Page 208 of 402 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Here's a story that made me chuckle...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ight-1.3485399
    LOL! Only in Canada, eh? Let's hope that the Supreme Court of Canada has more important issues than this to deal with.

Ottawa has done its part to help Toronto get the first overall pick (Austin Matthews) by sweeping their season series. Talk about hollow victories.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Exciting nooner at The Garden right now, Pens up 3-2 over NYR. Highlights = the MSG organist playing "Hoedown" & "Tarkus" during play stoppages.
    Stupidest moment, NBC announcer (Think it was "Doc"), "Crowd a little restless here." Well, duh, it's a freaking Sunday afternoon, 12:30pm start on a spring ahead, lose an hour of your Saturday night sleep game. Also pretty dumb of the NHL to schedule something like that, at least make it the 3pm game.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Exciting nooner at The Garden right now, Pens up 3-2 over NYR. Highlights = the MSG organist playing "Hoedown" & "Tarkus" during play stoppages.
    Stupidest moment, NBC announcer (Think it was "Doc"), "Crowd a little restless here." Well, duh, it's a freaking Sunday afternoon, 12:30pm start on a spring ahead, lose an hour of your Saturday night sleep game. Also pretty dumb of the NHL to schedule something like that, at least make it the 3pm game.
    I believe at one point, on ice were Crosby, Staals (Marc & Eric) and Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I believe at one point, on ice were Crosby, Staals (Marc & Eric) and Nash.
    LOL!

So we went to our local pub last night to partake in wings, bevvies, and the Leafs game. Of the appoximately 12 TVs in the bar, only one was on the Leafs. That says a lot about where Toronto stands this season. The season is over and everyone has quietly accepted it. In fact it looks like Canada's season is done. I don't think a Canadian team is in playoff contention.

The eons are closing
    F#%k yeah! Isles score three in last 10 minutes to beat Panthers, who really really outplayed the Isles for 50 minutes.

Hockey season coming to an end for us 'non playoff' teams. I'm not sure how much I will watch of the playoffs this year. I'll surely glance at a game or two but I won't plan my schedule around it. My girlfriend cannot even fake disappointment at the Habs not making it! She's ecstatic over the fact that I won't be watching much hockey in a few weeks time.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Hockey season coming to an end for us 'non playoff' teams. I'm not sure how much I will watch of the playoffs this year. I'll surely glance at a game or two but I won't plan my schedule around it.
    Same here. And it's not looking good for Toronto's lacrosse team to make the playoffs either. They're 3-7 with only 8 games left in the regular season.

GO JAYS GO!

Ottawa still has a 0.3% chance of getting in. "So there's a chance?"
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Hockey season coming to an end for us 'non playoff' teams. I'm not sure how much I will watch of the playoffs this year. I'll surely glance at a game or two but I won't plan my schedule around it. My girlfriend cannot even fake disappointment at the Habs not making it! She's ecstatic over the fact that I won't be watching much hockey in a few weeks time.
    Yup, it's ended up to be a very disappointing year. On the positive side, I coach my son's team and last Sunday we won the championship with a great playoff run. I watched a bit of the L.A./Chicago game last night and man, it makes you realize just how far "out" of contention a lot of teams are when you watch the speed, passing and positional play of two powerhouse teams like this.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I'm off to see the Toronto Maple Marlies play the Tampa Bay Lighting tonight. The best part is that I have a good excuse to wear my Sundin jersey!

GO LEAFS!

Another Habs loss...

Outstanding backhanded save last night by Tampa's Vasilevskiy. It's around the 14 second mark then repeated from a better angle at the end.

Crazy reflexes these guys have nowadays, eh?

Crazy reflexes these guys have nowadays, eh?
    Truly. My brain would have still been processing the puck flying past me. There is no way my body could ever react that quickly.

I'm sure at this point of their careers, a lot of it is just training and muscle memory. Still, an amazing skill and crazy save.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'd love to test a goalie's reflexes off the ice. You know, wait until he's in the kitchen making dinner or doing something equally mundane, and then just start throwing things at him to see if he even thinks before blocking them.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'd love to test a goalie's reflexes off the ice. You know, wait until he's in the kitchen making dinner or doing something equally mundane, and then just start throwing things at him to see if he even thinks before blocking them.
    Sounds like a Saturday Night Live sketch if somebody like Henrik Lundqvist was the host. "Samurai Goaltender!"

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Sounds like a Saturday Night Live sketch if somebody like Henrik Lundqvist was the host. "Samurai Goaltender!"
    Now I want to see this happen.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Flyers are getting smokin' hot at the right time, going 8-1-1 after beating the Blackhawks in Chicago last night to put themselves in a Wild Card spot. Penguins on Saturday, and one of my buddies got us tickets. Should be a bloodbath.

Yeah, Flyers are putting the Red Wings streak of consecutive playoff appearances to the test. Should be interesting going down the stretch. Habs won a chippy "who cares" game in Buffalo last night....

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Another Habs loss...

Took my son to see the Hockey Hall Of Fame yesterday in Toronto. Something we've been meaning to do for quite a while. Highly recommended if you haven't had the chance!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The HHOF was on my "to do" list when I was in Toronto a couple of years ago, but I never got around to going. I will make a point of going next time I am in Toronto.

The HHOF was on my "to do" list when I was in Toronto a couple of years ago, but I never got around to going. I will make a point of going next time I am in Toronto.
    I've been three times and loved it every time.