Page 174 of 402 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Bettman used the word, for whatever that's worth.
    I've read a few articles where the D-word was used.

Pretty tame final game and series. Not enough hatred for my liking , but congrats to Chicago. Duncan Keith is outstanding. Well deserved Conn Smyth.

I'll be happy without St. Louis and possibly Boyle on the team next year. Cam Talbot should hopefully get us some solid returns. Hate to see him go though. Whoever gets him, be it EDM, SJ or BUF, they will get themselves a hell of a good goalie.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Did I read that St. Louis was considering retirement?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yes, there is a good chance. If not, he won't be a Ranger. Great career, but he's done.

Scott, I was happy to see Timonen get the chance to raise the Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yes, there is a good chance. If not, he won't be a Ranger. Great career, but he's done.
    Agreed. But, of course, I've already read rumors that the Flyers might be interested. I'm hoping that Hextall has a different philosophy than what they've previously shown. St. Louis is the perfect Flyer reclamation project for the 90s/00s.

Scott, I was happy to see Timonen get the chance to raise the Cup.
    When my team isn't there (which is often, of course), I always root for the "classy veteran without a ring."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

So...if all votes are YES tomorrow, we'll be seeing a new season of 3-3 OT and the inclusion of a coaches challenge for goals scored off of potential offsides or goalie interference plays. I say why the hell not?! What say yous?

Lookin' forward to the draft and all its trading frenziness! I still miss it in PA at Nearest with my prog hockey buds. Speaking of which...Brian, what are your thoughts on the heavy rumors of Talbot? He was amazing in Henriks absence and I personally think he's the real deal. Talented as hell and cool as a cucumber.

So...if all votes are YES tomorrow, we'll be seeing a new season of 3-3 OT and the inclusion of a coaches challenge for goals scored off of potential offsides or goalie interference plays. I say why the hell not?! What say yous?
    Since the Caps got screwed out of winning the Rangers series on a goalie interference call why not.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Also....

‎@TSNBobMcKenzie

For those asking, no 4-on-4 OT at all. Right to 3-on-3. 5 minutes sudden death. No goal, it goes to shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Since the Caps got screwed out of winning the Rangers series on a goalie interference call why not.
    This is interesting because had that goal counted the game would have been tied. you're a bonehead.

Also....

‎@TSNBobMcKenzie

For those asking, no 4-on-4 OT at all. Right to 3-on-3. 5 minutes sudden death. No goal, it goes to shootout.
    Yes exactly. Right to a 3-3. I mean it's still gimmicky, but I'm for it...at least they will be competing. There will be less shootouts no doubt. It went over well last year in the AHL.

I like it. It's too hard to leave a guy behind to cover defence when you only have 3 on the ice. All it takes is one good breakaway to provide a good scoring chance. If it reduces the number of shootouts, it's all good. I think 3 on 3 could be really exciting.

I like the challenge rule too. Although the rules to use them are different, the challenges work really well in Lacrosse.

Here's a question, though: What happens if a penalty is committed in OT?

They're fucked.

I like the AHL OT, where they go 4-4 for a while then drop to 3-3. That said, I don't mind tie games either. It's Hockey. You get a point by making it to OT. Don't like challenges, just keep playing. If you get a goal reversed, man up and score another!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

This is interesting because had that goal counted the game would have been tied. you're a bonehead.
    The game went into overtime because the Rangers tied it with less than a minute left.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I like the AHL OT, where they go 4-4 for a while then drop to 3-3.
    Absolutely.

That said, I don't mind tie games either.
    No, ties suck.

It's Hockey.
    Right - it's not soccer. Soccer sucks, and has ties. Hockey shouldn't have ties.

You get a point by making it to OT.
    Hate that. Why give a point when you haven't done anything?

Don't like challenges, just keep playing. If you get a goal reversed, man up and score another!
    This is ridiculous. NHL officiating is awful and should be addressed - challenges are a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The game went into overtime because the Rangers tied it with less than a minute left.

accepted. Regardless, the right call was made says everyone not wearing Caps glasses. Why do you care anyway? You aren't even a fan!

Carey Price wins the Hart, Vezina, Jennings and Lindsay trophies.

accepted. Regardless, the right call was made says everyone not wearing Caps glasses. Why do you care anyway? You aren't even a fan!
    I believe in fair play. So every time a team is going to score a defender just shoves an offensive player into the goalies way. Sounds like a New York Tuck Rule.

As if OT in the NHL wasn't enough of a farce. 3 on 3 is just a hair better than the shootout. What a fucking joke. Seriously, I'd rather go back to ties than have points and playoff spots be determined by these practice drills the league seems hellbent on subjecting us to in the regular season.

In terms of Talbot...I really hope that trade doesn't happen. Scrivens looked damn good in LA but look what's happened to him in Edmonton. Dubnyk looked like shit the last couple of months he was an Oiler...but now look at him. Talbot's only gig in the NHL has been playing with a team that does solid defensive work in front of him, just like Scrivens and just like Fasth, for that matter, and neither of them could get the job done. Until the young blueliners develop the Oilers need a guy with a bit more starting experience than what they might be able to get through a trade. Personally I hope that they hold off making a trade for a young, promising backup and instead pick up a vet through free agency (like Niemi) or trade (like Anderson). Personally I think Laurent Brossoit may have the stuff to be a starter but they need a 2-3 year stopgap for him to fully develop. Committing to a guy like Talbot, no matter his skill level, isn't the right move, I think. It seems, however, that the new brass may feel differently.

Lookin' forward to the draft and all its trading frenziness! I still miss it in PA at Nearest with my prog hockey buds. Speaking of which...Brian, what are your thoughts on the heavy rumors of Talbot? He was amazing in Henriks absence and I personally think he's the real deal. Talented as hell and cool as a cucumber.
    I love the 3-on-3 as I HATE the shootout. In the league I play in, we use 3-on-3 for 5 minutes of O.T. and I'd guess that probably 80% are settled. You just can't make one mistake with that much open ice. We also can change only on the fly which makes it even more challenging.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

The other team goes to 4 players.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    The other team goes to 4 players.
    Interesting. So, when the penalty is over, they have to pull a player off the ice. Wonder how that's going to work?

First notable trade of the week...Boston ships Carl Soderberg (or, basically, the right to negotiate with Soderberg prior to July 1) to Colorado for a 6th rounder in 2016.

I think there will be a lot of trades this year and I wouldn't be surprised if the Coyotes trade away the 3rd overall pick for some immediate help. The Jets have two first rounders and are brimming with young talent. I could see them putting together a deal for a big ticket player (if they'll accept a trade to Winterpeg).
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)