Page 193 of 402 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Shayne Gostisbehere is cash money in OT.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Babcock's ego may have bitten off more than his coaching skills can pay. Detroit seems to be doing fine without him...
    Well it certainly wouldn't be the first time the Leafs gave an overinflated contract to someone who doesn't deserve it (I'm looking at you Dion Phaneuf). But on the other hand, a good coach is going to leave an impression on his players long after he's gone. I wouldn't expect Detroit to fall apart only a few months after a coaching change any more than I would expect the Leafs to turn around and become playoff worthy in the same timeframe. If Babcock is all he's cracked up to be, Detroit will continue to be good until the Babcock coached players are gone and the Leafs will be rebuilt as promised. Both will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Shayne Gostisbehere is cash money in OT.
    Best Florida-born NHL'er - ever.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Well it certainly wouldn't be the first time the Leafs gave an overinflated contract to someone who doesn't deserve it (I'm looking at you Dion Phaneuf). But on the other hand, a good coach is going to leave an impression on his players long after he's gone. I wouldn't expect Detroit to fall apart only a few months after a coaching change any more than I would expect the Leafs to turn around and become playoff worthy in the same timeframe. If Babcock is all he's cracked up to be, Detroit will continue to be good until the Babcock coached players are gone and the Leafs will be rebuilt as promised. Both will take time.
    That's a good attitude, after so many years of being on the outside, looking in.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Best Florida-born NHL'er - ever.
    2015 stats:

Sidney Crosby:
    GP: 29 G: 6

Shayne Gostisbehere:
    GP: 15 G: 6

My case is rested, Your Honor
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Holy shit did Quick put on a show last night! to paraphrase Jon Bon Jovi, he 'saw a million pucks...and he stopped them all'! Price at his best could do no better than that performance!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers have won 3 of their last 12
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The hockey gods are not being kind to the Leafs. Goalie Reimer is out with a lower body injury. Goalie Sparks is out with a lower body injury. Goalie Bernier is the only guy left who is healthy enough to play and his record now stands at 0-8-3. Bernier's last NHL win was April 5. That's right...8.5 months ago. The Leafs could use a Christmas Miracle right about now.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    They wiped out Tom Wilson's ridiculous match penalty and canceled any plans to suspend him. Talk about penalizing somebody by reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Rangers have won 3 of their last 12

Habs have lost 7 of their last 9, and none of them in OT so no grabbing that cheap point....

As long as we are lamenting the lack of fortunes of our teams, let me present exhibit A, the Carolina Hurricanes. A team that can go on the road, out west and win 3 of 4, win in LA or San Jose or wherever, but can't for the life of 'em beat a team in their own conference or division, at home or on the road. Shut out last night by the Panthers. It wouldn't be so frustrating if I hadn't kinda known, going in, that something like that would happen.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Habs have lost 7 of their last 9, and none of them in OT so no grabbing that cheap point....
    Luckily for both of our teams, they had such great starts and piled on points! I think we'll both be ok.

Meanwhile, Washington is on FIRE!

John Scott leading the votes for All-Star game. And here I thought hockey fans were somehow less fucked up than those of other sports. My bad.

Not only did Bernier get his first win of the season tonight, but he got a shutout with a 5-0 win. The Leafs scored 4 in the third with 3 goals in 4 minutes! Unreal.

I hope it give Bernier some of his confidence back. I'm sure it feels great for him to get that first win out of the way.

So I guess if you have a great goaltender, you have a great team. If he goes out with a injury, said team now sucks.

#MissingCareyPrice
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Meanwhile, Washington is on FIRE!
    They burnt us good tonight. After we got 3 unanswered to lead after one, Caps put 6 straight in to embarrass us at home.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    So I guess if you have a great goaltender, you have a great team. If he goes out with a injury, said team now sucks.

#MissingCareyPrice
    Habs issues are more than missing Price. That said, he'd steal a point for you here and there and it would keep your team's confidence level high. Habs right now making every opposing goalie look like a Vezina candidate, while their own goalie lets a few past him and that shifts the momentum to the opponent.

...sounds very familiar, Yves. Rangers are in a December freefall.

Habs issues are more than missing Price. That said, he'd steal a point for you here and there and it would keep your team's confidence level high. Habs right now making every opposing goalie look like a Vezina candidate, while their own goalie lets a few past him and that shifts the momentum to the opponent.
    Their powerplay has really cooled off. That was also their problem in past years.

its no secret they are an average team without the goaltender.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    its no secret they are an average team without the goaltender.
    I think they're better than average but they're not the juggernaut they appeared to be after the first 10-12 games. They were scoring an average of 4 goals per game. At that rate Price could miss the enitre season and they'd still be winning.

I think they are a very fast team, but are lacking an elite scorer. (How good would Stamkos fit in with the Habs?)

Teams have learned to counter the powerplay - witness Subban's and Markov's numbers are way down.

...sounds very familiar, Yves. Rangers are in a December freefall.
    AV HAS to be blamed. Promoting Glass and DE-moting Zuke to the 3rd line?!?!! And then putting Glass out on the PP with Fast????

The man is either completely insane OR he wants out of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    AV HAS to be blamed. Promoting Glass and DE-moting Zuke to the 3rd line?!?!! And then putting Glass out on the PP with Fast????

The man is either completely insane OR he wants out of NYC.
    It wasn't a promotion If that were the case I'd agree! think AV doing that with Glass was just a jab a at the top 2 lines who have done nothing this month. Most notably Floater...I mean Kreider. This guy has all the tools to be a monster power forward, but does nothing except hang up ice waiting to use his speed for a breakout pass. He did have a nice goal last night and shows what he's capable of. Zuke going down to 3rd line was probably just to get that line going. Something had to be tried because nothing else is working. Defense is the atrocious. I have never seen so many opposing players left open in front of Henrik.

I'm not going to hate on AV yet. I think he's a good coach.

^^^Shows how unappreciated Dan Girardi is?