Page 181 of 402 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

No big surprises in Sens-land after cut-down day yesterday. There are some veterans who will start the season here, but will not likely be here by season's end. Specifically, Colin Greening and Jared Cowen don't deserve to be on the team, but for contractual and face-saving reasons, they are. Veteran Chris Phillips has a bad back and will not see any action for a while. Chris Neil can't keep up the pace any more and will likely have a very diminished role as the season progresses.

The one bright light in the prospects is first rounder Frederick Chabot. He's big rangey defenseman who has a lot of poise and offensive upside (unlike Cowen). He needs to fill out a bit, but he's only 18 so he's certain to bulk up in the next year or two.

Two more pre-season scraps with the Habs this weekend then the regular season starts next Thursday!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Went to see the Flyers play the Devils last night - a former co-worker gave me free tix. It was enjoyable, as a Flyers fan, because they've made most of their cuts already, so we got to see mostly a final roster. It wasn't enjoyable, as a Flyers fan, as they only seemed to play well in the 1st period. Oh well. Can't have everything. It was just good to watch hockey again.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

It looks like Stone's wrist has recovered from last year's slash from Subban. He picked up 3 points last night. Montreal was all over Ottawa but they were playing too wide open yesterday and Ottawa took full advantage of every chance they were presented (from what I saw, as I was switching between this game and 2 football games). It is my belief that Ottawa and Montreal will be the top 2 teams in our division this season.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It appears that we will have room for a new owner in our PE Keeper fantasy league this year. If any of you are interested, post here or send me a PM and I'll get you the info.

For our traditional fantasy league, don't forget that our draft is this Sunday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It looks like Stone's wrist has recovered from last year's slash from Subban. He picked up 3 points last night. Montreal was all over Ottawa but they were playing too wide open yesterday and Ottawa took full advantage of every chance they were presented (from what I saw, as I was switching between this game and 2 football games). It is my belief that Ottawa and Montreal will be the top 2 teams in our division this season.
    MTL needs to find a goalie!

BTW, think about what might have been last spring if P.K. hadn't axed Stone's wrist.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

It would have been Habs in 6.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I noticed the Habs with the laces on the collars last night but it didn't hit me that this was new... That link has also informed me that the Habs are playing in the Winter Classic this year. I was unaware!

It's a good thing they explained the LNH logo there. I wonder if Quebec made a law that they can't use the English logo.

The Capitals have really ugly jerseys, eh?

The law would only be that it has to be twice as big in French as in English...

I think it's just a small gesture to recognize the fact that a good majority of their fan base is French. I know the Allouettes use "LCF" on their gear.

I stand corrected - Colin Greening was sent down on Friday.

Ottawa beat Montreal on both ends of a home-and-home series to wrap up the pre-season. Montreal dominated Ottawa in all aspects except the score.

Ottawa still needs a bona fide #1 centre to be a legitimate contender. As much as I like Kyle Turris, he isn't at that level. And if Bobby Ryan continues to fight the puck as he did at the end of last season, Ottawa will struggle to make the playoffs again this year.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 10-05-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Two more sleeps, my friends.

Our company President shares Leafs season tickets with a group of folks. Each year they have some sort of lottery to distribute tickets, and each year he ends up with a game or two that he can't go to. He usually offers to sell the tickets to me and I usually buy them. It's a win-win. I get to go to games at the STH discounted price, and he gets his money back for those games.

This year he actually had four games to offer me. I took the tickets for two of them. So we'll be going to see the Winnipeg Jets on November 4th, and the Tampa Bay Lightning on March 18th. The March 18th game could suck if they're eliminated from the playoffs by then...but it could be really exciting if they aren't! Time will tell...although I suspect the former will be the reality.

Leafs need some players to put the puck in the net. Kessel was most of their offense and as I far as I can tell, they haven't replaced him.

No chatter here on Torres' 41 game suspension and the league coming down hard on a repeat offender?

http://www.tsn.ca/sharks-torres-susp...-head-1.371405

He should have been kicked out a long time ago.

Agreed. If you're reaching the "41-game suspension for his 5th violation" status, maybe professional hockey just isn't for you.

Yeah Torres is a dirty fucker. Good for the NHL suspending him for half the season.

Tomorrow night baby! DROP THE PUCK!!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I can't fucking wait. Been really craving hockey for about the past...oh...three months or so.

Certainly ready for the season to start. The NHL helps make the cold months fun!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

The puck drops tonight!

Thank freaking Yoda...

Yeah, about time!! BTW, great pickup for the Habs getting Kassian who's now in rehab And yeah, get that Torres fucktard out of the league! What a knob!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I came here this morning to post...

GAME DAY!!!

But I see that others beat me to it. I love being part of a group that gets as excited about hockey as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The puck drops tonight!
    And coincidentally, tonight is our closing banquet for the Wednesday night golf league I'm in. I'm happy to report that our team placed first in the Consolation division.