Apologies in advance.

https://medium.com/sportspickle/nhl-...09f#.hhzgg85aa
    "NHL Player Shot Dead After Child Falls Onto the Ice"

Finally the luck bug left the ice last night and the Sharks prevailed.

That wasn't luck...Murray was asleep on those last two SJ goals. If he continues to let in shots that you or I should stop the Sharks will come back and win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    That wasn't luck...Murray was asleep on those last two SJ goals. If he continues to let in shots that you or I should stop the Sharks will come back and win the series.
    The Sharks are missing too many easy shots.

They barely get any shots! And if they do they're usually blocked before it has a chance to get to Murray. Bastards.

Good to see SJ get back in it though. I think PITT has been the better team for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    They barely get any shots! And if they do they're usually blocked before it has a chance to get to Murray. Bastards.
    Yeah, they've got to put the puck on net more. Pens are killing them in the possession game and that's being shown in the shot totals for each game.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Yeah, they've got to put the puck on net more. Pens are killing them in the possession game and that's being shown in the shot totals for each game.
    As much as I hate to see the Pens success they are out-hustling the Sharks. Also, the Pens third and fourth lines are playing much better than Sharks bottom two. Hopefully, this win will wake the Sharks up. I heard on the news that Metallica is playing the National Anthem tonight and then donating the autographed instruments to charity

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...ead-game-four/

^^^Irrespective of shot counts, etc., the Pens are totally outplaying the Sharks in every way. 5 games is a compliment to the Sharks. Their disappointing play (or at least disappointing results) are reminiscent of the Annaheim/Ottawa final in 2007. That also went 5 games, but shouldn't have.

It's been a yawner of a final series, for myself at least. I mean, were the Blues so tough to beat that winning that series just sapped everything the Sharks have, really? Zero intensity on the part of both teams, really--the Pens are just making it look easy out there.