Page 173 of 402 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

9-9, goals.

2-2, games.

Pretty good so far!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

And then Glendale goes and rains on the NHL's parade. Move that damn team!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I'm so tired of the 'yotes and their issues. Move the team to QC, KC, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Vegas, Seattle, Portland, the Toronto suburbs, give Winnipeg a second team, wherever, as long as it isn't in the city limits of Phoenix or the suburbs.

Seriously. Ever seen a goal like what happened with Bishop running into his own player? I never have. Like Bishop doesn't have enough problems.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Well, it's the Hawks to lose tonight. Hope they don't choke.... I'm planning on taking tomorrow off because, given a win, this city is gonna party!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Well, it's the Hawks to lose tonight. Hope they don't choke.... I'm planning on taking tomorrow off because, given a win, this city is gonna party!
    Tonight could be the last game of the season. It always makes me a little sad when hockey ends for the season. I don't watch a lot of summer sports. I used to be a huge baseball fan, but they kind of lost me in 1994 (the strike, and the year my Dad died. It was hard to watch BB without him). Now I generally just pine away and wait for October.

I'll be rooting for Chicago tonight though. I don't have a vested interest either way, but I would like to see the Hawks win over the Bolts.

The B'hawks have a chance at lifting The Cup at home for the first time since 1938. Would be wonderful to see their fans relish that experience.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hope it goes to game seven. Dumbass Hawks fans paying ten times face value for tickets and greedy Hawks fans selling for ten times face value. Would rather see a team win that doesn't have a fan base that ruins sports.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

...Tampa has been doing better away than at home this year.... another Game 7 would be special too...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Hope it goes to game seven. Dumbass Hawks fans paying ten times face value for tickets and greedy Hawks fans selling for ten times face value. Would rather see a team win that doesn't have a fan base that ruins sports.
    I would gladly sell any ticket for ten times face value if I could find someone crazy enough to pay it. Anyone interested in my Rush tickets for Friday night, for a grand each? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I would gladly sell any ticket for ten times face value if I could find someone crazy enough to pay it. Anyone interested in my Rush tickets for Friday night, for a grand each? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm watching my first complete NHL game this year, and if it wasn't for the fact that several of my close associates in Chicago are rabid Hawks fans, I'd probably be watching season 3 of Orange Is The New Black.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

To all my Chicago pals (many of whom are known by many of you), congratulations and tonight, "let's be careful out there".
    Last edited by progeezer; 06-15-2015 at 11:17 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I was wishing for 7 but congratulations to Chicago!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

A good final but not a great one, though the scores will indicate otherwise. A lot of good, solid play throughout but I never felt a lot of intensity or animosity between the two teams.

The biggest fail? The Chicago fans swing and miss on their opportunity to boo Bettman to the best of their ability.

Congrats to the Chicago Gang! Nice to have the cup in the Midwest.

LOL at booing Bettman. They sorta did.

Chicago has been a classy organization for the last few years so I'll give them a little dap and say congrats. While I'm no fan of the Hawks I'd rather it be them than the team from frikkng Tampa who knocked out my lifeless Habs.

My boss gave me a little crap for holding a grudge against Tampa this year and New York last year for knocking the Habs out. He isn't a real fan as he can't understand I will never acknowledge that UNLV lost to Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley back in '91. I still believe that game was rigged by the NCAA and nothing anyone says can ever change my opinion however grounded (or not) in fact it is.

Hell, he hasn't even heard me rant about Boston. Charra, that POS. But then, what should I expect from a guy who is more interested in basketball than hockey. Cool guy but he's misguided about not only hockey but he thinks Jackson Brown is Rock And Roll. He's fooling himself.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    But then, what should I expect from a guy who is more interested in basketball than hockey. Cool guy but he's misguided about not only hockey but he thinks Jackson Brown is Rock And Roll. He's fooling himself.
    LMAO!!

Congrats to Kimmo Timonen, who finally got a Cup. One of the most classy guys in all of sports.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Congrats to the B'Hawks for winning, finally, on home ice.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Break up the Hawks!!!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Break up the Hawks!!!
    That will likely happen regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    That will likely happen regardless.
    Brian, I thought you knew me by now.

I realize that Bowman is going to have to let some of his second tier guys go because is up against the cap again this summer.

It will be interesting what Bowman does. Bickell, Sharp, Oduya, could get the heave ho, and certainly Saad and Kruger will get substantial enough increases. It's too bad that Richards and Vermette may not be able to be saved. Onward and onward though. Lots of talent in Rockford.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

This makes it 3 Cups in the last, what, 6 years? Can we use the "D" word to describe the Hawks?

I just hope a story doesn't leak where the pucks weren't properly frozen before Game 6.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    This makes it 3 Cups in the last, what, 6 years? Can we use the "D" word to describe the Hawks?
    Bettman used the word, for whatever that's worth.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally