Page 16 of 403 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Stupid Leafs games are on Stupid Leafs TV this week. It's really not worth paying for with a short season and only eight games left to be shown on Leafs TV. They should give us the games for free after the lockout...Fuckers!

EXCELLENT win by the Flyers last night, holding the high-scoring Lightning to one goal. Bryzgalov is just playing fantastic - if his team could score some, he'd have more wins.

Tom Sestito is a scoring machine!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Tom Sestito is a scoring machine!
    He'd get a lot more respect around the league if his name didn't sound like a snack.

Lino
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Stupid Leafs games are on Stupid Leafs TV this week. It's really not worth paying for with a short season and only eight games left to be shown on Leafs TV. They should give us the games for free after the lockout...Fuckers!
    Could not agree more!!!

Lino
    well, we're 5-5 after 10 games. Not bad, considering 4 wins came on the road. I think Carlyle is showing that he is a good coach, I like him miles better than Wilson. No bullshit, no coddling...and he's working everybody in to the lineup. Now all we have to do is improve the over all talent level.
    By the way Corbinian Holzer has 1 goal, Phil Kessel none.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Fucking penguins...
    Of course the moment I mention the Isles powerplay; they are now 0-14 with 30+ shots over the last two games.
    The Cindys were committing lazy penalties all game and Fleury just kept them in it.
    Even when the Isles were down 3-0, the Cindys were never really dictating the pace or style of play.

Now for Armageddon: Game 1 on Thursday.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Well all right! That was one helluva first period for the Devils. How did you guys like it?
    Aw come on, Rangers' fans. No comment? How about Nash getting tripped up by Brodeur and later shooting the puck across the empty net. Good stuff that.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Re: Erik Karlsson

I think some people thought it was bullshit that he won the Norris Trophy last year over players that are considered to be better all round than Karlsson (i.e., he's a one dimensional player). They are wrong.

I consider myself to be very lucky to have been able to watch his ascendancy to the highest echelon of hockey players the past several years. This guy skates like the wind. He makes guys going full tilt look like they are skating in sand. He is very confident with the puck, making very savvy moves that would be suicide for lesser players to try. And when he does coughs it up, his speed allows him to recover and negate the threat.

He played 31 minutes last night, scoring his fourth goal on a nice wrist shot from the point that got through a maze of players in front of the goalie. But my favourite play was when he broke his stick, got back to defend and stood the Buffalo forward up at the blue line causing an offside call. It was just such an elegant play. The kind that wins you a second Norris Trophy.

Lino
    Yup, you guys have a good one there. Damn, I'm so jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Aw come on, Rangers' fans. No comment? How about Nash getting tripped up by Brodeur and later shooting the puck across the empty net. Good stuff that.
    As much as I hate to admit it you have to give props to Brodeur man is he playing at a high level some unbelievable saves in that game! In comparison to Lundqvist just playing average.

J.T. Miller looking good!

Rask kept the Bruins in it in the first, the Bruins struck quickly in the 3rd, then threw a blanket over the Habs. Not a bad loss, though. Habs showed they could skate with Boston, they out-hit them, and McQuaid refused to drop his gloves vs Prust... (at least I think it was McQuaid).

PS: Wasn't Rask part of the Leafs organization at one point? Just how many quality players has that franchise let slip away?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Lino
    slip away what the fuck do you know about hockey. We got Andrew Raycroft for him.

The Leafs prowess for scouting is legendary for it's futility. At the time, they needed a veteran goalie and had to trade either Tuka Rask or Justin Pogge, both total kids at the time. Pogge was seen as THE next goalie for the Leafs, so they gave away Rask. Pogge never played a game in the NHL. In fairness, not sure how Pogge fell of the face of the earth, he had backstopped Canada's Junior team. But that's life as a Leaf fan...one mistake after another.

I will say one positive thing: Carlysle has em at 5-5 without a single goal from Lupol (injury) or Kessel (snakebit). These 2 were supposed to be 1 and 1A offensive stars for this team. Van Reimsdyk is REALLY playing well, and Khdri and Frattin are 2 young guys really coming along. They are carrying 8-9 Dmen, and none have ever looked horribly out of place...except for their captain Phaneuf.

The eons are closing
    But that's life as a Leaf fan...one mistake after another.
    See also: Milbury, Michael - for the ones he traded away (e.g. coughluongocough) and the ones he kept (e.g. coughdipietrocough)

The eons are closing
    At last, hockey really begins tonight!!

I'm looking at you Klonker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    See also: Milbury, Michael - for the ones he traded away (e.g. coughluongocough) and the ones he kept (e.g. coughdipietrocough)
    Not to mention coughcharacough, coughspezzacough, coughyashincough

I think they are still paying Yashin and as I understand it, he's not even playing any more. I believe he will be coaching the Russian National Women's team this year.

Ya gotta love Mad Mike. I'm sorry he got into a peewee hockey brawl and lost his analyst jobs on TV (NBC and CBC). He was a pearl.

The eons are closing
    Yes they are still paying Yashin and it still counts towards cap. IIRC, he counts at least $2 million to cap this year and still has two more to go.

If the Isles bought out dipietro this summer, it would cost $24 million and the cap hit would be $1.5 million per year until 2029 !!!!
    Fuck you Milbury.

The eons are closing
    coughcharacough
    This one hurts the most actually...even more than luongo.

Lino
    ya man, I feel your pain. Chara is the best D in the game ....

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    ya man, I feel your pain. Chara is the best D in the game ....
    After Wade Redden, you mean.

This is pretty funny

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-be-an-nhl-fan

"Q: Jeremy Jacobs?

A: Think Jerry Jones without the humility"

That's awesome!

A: Who’s Tim Tebow?

Q: He’s a guy who prays all the time and cries occasionally, and he spent the last year standing around helplessly watching his team find embarrassing ways to humiliate itself.

A: He sounds like a Leafs fan.

Goddamned shootouts just freakin' kill the Flyers!

I miss Jaroslav Halak...

Lino
    Kessel gets off the shnide with a beautiful game winner last night in Winnipeg! Triumphant return for Randy Carlyle who is still adored in that city for his years of service as a great defenceman with the Jets, and later his AHL championships coaching the Manitoba Moose.

I'm actually feeling a little pride about our Buds. These guys never give up. They went down 1-0 on a short-handed goal by the Jets. 5 minutes later, the Jets went on the PP hoping to get insurance, and Bozak scores a short hander to even it up! They then went down 2-1 early in the third...only to battle back on the road with 2 quick goals for the win. Huge.