Page 194 of 402 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

...and underrated Kevin Klein is!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Another night, another pummeling... I think the Habs are in need of a major trade. One that would involve a bone fide number 2 goalie and someone who can put the f***ing puck in the f***ing net!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Ottawa's free-fall continues. Injuries are piling up, shots allowed are off the charts (38 last night against the Panthers), penalties are common because they are always chasing the play. Some great goaltending has helped and they get their shit together long enough to play a good period now and then and win a game. The cupboard is basically bare in the minors, so this is a budget team that has seen the top of its form late last season and are now sinking down to where they ought to be.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 12-23-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Panthers are playing real well right now.

Rangers get a nice win last night against another struggling team (Ducks) Good to get this win before Christmas break. Hopefully its a nice confidence booster and the new year will bring many, many wins!

Merry Christmas to all my hockey fan friends here!

Simmonds headed to Les Habitants?

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Simmonds headed to Les Habitants?
    I'm hearing that, too. They have the "trade freeze" on now, so they can't announce anything until the 28th, but that's the rumor.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Wow! That will be a huge move for Montreal. MUCH needed gritty power forward with scoring ability. I'd be pissed if I were a Flyer fan if this happens. Depending on the return of course.

I'm hearing about it here! Will have to investigate! Simmonds has always been a Hab-killer so it'd be great to see him on our team! I was saying the Habs need to make a trade!

Darn it, how can I hate PK Subban when he does stuff like this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...142334508.html

And on top of that, now I've got something in my eye.

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by headcrash; 12-24-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Yeah he seems like a great dude off the ice. Does a lot for the community On the ice though...he's a douche

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Another night, another pummeling...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    That is funny.

Could they do it for the Bruins now? Tonight was the most sorry 3rd period in memory. (Or maybe it was the greatest Sabres 3rd period ever.)

I watched the Habs/Caps game last night. I have to tell you, it was one of the fastest games I have ever seen. The hand-eye coordination and sheer reflexes these players showed was off the charts. The Caps are a really good team this year, and they're nothing like the plodding, boring teams that Trotz used to coach in Nashville. And most interestingly, the Caps are no longer just about Ovechkin and Backstrom. This Russian kid they have is going to be a good one.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

NYR have Girardi & Klein back tonight against Nashville. Hopefully that'll help stop the bleeding. The young D-man McIlwrath is showing signs that he may be possibly be a keeper, but he's no Girardi at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    NYR have Girardi & Klein back tonight against Nashville. Hopefully that'll help stop the bleeding. The young D-man McIlwrath is showing signs that he may be possibly be a keeper, but he's no Girardi at this point.
    He's not 'possibly' a keeper. He IS a keeper. The kid has gotten better each game and has added a much needed physical boost to the team. Not to mention he has a rocket of a shot. I'm pissed he's sitting tonight although I'm happy Girardi and Klein are back. Moreso for Klein because Girardi has been pretty awful this year. Of course that may have a lot to do with his injury. We'll see. Honestly, though Boyle has added some PP points lately, I'd rather see him sit and MacIlrath play. He and Yandle were starting to look like a great pair. Dare I say shades of Leech/Beukeboom.

Kreider and Hayes...it's time to go. I'm tired of waiting for these guys to "find their game". When's the trade deadline again?

HABS WIN! HABS WIN!

Finally got back into the "W" column! Big game tonight against the surprising Panthers. I believe Scrivens (?!) will be in net tonight! Didn't the Habs get Kassian in a trade for Prust? The guy never played a game for us and now we trade him for Scrivens? That means we traded Prust for Scrivens... Not one of Bergevin's better moves...

Scrivens used to be with the Leafs. And, as is the Leafs MO, because he was playing well they traded him. It was a goalie swap...Scrivens for Bernier. I hated that trade then and I still do. On paper it was a pretty even swap so I never understood the trade, there must have been something going on off the ice that prompted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    On January 29, 2014, Scrivens set the NHL record for most saves by a goaltender in a regular season shutout, stopping 59 shots from the San Jose Sharks during 60 minutes of regulation time, leading the Oilers to a 3–0 victory. Scrivens also set an Oilers franchise record in the process for most saves in a game, surpassing the previous record of 56 set by Bill Ranford in 1993,[16] and, at the time, moved into first place in save percentage among qualified goaltenders for the 2013–14 season.
    Scrivens is a good goalie. I think he could really shine on the right team with the right coaching.

May he prove to be a solid back-up for Price... I remember him as a Leaf but I couldn't recall if my mom liked him or not. Knowing how she feels about Bernier I have to assume that she did not like that trade when it occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Kreider and Hayes...it's time to go. I'm tired of waiting for these guys to "find their game". When's the trade deadline again?
    Hear that sound? That's the Rangers' window slamming shut.

I was sorely disappointed when Dec 28 rolled around and the Habs hadn't made the Simmonds trade...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    May he prove to be a solid back-up for Price... I remember him as a Leaf but I couldn't recall if my mom liked him or not. Knowing how she feels about Bernier I have to assume that she did not like that trade when it occurred.
    Your mother sounds like a very wise woman.

We currently have 2 overpaid and useless boat anchors on D (Girardi & Staal) doing nothing but making snow angels on the ice. Their poor play has now led to Henrik playing like crap. He looks shell shocked. And we also have a coach who thinks it's a good idea to play Glass and sit Etem and Wrath. Yeah...our window is closing FAST.

Prediction...we lose 6-1 in Tampa tonight.

Habs go back to their losing ways, but against a very good Panthers team, and despite Scrivens best efforts.... I hope Therrien goes with him for the Winter Classic.

Sens/Bruins are developing a real hate for each other. Back-to-back games certainly helps, as does having a POS like Marchand in the mix. He's up for supplemental discipline for low-bridging Borowiecki. There was a spearing incident and Borowiecki had his gloves off with Chara. Chara threw him to ice and informed in very plain language that he is lucky that Chara is such a nice guy, because otherwise, he'd be dead. Oh, BTW, the Bruins killed the Sens 7-3. The Sens kept taking bad penalties and I think the Bruins had 4 PP goals. They play again on Jan 9th. Should be a dandy.