Page 192 of 403 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I know you're all in Scott.... Hockey isn't huge in the USA but those Americans who "get it" are every bit as rabid as Canadian fans! I can't ever meet anyone from Boston who, upon knowing I'm from Montreal, feels COMPELLED to talk hockey with me!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I've been busier than hell too but, on the nights I'm at home, I manage to catch at least a couple of games, Oilers or not.

Wings 7-0-3 in the last 10. And is it too early to mention Dylan Larkin as Rookie of the Year? The 19 year-old is dynamic, with 11 goals, 21 points and a league-leading +/- of +19. The Wing's ability to draft has always amazed me -- there were 14 players taken ahead of him in the 2014 draft.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I'm still watching hockey. It's mostly (still very) frustrating to try watching the Canes (who will be the last team in the league to reach 10 wins, mark my word), but I love catching the late west coast games at night after work.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

The Leafs played a great game last night and Sparks pulled off his second win stopping 27 out of 28 shots against. That's good for the kid and the team to build confidence, with Reimer being injured again. They play again on Tuesday and then they have a full week off with their next game being the following Tuesday. WTH is that all about?

The week off should give them a chance to heal a few injuries so that they can hopefully finish the year off with a healthy team. But it sucks for me personally because I won't be around to watch either of those Tuesday games. The next Leafs game for me won't be until December 17th. I can feel the withdrawal symptoms setting in already.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    I'm still watching hockey. It's mostly (still very) frustrating to try watching the Canes (who will be the last team in the league to reach 10 wins, mark my word), but I love catching the late west coast games at night after work.
    Canes did a number on us yesterday...That was one of the Habs worse performances of the year. Condon will not steal games the way Price does so the Habs better step it up a notch if they don't want teams like Detroit or Ottawa passing them in the standings...

Not to belittle the victory by the Rangers last night, but I think the entire Ottawa organization was just relieved that Kyle Turris was able to play after being helped off the ice the night before. The wipeout he had looked like one of those that NFL linemen get when they get rolled over. Also, it was a back-to-back situation where they played at home the night before and flew in after the game. I think they have only won once in the second game of back-to-backs so far this year. Anyway, Lundquist made some great stops and Ottawa took a couple of penalties in the first that put them in a hole they weren't able to climb out of. Three more tough games coming up this week against hot teams - Florida, TB and the Habs.

One other interesting stat - Erik Karlsson played 33 minutes of a 60 minute game after playing 27 minutes in an overtime game the night before (in which he scored the winner). Unreal!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

not taking it as belittling at all! I agree. Rangers were in a similar situation with playing a lot of games in a short amount of time. Those penalties early killed you though. Rangers played a real good 1st period. One of the better periods in a while, Ott. took over end of 1st through pretty much the whole 2nd and I thought defensively Rangers were lights out in the 3rd. Henrik was great, but so was Anderson! Nothing he could do to save those goals. That team of yours is real solid, man. Bobby Ryan seems to have found his stride. Karlsson is not human.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Habs are in a bit of a free fall right now. Can"t score more than a goal a night! Not gonna cut it, even if Price were healthy! The rest of the division will eventually catch up. They've got a huge road trip coming up, as the Bell Centre is booked solid over Christmas and New Year's with concerts.

Rangers in a scoring drought too. I hate to take a page out of Shadow's delusional rants on officiating, but Rangers got screwed last night. Played an awesome game up until a bogus delay of game penalty which changed the whole complexion of the game. Pissed me off mostly because I hate the later starts of West coast games I waited until 1AM to be disappointed!

I believe the next game at EDM will be honoring Glenn Sather. Right Brian?
    Last edited by Klonk; 12-10-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Yeah, the Oilers have been promoting the Sather ceremony consistently through social media for a few weeks now.

Sens are having no problem scoring (well, except that blanket of hockey team named the Rangers). Mike Hoffman got demoted to the second line after the team had taken about 15 shots on net in the first two periods against the Panthers. He ends up scoring the game winner, effectively telling the coach that it was dick move to demote him.

Hoffman is real bargain - he's earning $2M (that was his arbitration award over the summer) and he's currently at 15 goals and 12 assists in 24 games. No doubt he will be getting a major pay raise this summer.

Speaking of bargains, let's bid Alex Semin a fond farewell from the NHL. I understand he's already been signed by a team in the KHL.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

A few rings in this picture:

CV6q83SWUAESztC.jpg

The most Cups ever assembled in one place must have been when the Habs were celebrating their 100th anniversary and had a pre-game skate of just about every living Habs player who could still lace 'em out on the ice.

Watching this will help ease the pain that the Habs have now dropped 4 in a row.

EDIT: You'll notice they're wearing their white shirts. That's because when I was a kid the home team wore their whites and the road teams wore they're coloured shirts. I can't recall in what year they changed that.
    Last edited by Yves; 12-11-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Montreal Canadians sing "Let it Go."

Enjoy this screenshot.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

EDIT: You'll notice they're wearing their white shirts. That's because when I was a kid the home team wore their whites and the road teams wore they're coloured shirts. I can't recall in what year they changed that.
    When I was a kid, the home teams wore home whites, or their lighter colored jersey. I absolutely hate the change, and would like to see the League go back to the old way. I'm not sure why the change was made, (following the NFL instead of MLB?,) but without a major outcry from the fans, I don't expect it to happen. Has there ever been a fan poll on which they prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Enjoy this screenshot.

You'd think one of them could sing! And yeah, that screen shot is just...disturbing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Enjoy this screenshot.

As a fan of music and a fan of hockey, let me just say that was one of the worst things I've seen in my entire life! LOL!

I give them each a ton of credit for the effort though.

Habs finally get back on track. Tokarski is looking like he will be the guy going forward, until Price's return...

I've never seen Craig Anderson lose it, like he did on Saturday night. That's how bad Ottawa played. Habs had 27 shots on net in the first period alone! I think they had 40 for the game. They only scored 3. Yves, I wouldn't be ecstatic about that shooting percentage.

For whatever reason, the Sens have been dressing 11 forwards and 7 defence the past few games. They have a spare forward on the roster, but have decided to try this experiment. It's not working. They have a former first round pick on defence who is playing so poorly, he would have been sent to the press box or exposed to waivers, if the team wasn't so damned proud. Jared Cowen has proven himself to not be an NHL calibre hockey player, but the team still trouts him out as their #4 defenceman. His +/- isn't bad. Watching him struggle with his positioning is bad and worse, when the puck is on his stick. The team is in a bit of turmoil right now, and they have some tough opponents coming up this week. Could be a change of the guard in the Eastern Wild-Card race.

Habs do throw a lot of pucks directly at the goalie, for sure... They just needed to win one again. That game levelled off in the second half. Thankfully the Habs had their requisite 3 goals by then.

Rangers...very bad December so far. Derek Stepan is sorely missed as is Kevin Kline. Every year it seems they hit a rut this month...hope it turns around soon. One bright spot in the West trip has been Dylan McIlrath.

Habs drop another one against a team they shouldn't... One goal per game just isn't going to cut it, even when Price returns...

Bernier was the starting goalie for the Leafs last night after spending a couple of weeks in the minors, where he had three shutouts. But the Leafs lost in OT last night which puts Bernier's NHL record this season at 0-8-2. I don't think that Babcock is a very happy camper.

Babcock's ego may have bitten off more than his coaching skills can pay. Detroit seems to be doing fine without him...