Page 202 of 402 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Saturday is Hockey Day In Canada. Coverate starts on CBC at noon. 13 hours of hockey coverage.

2:00 Edmonton @ Montreal
    7:00 Toronto @ Ottawa
    10:00 Calgary @ Vancouver
    10:00 Winnipeg @ Colorado

This is one of the reasons that Quebec City needs a team. We need an even number of team to keeps those Americans out of our Hockey Day!

Holy crap you guys! I just noticed that this thread is over 5000 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Price should be shut down for the season. He should even get off skates for a few months. Habs have the nucleus of a good team but there's some dead wood on that roster. I was never a Therrien fan but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, right now, this team is just not responding. They are ATROCIOUS in their own end, coughing up the puck time and again. Everybody seems to be chasing the puck but nobody is sticking to their assignments. I place this on the coach. He has to go. There are plenty of quality men out there who would love the chance to coach the Montreal Canadiens.
    Well, I wasn't a fan of the Therrien hiring at the time either, but the fact is the Habs were one of the very worst teams in the league (28th overall) the season before his arrival, and he led them into the playoffs his first year and then to back-to-back 100-point seasons and three playoff series wins in the past two years. And all of that with a roster which never really looked playoff-calibre on paper. In four seasons he has a 149-88-27 record with a team that was expected to be in full "rebuilding mode" the whole time, so I can't go along with all the sudden coach-bashing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Well, I wasn't a fan of the Therrien hiring at the time either, but the fact is the Habs were one of the very worst teams in the league (28th overall) the season before his arrival, and he led them into the playoffs his first year and then to back-to-back 100-point seasons and three playoff series wins in the past two years. And all of that with a roster which never really looked playoff-calibre on paper. In four seasons he has a 149-88-27 record with a team that was expected to be in full "rebuilding mode" the whole time, so I can't go along with all the sudden coach-bashing this season.
    P.S. And why no criticism of Bergevin, who has done basically nothing to make the team better in four years? The only player of consequence acquired during his tenure has been Galchenyuk, drafted third overall in 2012 and kind of a no-brainer as he was considered a consensus top five pick in every scouting report and mock draft around.

Everyone in this thread needs to read this...The Legend Of John Scott in storybook form. Not only is it extremely well done, but it has a great moral.

http://www.katyapolo.com/essays/2016/2/3/john-scott

That's awesome!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

And then there's this little Therrien gem for my favourite Habs fan.

therrien.jpg

Fark me, the Habs just one one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Fark me, the Habs just one one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean "WON" one.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

All of a sudden I'm watching hockey. Panthers/Penguins on now. There ya go. I'm rooting for the home team. Jumping on the bandwagon.

It's about freakin' time, Vic! Panthers are playing great hockey.

Rangers score with 12 seconds left in regulation to tie, then go on to beat Philly in a shootout. Got heavily outplayed in the 2nd, but took over the 3rd.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    All of a sudden I'm watching hockey. Panthers/Penguins on now. There ya go. I'm rooting for the home team. Jumping on the bandwagon.
    Yes it's a bandwagon jump but that's OK. I hope you find something to enjoy in the game and become a fan. Welcome!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

And by the way, Vic, it's customary for the newbies to buy the old-timers a pint.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

We lost. We were up 2-0 and we blew it. It's a good sport but it's sort of like watching soccer. It's fun to watch when you're around real hockey fans. There are a lot down here. Funny thing is that you won't see hockey in sports bars unless you ask them to put the game on. People have been so indifferent about the Panthers down here for almost a couple of decades, plus with all the attention placed on our NBA team you've got a younger generation of kids who don;'t even know what hockey is. God, 84 regular season games? How do these guys take that much punishment over that many games? Then the playoffs are all best-of-7 series. You really gotta have it in your blood.

After his horrible start to the season Sidney Crosby quietly snuck into the top ten scorers for the first time last night, and it looks like he will probably move into the top five by the end of the month.

How old is Yaromeer Jagr (I know I'm spelling it wrong)? I heard someone say he's 45?

Jaromir Jagr will be 44 in a week.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Jeezuz, 44 and still banging busting heads.

He lost a couple of teeth the last time he played Ottawa. That he still has teeth to lose is a bit of a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Jeezuz, 44 and still banging busting heads.
    Still a ways to go to catch Chris Chelios (48 when he retired) or Gordie Howe (52).

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Wow. What a bizarre trade. Ottawa unloads a couple of guys who they were paying to either play in the minors (Greening) or not at all (Cowen) for a what, $7M/year punching bag. Toronto gets a prospect with some offensive skill (Lindberg) and a 2nd rounder, whereas Ottawa got some guys to play in the AHL and one junior player with some potential. I never thought I'd see these two teams make a meaningful trade. I'm curious to see where Phaneuf gets slotted into the lineup. I doubt he will play with Karlsson so I guess he slides into the 3rd spot and gets 2nd unit PP time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming!

Buh bye Pylon, um, I mean Dion.

I just thought that I would share my husband's response to the trade news...

Quote Originally Posted by FA's hubby
    I don’t really know any of the Ottawa (now Toronto) players that are coming over so I don’t know if it’s a good deal or not. Time will tell. I wonder what will happen tomorrow when the GM for Ottawa sobers up and realizes what he’s done. I’ve always said “don’t trade when you’re drunk”.
    I already miss Phaneuf. They never should have traded him.
    His comment about missing Phaneuf is pure, unadulterated, sarcasm.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-09-2016 at 02:42 PM.