Page 19 of 403 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Do you like, Scrivens, Lino?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    When some of my Isles buddies found out that we have difficulty making the 'floor'; they were completely stooopified!

While I acknowledge that the Isles are not as good as they looked two weeks ago and not as bad as the last week+ of games; in this short season, one bad week (given that most teams now play at least 4 games a week) is a season crusher and when the flaw is so integral (e.g. lack of defense); it does not bode well.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Lino
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Do you like, Scrivens, Lino?
    You know what Scott, he's done the job this season relatively well. His teammates like him and he did lead a team to the AHL championship finals last year. However, he still looks a bit shakey/nervous. Reimer is much more steady, solid, under control, especially with not letting out rebounds. Scrivens is a bit of a scrambler. last night in relief, he was getting standing O's...but when you saw the replays in slow mo, he was very lucky in a few cases. lol His D were scooping pucks underneath him when he didn't know where it was.

If you're asking in regards to a quick pick up for a fantasy team or something...the way the Leafs D are playing right now...I might be able to lace the pads back up and pick up a win or two.

Nah, wasn't for Fantasy. I was just curious. With the Rangers, I love Marty Biron. Obviously he doesn't play much, but when he gives Hank a break, he's always up for the task. Not to mention he's a great dude and fantastic teammate who knows and is happy with his role.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Lino
    I always liked Biron. Good back-ups like that are GOLD these days. Usually if they're tooo good, they want to leave to get playing time, could even fuck up chemistry. It's nice when there's a veteran, who understands his role and is mentally ready when his team needs him.

It's a tough call now that the Leafs are 8-5 and look pretty good. Otherwise, I'd say ride it out with Scrivens, good or bad, because the kid has to grow and gain experience some time. But I'm sure there's a bit of pressure on the organization now that Leaf nation is about to self combust with giddiness.

Yeah, I always thought Biron was a classy guy. Seems to handle a difficult role very well.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

2 weeks ago hockey ruled! Last week hockey sucked! The verdict is still out on this week...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Lino
    Right now every Leaf fan is like Ray Lewis before a big football game.

I do my share of Leaf bashing here but I'd like to see them go deep in the playoffs and maybe win a Cup in the next few years. My mom's in her 70s now and she deserves to see them win one! As some of you know I own a duplex and she lives in the upstairs flat. On saturday she and my girlfriend took me out for an early birthday dinner. She was totally decked out in Leaf apparel! I then decided to watch the game with her in her apartment. I barely had time to settle into her couch that it was already 1-0 Leafs! By the time I poured myself a dram, it was 2-0! I knew it was gonna be a loooooong night!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    2 weeks ago hockey ruled! Last week hockey sucked! The verdict is still out on this week...
    So true....
    Forgot your b-day was February as well. Sounds like you had fun...or at least a drink or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    But I'm sure there's a bit of pressure on the organization now that Leaf nation is about to self combust with giddiness.
    Oh Lino, Lino, Lino...have you learned nothing in your years devoted to Leaf Nation? This is how it always begins. The season starts strong and we all get our hopes up, living in the Penthouse. And then around the halfway mark, when it really starts to count, they just pull the rug from under us and we begin the long and painful descent into the basement.

Leafs Nation has turned me into a cynic. I'm just dying for them to prove me wrong!

Happy Birthday Yves!

Lino
    I knoooowwwwww, I knowwwww. I'm hopeless Esther, hopeless!

Yves, great story. Enjoy these times with your mom.

Right now every Leaf fan is like Ray Lewis before a big football game.
    Hosting parties and obstructing an investigation into your friends for murder?!!!!

Yves, great story. Enjoy these times with your mom.
    Yes...This is why she lives where I can keep an eye out on her. At least we weren't watching the game in the "Room-O-Leafs". She has a spare room entirely dedicated to the Leafs, with calendars on the walls, a hockey puck calendar, throw on the couch, etc.. all bearing the blue Maple Leaf on them.

Lino
    Room-O-Leafs: I don't know how a such a smart classy woman spit out something like,......you.

The eons are closing

Woe is me

Well, the Senators are toast now that Erik Karlsson is finished for the season, thanks to Matt Cooke lacerating his Achilles Tendon with his skate blade. The real question is if he will ever be the same again. I guess it depends on how severe the cut is. I'm afraid Karlsson was pretty much the only reason to watch the Sens this year, as they are a bunch of anonymous pluggers. With Karlsson and Spezza out for the rest of the season, there's not much to get excited about.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 02-14-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added title

The eons are closing
    53% of the teams make the playoffs...I think the Sens have a good chance.

Room-O-Leafs: I don't know how a such a smart classy woman spit out something like,......you.
    I defected....

I grew up a huge Leafs fan and followed the team religiously until the mid-80s.

The eons are closing
    Just $$$ on the Isles to beat the Rangers...

And I am not even high yet!

Hockey's looking pretty good again this week...

The eons are closing
    This morning is a good morning!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    This morning is a good morning!
    Big win for your Islanders ....Tavares is incredible he was all over the ice

Tough shootout loss for the Rangers in an otherwise exciting game with constant end to end action right to the end.

Really love the NY rivalry games very reminiscent of the Jets-Giants and Mets-Yankees

Rangers power play is hideous.....Torts has got to get it figured out!