Page 21 of 402 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Even though it's the 'new and improved' Matt Cooke, I refuse to believe that was intentional.

Um . . . because the Devils are good?
    I hate to have to admit this, but your Devils are not just good, my friend...they're really, really good. As of right now I put them above the Bruins as Beast of the East.

Fuck, I need a shower now...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Are the FUCKING Blackhawks ever going to lose?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

^ As good as the Devils are, the 'Hawks are even better. I definitely need to check out more of their games.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Doubleheader on NHL network today starts at 3 PM EST with the battle of Florida

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Triple header if you pretend the Chicago/San Jose game on now isn't an encore. (Shhh. I didn't tell my wife it wasn't live.)

We're off to an oyster roast tonight, but I hope to be home in time to catch most of the NJ/NYI game. Surprisingly cold in the Low Country today with snow possible.

Well, as expected, the Sens were pretty hapless against a decidedly mediocre Leafs squad last night. I don't know if the Leafs let up in sympathy or from the hilarity of playing against what is basically an AHL team, but they did not put the hammer down - either on the scoreboard or in the fisticuffs department. I was pretty embarrassed for the Senators. There was a lot of 'wondering aloud' by the announcers about why MacLean kept putting all the rookies out last night, but now that I've considered it, I think this is his way of telling management that they need to make a trade or two if they have any intention of vying for a playoff spot. If they don't, I'm afraid there are going to be a lot more scoreless games the rest of the way. I would not recommend spending any money on a ticket to see these guys, except to see what is probably the best American born goalie in the game today - Craig Anderson.

On a happier note, I've been leading the office pool all week!

Thomas what the hell?! Usually after you beat us you go on to lose the next ten! Instead you bitchslap the Devils? I'm nervous...

And Jack...stop scoring so many goals!

And Ken...stop winning so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    And Ken...stop winning so much!
    First look I thought you typed whining ! Yes, the Blackhawks are playing well, but somewhere they will come have a letdown. Everyone forgets (not you Klonk since you had goalie Crawford in your fantasy) they were ahead of the league last year, and proceeded to lose 9 games in a row. The lockout helped the team as Hossa would have been unavailable with the concussion, and Toews may have not been 100%, as he missed plenty of games due to supposedly having concussion-like symptons. In fact, Toews' initiating the fight with Joe Thornton Friday night may have been a carryover from last year, as Thornton's blow to the head last year against Toews was considered to have given him the concussion, or whatever it was he had. The team is getting contributions from all four lines, and their defense and goal-tending has been rock-solid.

Turned off Shanon Bream's pretty face on Fox Newschannel to start watching the Pens / Sabres

Some Sunday afternoon hockey before the Crack the Sky show

BG

Just saw this on the pre-game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Hockey_in_Harlem

Completely kicks ass - the Harlem Rangers

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    And Jack...stop scoring so many goals!
    Hey it's a wonderful thing to have TWO lines that are actually a threat to score every time they're on the ice!

The Canes started the season 0-2 after getting waxed by the Florida teams, but since then they're 8-2-1. Not bad.

Pitkanen and Gleason are both banged up though. Skinner's out too, maybe concussed again. He did look dazed after getting hit in the Toronto game Thursday night.

Up to play Yves' boys tomorrow night.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Should be interesting. Canes been good lately and the Habs have regained a little of what they had 2 weeks ago.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I picked the Canes to win the SouthEast conference, so I'm happy to see them rounding into form. I figured they were better than their early poor record showed.

With Ottawa due to fall out of playoff contention this week (with three tough games in NJ/NY) maybe this is the year that both Montreal and Toronto make it to the dance.

On a related note, I think this may be Lindy Ruff's final year in Buffalo. They have the talent but they are seriously underachieving.

And Ryan Miller's whiny interviews are growing tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    I think this may be Lindy Ruff's final year in Buffalo. They have the talent but they are seriously underachieving.
    The city must be bumming bigtime

I covered it on business for about 15 years, and it was really very apparent that the "religion" had changed from the Bills to the Sabres at the end of my run

BG

This is an awful 5-on-3 by the Islanders.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Watching the Devils/Sens game. Broadcast is from the Canadian station. I didn't know you could get poutine at Wendy's . . .

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    I'll root for the Devils for my wife while she is at work and I'm down with the flu. Nice win by the Blues last night at Vancouver. Curious to see how long Allen holds up and the effect on Elliott.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Watching the Devils/Sens game. Broadcast is from the Canadian station. I didn't know you could get poutine at Wendy's . . .
    This is Canada, my friend. Poutine is our national food! We even have "Poutineries". Places that sell nothing but poutine, with an assortment of toppings that would blow your mind!

Let's see if the Flyers can hold a 3-goal lead today.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Esther, that being said, the first time I had chili-cheese fries, it was at the Brew Works in Bethlehem, PA and to be honest, it beat the shit out of poutine. I was shocked when they took it off the menu a few years ago and to this day, I have some lingering doubts that NEARFest is no more because of this terrible menu decision.

Wishing I had the NHL package this afternoon, although NHL Net has two games later on beginning 3 PM EST

BG

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Esther, that being said, the first time I had chili-cheese fries, it was at the Brew Works in Bethlehem, PA and to be honest, it beat the shit out of poutine.
    Having never had poutine, this doesn't surprise me. The pics I've seen of poutine look disgusting.