Page 206 of 402 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

He`s even wearing blue and white!

Though I cannot make any snide remarks this year as the Habs will be playing golf early....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You'll see a lot of crowd shots during the game where two apparently good friends, or a couple, will be wearing opposing shirts. It's all in good-natured fun because the games haven't meant anything in a long time. Should we meet in the playoffs though...
    The crowd shots are the same when the Sens and Leafs play. We won't be able to watch the game on Saturday. We'll be at a lacrosse game. But I'll be checking the hockey score during breaks in play.

Meet in the playoffs? Yeah, sure, maybe in 2020.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Even in replays I'm in disbelief that it didn't go in! Absolutely fantastic work there.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

CRAP! The Leafs traded James Reimer to San Jose today. That sucks. The only good thing about it is they've called up Garrett Sparks from the Marlies. Sparks has a very promising career. Hopefully, Babcock lets him play and gain lots of experience this season to prime him for next year.

Next to go will be Parenteau. Another player that I'll be sorry to lose.

Leafs are stripping down to the core so they can rebuild. Reimer had been discussed briefly here but the Habs will be sellers not buyers at the deadline.

Dealing Weisse and Fleischman show the Habs are selling although I thought Weisse was pretty good in a Montreal uniform. Keeping Bryon was a good move.

I expect the Sens to make very few moves. They are trying to unload Wiercioch and possible Chiasson. I doubt there's much interest in either of them around the league. Unfortunately, Chris Neil will once again be kept on, probably for another year.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Neil was indeed signed for one year.

Florida made a bunch of moves today acquiring Kindle from DET, Hudler from CGY and Purcell from EDM.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Really enjoy watching these outdoors games on my big tv while relaxing on comfy couch. Those seats on the field look like they're below the ice level and the ones upstairs look like they're a mile and a half away from the rink. Red Wings fans came out in droves judging by the cheering after that first goal. Even if they couldn't actually see it.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Dealing Weisse and Fleischman show the Habs are selling although I thought Weisse was pretty good in a Montreal uniform. Keeping Bryon was a good move.

I expect the Sens to make very few moves. They are trying to unload Wiercioch and possible Chiasson. I doubt there's much interest in either of them around the league. Unfortunately, Chris Neil will once again be kept on, probably for another year.
    The kid the Habs got for them is guy who was on Bergevin's radar when he was with the Hawks. Played a decent game yesterday. He's French Canadian so time will tell if he can deal with the pressure of playing in Montreal.

I knew the Habs would be sellers. They'll remain in the pack but there are just too many teams to leapfrog between them and 8th spot.

Eric Staal a Ranger?! Somebody hold me while I wait to see who we gave up...

...ok two 2nd rounders and Alexi Saarela (who I really like). I can live with this. Staal and Nash on a PP together sounds pretty nice.

Jack? You called it, buddy , but no Kreider. I think that Saarela kid is going to be a player though.

It wasn't a secret that NYR were REALLY interested in Staal. Nice pick-up for the Blue Shirts!

I suppose everyone has seen this by now https://www.facebook.com/NHL/videos/10153299048497466/
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

in all of my hockey years I have never seen a puck go there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I suppose everyone has seen this by now https://www.facebook.com/NHL/videos/10153299048497466/
    Nope, hadn't seen that. I'll say "that's hilarious" only because he wasn't hurt. What a weird thing to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...ok two 2nd rounders and Alexi Saarela (who I really like). I can live with this. Staal and Nash on a PP together sounds pretty nice.

Jack? You called it, buddy , but no Kreider. I think that Saarela kid is going to be a player though.
    Yeah, Eric had to go. This whole situation has been hanging over him and the Canes for too long. I think he may be energized in NY a bit though. He's still a good, smart, solid player and the chance to play for a contender alongside Marc may be just what he needs. It would've been nice to get some more immediate help, but Francis has done pretty well stockpiling these young players so it hopefully will pay dividends down the road a bit. And it should free up some cap space so that there's some room to make some offseason moves too.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Let's hope we have an exciting trade deadline day! Our French language sports network is dedicating their entire day's programming to it. I believe the Habs will be involved in at least one transaction today. One of these players will no longer be a Hab: Plekanec, Eller, Emelin.

50/50 chance that Yakupov has played his last game in Edmonton. He showed definite improvement early in the season but has fizzled over the past couple of months. Like Justin Schultz, I think the guy will find his footing with a change of scenery.

Let's hope we have an exciting trade deadline day! Our French language sports network is dedicating their entire day's programming to it. I believe the Habs will be involved in at least one transaction today. One of these players will no longer be a Hab: Plekanec, Eller, Emelin.
    Both English-language sports networks also have all day coverage.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

The NHL website isn't loading right. Anyone else having trouble?

If you're a TSN subscriber in Canada, you can stream Trade Centre Live, from the TSN site or their app. You need to log in using your cable provider password.

Mike Brown??

Sens need a centre now that they have shut down Kyle Turris for the foreseeable future with a high ankle sprain. His production has fallen off a cliff and one of the play-by-play guys on Rogers said he had never seen a hockey player limp on skates before. That's how bad he was, trying to gut it out.

The eons are closing
    3:08 p.m. -- TRADE -- Islanders acquire Shane Prince from Ottawa for pick

The New York Islanders made a small trade for some forward depth by adding forward Shane Prince and a seventh-round pick from the Ottawa Senators for a third-round pick.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    3:14 p.m. -- TRADE -- Bruins acquire Lee Stempniak from Devils
    The Boston Bruins nabbed a solid veteran to help boost the secondary scoring for the team by acquiring Lee Stempniak from the New Jersey Devils.

Stempniak has had a great season in New Jersey after signing with the team off of a tryout deal. He has 41 points in 63 games and has a lot of experience as a trade deadline pickup. Stempniak added to a forward mix that will also still include Loui Eriksson, who was not traded Monday, is going to help a scoring attack that is already quite strong.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Shane Prince has some offensive upside, but he kept dropping down the depth chart at the expense of others with less flashy stats in the AHL but were fundamentally better players. I hope he does well. He was a great junior player here in Ottawa. He is from northern New York State, Syracuse maybe.