Page 203 of 403 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Boy, I picked a good night to forget that there was a Bruins game on.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well, this didn't take long...

Attachment 6851
    Geez, with all the criticism this guy gets, you'd think he ruined Genesis or something!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Talk about conflicted fans - Ottawa Senator fans have hated this guy ever since he started playing in Toronto. Now we have to start cheering for him? What about all those great tilts with "Knuckles" Neil over the years. Man, those first few practices are going to be interesting. It will be funny to see some goof wearing a Sens' #2 sweater.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Talk about conflicted fans - Ottawa Senator fans have hated this guy ever since he started playing in Toronto. Now we have to start cheering for him? What about all those great tilts with "Knuckles" Neil over the years. Man, those first few practices are going to be interesting. It will be funny to see some goof wearing a Sens' #2 sweater.
    You don't have to cheer for him. Toronto never did.

Is there a Stamkos trade coming up ?

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Is there a Stamkos trade coming up ?
    I hope the Red Wings get him. I don't see him going to Toronto and never sniffing a Stanley Cup.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Phaneuf's first game for Ottawa...YOUCH!

Rangers back on track with 4 in a row, 6 out of the last 8. This is without Nash throughout and McD for the last 2. I like what I'm seeing.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Habs continuing their slide into oblivion... It's so much more than Price not being there. All sorts of rumours circulating here. One being that Subban is NOT a popular player in that dressing room. I expect big changes here in the off-season...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I wonder how may teams (successful and otherwise) have one or two A-holes that most of the team can't stand. I'm sure there are a few. The most recent example would be Evander Kane who got hazed in Winnipeg (I think they threw his suit in the shower) and now he missed a practice in Buffalo because he was partying at the NBA All-Star weekend in TO. I'm sure guys who take dumbass penalties that cost the team wins or guys that make a dirty hit that ends up coming back at other guys are hated by their teammates.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Subban doesn't do that though. He's just too much of a "star" now and a little too selfish on the ice. He makes mistakes that make his teammates look bad.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Subban doesn't do that though. He's just too much of a "star" now and a little too selfish on the ice. He makes mistakes that make his teammates look bad.
    His teammates don't need Subban to make them look bad this season. The whole team is doing a pretty good job of that on their own.

Yes but his gaffes make them lose 6-2 instead of 5-2 or 4-2.

Yves, I wasn't suggesting that's why he may not be liked by his teammates. I suspect you're right - that it's the star/hot dog/look at me aspect of his personality that rubs some people the wrong way. I was saying that there are multiple reasons why a team would turn on one of their own players. For example, if a guy starts a donneybrook and another player gets a broken orbital bone (or whatever), his mates are going to harbour some resentment to the rat who started the whole thing. That's where I was going with that.

So I was really thinking about the Linseman/Carcillo type players, rather than a highly skilled guy like Subban.

Habs continuing their slide into oblivion...
    Maybe they should sign up for the Quebec City pee-wee tournament. They could maybe win a game (doubt it).

They found a way to lose yet again... and it involved Subban making a risky play late in the game. He's under contract here for a long time so he's not going anywhere. Habs haven't looked this bad since the final days of the Jacques Martin era.... A healthy Price next season will definitely stabilize things but some major moves need to be made. I believe the Habs will be sellers come the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Slap some goalie pads on him and he would look just like vintage Hasek.

Yeah that was a bad sell job I will say though...taking a slash to the back of the knee hurts like FUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...hurts like FUCK!
    I think you're doing it wrong.

(Sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself.)

how 'bout this then...

...hurts like frying bacon naked!!

again...you're doing it wrong....

again...you're doing it wrong....
    good point

I have to make jokes... my team is a joke! I can barely watch the games anymore... I probably will skip the playoffs entirely this year. Nobody to root for as no Canadian cities will make it... Meanwhile the Panthers are kicking ass and nobody in Miami gives a flying fuck about them! Sad times for hockey...

Coach Therrien all but called out Subban for that play. Subban was benched the rest of the game. I wonder if Therrien has the balls to give PK a game or two in the press-box. I don't know if that will seal his firing or save it from happening. If this slide continues, Therrien will surely be fired.

I have to make jokes... my team is a joke! I can barely watch the games anymore... I probably will skip the playoffs entirely this year. Nobody to root for as no Canadian cities will make it... Meanwhile the Panthers are kicking ass and nobody in Miami gives a flying fuck about them! Sad times for hockey...
    Welcome to my world.

Don't worry, you get used to it.