Page 215 of 403 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I'm going to assume Shaw said, "faggot" and to be honest...give me a fuckin' break. Sorry, but I'm tired of this over-sensitive horseshit. I've heard that word used so many thousands of times in my life. Was the player he said it to gay? If that's the case well then maybe there's an argument. If not...give me a break.

As for that Letang play...imagine if that was say Kevin Kline on Sidney Crosby. I think we know what would happen there.

Rangers only got like 4 shots on goal in the 3rd yesterday...yikes! The offense needs to step it up. Props to Pens for that choking defense, but cmon boys!
    Last edited by Klonk; 04-20-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The Rangers have a habit of, once they get a lead, lapsing into their pass-pass-pass, Fancy Dan, gotta-make-the-pretty-play mentality, instead of putting the puck on goal. Sure, it looks great the 5% of the time it works. But give me a dirty, loose-change rebound over a spin-o-rama, pirouette, fake-out that results in no shot every time.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    The Rangers have a habit of, once they get a lead, lapsing into their pass-pass-pass, Fancy Dan, gotta-make-the-pretty-play mentality, instead of putting the puck on goal. Sure, it looks great the 5% of the time it works. But give me a dirty, loose-change rebound over a spin-o-rama, pirouette, fake-out that results in no shot every time.
    Yeah I agree. Get a body in front of the damn goalie and get some dirty goals! Last night nobody was in there. Kreider should be there all the time. Nash was the only one attacking the net. Also I think Kevin Hayes is a complete waste of a roster spot. What say you?

The eons are closing
    Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Panthers deserved the game, especially their dominance in period 2. But most inconsistent ref-ing i have seen in playoffs so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Panthers deserved the game, especially their dominance in period 2. But most inconsistent ref-ing i have seen in playoffs so far.
    Should have watched the Caps/Flyers. Didn't watch much, was waiting for Buck to fuck up the O's game for a third in a row. The announcers said the officiating was really bad.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Flyers live to fight another day, with Neuvirth in net.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Here's a bizarre stat I just got from Alan Thicke.

Teams from California and Florida have won four Stanley Cups since the last Canadian team did it.

That's just wrong - drops mic, unlike that punk Kobe.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I must say...it is kinda nice getting the games started pretty quick with only having to sing one anthem

I still don't understand the need to sing the anthem(s) at league sporting events.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I've lived long enough to go from seeing un-helmeted players getting interviewed with cigarettes hanging from their lips, to seeing the league employing lip readers to assess penalties.

And just like that my hockey season is over. Both the Red Wings (NHL) and Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL) eliminated tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    And just like that my hockey season is over. Both the Red Wings (NHL) and Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL) eliminated tonight.
    Glad to hear, but there is still a lot of entertaining hockey left. Currently enjoying the Blues and Blackhawks game in OT #2

signed a long suffering Colorado Avalanche fan

I can't find anything on my Dish guide other than Flyers/Caps, which is worthless viewing. What bloody channels are the games on?

I never could get Directv to work properly but Dish is actually worse. My gods, I may have set the bloody thing to record the Wild/Stars and the Kings and Sharks game but I really don't know if anything will turn up. I don't know if these channels they are saying the games are on even exist.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Ranger fans...

They came back from 3-1 against PITT last year. I'm not giving up hope, but it looks bleak. I'm surprised how horrible they played last night...every player.

I know they came back in the past and you haven't eliminated an opponent until you win that 4th game but they are not generating any offense AND Lundqvist got pulled... Vigneault's facial expressions behind the bench are speaking volumes. Next game in Pittsburgh. I think they are done.

It's that magical time of year when I'm rooting so hard for the Rangers.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yeah, me too.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Glad to see the sharks not choke!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Meet the new Caps, same as the old Caps...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Meet the new Caps, same as the old Caps...
    It is so pathetic they even had to score for the Flyers. Next game they will trounce the shit out of them and wasted two games they could have been resting.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    it's not looking so good

Congrats Pens. Kept exploiting Lundquist's weakness and hit that top corner of the net over and over. Rangers started strong but didn't show that same intensity or urgency once the second period started. They looked spent just like they did in the 3rd period of game 4. Really thought this would be the best first round series, but it was far from that. Yesterday's games were all classics especially the 2 ot one that gives Brooklyn a chance to wrap it up tomorrow at their new home. The Ducks getting 3 unanswered to tie, then lose was really exciting too. Oh yeah, and that 44-11 shotfest was amazing. Rangers are done, but there's still nearly 2 months of NHL Playoff Hockey left. Lovin' it!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

PITT was simply the much better team. Bummed, but not really surprised to be honest. I'll also not be surprised to see some big names go bye bye in the off season.

Let's go Blues!

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    To quote a post from St Louis Game Time - I Guess That's Why They Call Them The Blues. It's like being the little brother who can never beat big brother. I hate the Red Wings with the passion of a million suns but I always have nothing but respect for the Hawks.