Page 185 of 402 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I was playing off your statement that they were gonna be stars...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

yes, I know this, Yves. Give me some credit...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Well... you are a Rangers fan...

Oh no he di'int!!!

It took 231 pages, but I think we are about to get our first PE hockey fight!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Me fighting Scott would be about the equivalent of Gallagher fighting Chara....

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Me fighting Scott would be about the equivalent of Gallagher fighting Chara....
    You could take him out with the Sledge-O-Matic!
    Oh, sorry. Wrong Gallagher.

I'm easy to beat. Just yell, "look boobies!" and point behind me. I WILL turn and it will be an easy KO.

Have the Habs had a better start since the 70's (and that season where they only lost 8 games)??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Hugues, this is their best start ever. I believe that they will lose at least one of their next three though. They have a western Canada road trip and they usually struggle out there.

Vancouver - Edmonton - Calgary in four days, uh??
    Then Winnipeg and Ottawa (ouch)

After the Leafs (Saturday), they'll have played all the Canadians teams in a row...

Sounds indeed like those Albertans will be out for blood after progressist Trudeau eradicated retrograde Harper
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Hugues, this is their best start ever.
    Selfish Habs, winning all their games in regulation and denying their fans the excitement of 3-on-3 overtime!

Here's a mental image to consider:

Old Michel Therrien and Old John Tortorella facing each other in 3-on-3 OT? Imagine whose head explodes first (a la Cronenberg's Scanners)!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Seriously, hat's off to the Habs. What an outstanding start to the season. Four solid lines, decent depth on defence and stellar goaltending (first year in a while that the backup isn't a sieve). If they stay relatively injury free, this could be a very dominant team.

Also, nice to see my man Plekanec off to a good start after getting a two-year contract extension.

I'm off to the Leafs/Coyotes game tonight. Maybe I'll get to witness the Leafs 2nd win of the season!

Yikes, Esther! Coyotes play an ultra-boring style of defensive hockey to compete. Hopefully the game opens up for ya.

Yo scottbails, those two snipes by Gagner and Giroux in the shootout the other night were unbelievable. Especially Giroux's. I don't think I have ever seen Henrik get so toasted...ever! Impressive. Although we actually won that game in regulation

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Pre-season Cup favourite Anaheim has 1 win, has been shut out 3 times, and has scored just 6 goals total in 6 games.
    And now it's up to 5 shutouts and 6 goals in 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yo scottbails, those two snipes by Gagner and Giroux in the shootout the other night were unbelievable. Especially Giroux's. I don't think I have ever seen Henrik get so toasted...ever! Impressive. Although we actually won that game in regulation
    They were saying here that Gagner really impressed Giroux, so he was trying to one-up him.

No idea of what you're talking about - the game was tied.

Maybe Hakstol is the answer to the Flyers' shootout woes? Time will tell.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yikes, Esther! Coyotes play an ultra-boring style of defensive hockey to compete. Hopefully the game opens up for ya.
    You were so right Scott! What a fucking boring game that was. The Leafs slept through the 2nd period. Can't say I blame them, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open too. It picked up in third...too little too late for the Leafs.

Oh well, at least it was free. One of our suppliers invited me. And we got to see Max Domi play and score Arizona's first goal. I'm sure that Daddy Tie was strutting around somewhere in the building, being a proud Papa.

Next Wednesday my husband and I will be at the Leafs/Jets game. We paid for that one, so hopefully it'll be a little more exciting. I don't think it could be any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    And we got to see Max Domi play and score Arizona's first goal. I'm sure that Daddy Tie was strutting around somewhere in the building, being a proud Papa.
    Looks like he was in a suite watching.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Looks like he was in a suite watching.
    That's where we figured he'd be. Thanks for posting that.

So, the Habs took the night off . . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    So, the Habs took the night off . . . . . . . . . . .
    not that I feel guilty, but I shoulda shut me bloody mouth!!

I knew it was coming during this western road swing. Better to get it out of the way now so they can concentrate on one game at a time without this potential record hanging over their heads.

I hate briefly derailing this thread for fantasy stuff but posts on our Yahoo pages can go ignored for days and I want to be sure as possible that all members of our league see this message.

If you are in the keeper league, our draft will be this Sunday at 9:00PM Eastern. You have until midnight Saturday night to declare your keepers. As always, message or PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks Brian. Set my keepers this morning.