Page 212 of 402 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I agree about your prior assessment of Philly being a good story lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Spoken like a true Philly fan... No matter how your sports teams are doing, the Philly fan's job is to find fault with it.
    Oh, we're all enjoying it, believe me. And it's comforting to know that they're actually ahead of schedule, with several really good young players waiting in Juniors. But many of us have been begging for this approach for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    I agree about your prior assessment of Philly being a good story lol
    They're going to be a fun team to watch the next couple years.

That Duncan Keith play is pretty nasty. How many games will he get? Ten?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Well, we're going to find out very quickly how fair is the NHL in cases like this. A superstar, heading in to playoffs. Should be interesting

The eons are closing
    Chris Simon got 30 games....now he was a repeat offender.

Gotta be rest of season into playoffs....minimum 15 games.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Crazy race in the East! I think both Philly and the Isles will get in as wild cards and the Wings will chase Boston for 3rd in the Atlantic. Of course all these teams are bunched up and it'll probably come down to the last day of the regular season for a clear playoff picture to emerge in the East.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

And give credit to the NHL schedule-makers for giving us meaningful match-ups at the end of the season.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Whatta joke.... Keith gets only six games as a repeat offender
    Another NHL discipline fail.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Whatta joke.... Keith gets only six games as a repeat offender
    Another NHL discipline fail.
    I don't know about that. Not a Hawks fan. Leafs in fact, though I'll keep that to myself until they get better.

I didn't see the Keith stick swinging incident until I looked it up on Youtube. What I saw there was Coyle crosschecking Keith to the head. Coyle then slew-footed Keith to the ice. Keith lying prone on the ice, swung his stick recklessly and caught Coyle in the face.

Stupid hockey by both players, but it's a fast physical game and shit happens. I'd say 2 games each. The NHL sees it differently, so ok.

I didn't pick up on Keith's move being all that pre-meditated either. It was a gut reaction that really was a brain fart. As if he realised what a bonehead thing he was doing as it occurred. 6 games at this time of the year is a tough pill to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I didn't pick up on Keith's move being all that pre-meditated either. It was a gut reaction that really was a brain fart. As if he realised what a bonehead thing he was doing as it occurred. 6 games at this time of the year is a tough pill to swallow.
    I looked at the replay and it looked like he was just rolling over to get up and the stick was in the hand that was rolling over.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

wrong. Probably not wanting to hit him in the face, but he meant to hit him without question.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    wrong. Probably not wanting to hit him in the face, but he meant to hit him without question.
    Agreed! He's done shit like this before, so I give him no extra leeway. Imagine the suspension if he'd taken an eye out??
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The eons are closing
    Re: Keith
    Three time headshot offender. 5 games in 2012 for a nasty intentional elbow to Danial Sedins head, then his intentional retalitory stick work to the face of Jeff Carter cost Keith a game there. This should have been a minimum of 10 games, not a nice end of year rest prior to the playoffs.

Made it to the dance. We Want Cup.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yeah buddy! Hope McD's hand injury isn't serious. That would be devastating.

Watched all of the women's final last night, USA defeated Canada with about a minute to go in overtime 1-0. One of THE best games I've ever seen! Incredible hockey and really too bad that one of them had to lose!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The eons are closing
    Fuck yeah! I hear Lord Stanley calling!

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    My new end of season goal is to see BlueShirts as 8th seed.
    Here's to Thursday helping the cause! LOL

Fuck yeah! I hear Lord Stanley calling!

I believe it will be the year an Eastern Conference team wins the cup so if your Isles can make it to the Finals they have a serious chance..

2 more games for the Habs and then we bury this season in the past and never speak of it again. It'll be interesting to see what sort of off-season moves are made (or not made) here. I believe we have a nucleus of talent who have learned a valuable lesson this season and should come out better for it going forward. I'm on the fence about whether or not Therrien returns and whether or not I want him to. I was convinced he'd be fired come April 11 but I am not so sure anymore...

My new end of season goal is to see BlueShirts as 8th seed.
    Here's to Thursday helping the cause! LOL
    You Islander fans obsess over the Rangers more than you root for your own team Whatever makes you feel good buddy!

Real punishment for Keith would have been to play 30 mins a game for the last 5 meaningless games and then suspend for 2-3 playoff games lol. This is like a dream for him to get a rest heading into the dance. Thanks Obama!

Love those meaningless games ! Thank you , Carolina ! (Archie Bunker voice-) Oh Jeezzz , Stamkos is out along wit the top 2 defensemen, ohhhh..

The eons are closing
    LOL
    When its almost a generation since visiting the conference finals even, ya gotta get yer jollies from somewhere! x) lol

TBH, it is really more like a habit or tradition. My 'modern' venom is really for the Pens and Caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    You Islander fans obsess over the Rangers more than you root for your own team Whatever makes you feel good buddy!

Last game at Rexall Place for the Oilers tonight (post-game show with a bunch of old-timers appearing).

LOL
    When its almost a generation since visiting the conference finals even, ya gotta get yer jollies from somewhere! x) lol

TBH, it is really more like a habit or tradition. My 'modern' venom is really for the Pens and Caps.
    With the Caps with home ice and up 3-1 they said let's let them in since we can beat them.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!