Page 169 of 402 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Hopefully they haven't shot their wad of goals for the rest of the series in that one game!

I think the Bolts took a game off, pure and simple. Now if Montreal can win on Saturday, they might be able to flip this series; but they have absolutely no wiggle room left. Winning 4 in a row after spotting the other team 3 games is probably the most difficult thing to do in professional sports.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers Last Stand?

Hey, they did it last year down 3-1 against PITT so it can be done. This Cap team is stingy as fuck though...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

That's why I put a question mark there...

Caps been playing really well. Your boys are in tougher than my boys are...

Hoping for sudden life outcome as we head to O.T.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Well that was bullshit. Take away the Caps first goal because the defense shoves the offensive player into a goalie coming out to make a play. The offensive player wasn't even in the crease.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

ALIVE!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ALIVE!

and we live to fight another day! Wow, less that 2 mins. away from the season being over too...

Well deserved win though...dominated most of the game. Holtby has bee out of this world.

Yah I'm pulling for y'blueshirts Scott ol' boy, but they're still in a hell of a hole, up against a peaking Holtby, and Ovechkin seems to have matured.

Fight another day indeed! Let's have 7!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Still alive!

After that 3rd period between the Rangers and Caps, can there be any doubt that the Stanley Cup Playoffs are the best sporting event in the world? It would be pretty damn tough to convince me otherwise.

It's a shame the Caps have to play seven games after beating them in five.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

9 to go...

...that last 10 minutes took 10 years off my life. Back home we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...that last 10 minutes took 10 years off my life. Back home we go!
    I really thought the Rangers were going to give that game away. Good thing Washington couldn't score on a powerplay to save their lives (literally, in this case!).

Flames get extinguished.

May the Habs take inspiration from the Rangers!

Hate the Duck. Hate the Blackhawks. Hate the Rangers. That leaves me cheering for a Tampa Bay team I can accept and Washington and Montreal which I genuinely would like to see win The Cup. Isn't looking good for me.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Playoff hockey...

The BEST.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Sorry to derail the playoff flavour of the thread, but Ottawa signed Matt O'Connor over the weekend. He is an undrafted goalie most recently of BU. That gives the Sens a major logjam at goalie now with Anderson, Lehner, Hammond, Drieger and now O'Connor in the wings. It says here that one of the first three are going to be traded. Normally, the obvious choice would be Lehner, but he's still woozy from a concussion he suffered in February! Nothing happens until he gets a medical sign-off. This is a real change from the days when Ottawa was a goalie graveyard.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    That gives the Sens a major logjam at goalie now with Anderson, Lehner, Hammond, Drieger and now O'Connor in the wings.
    Not really. Hammond is a free agent career minor leaguer and any team that offers him a one-way contract this summer will come to regret it. His "15 minutes of fame" are over. Driedger is a B-List prospect who hasn't even established himself as a full-time AHL goalie yet. And O'Connor is an undrafted fringe prospect who will compete with Driedger for the starting job in Binghamton. Best case is one of the two develops into a credible NHL backup in the next 3-5 years.

The Sens blew it when they kept the then 31-year old Anderson over the then 26-year old Ben Bishop two years ago.

Brad it's easy for you to say that the Sens blew it with Bishop, but so did the Blues. He didn't have a brilliant minor league career and he too has turned out to be a late bloomer. Don't write off Hammond so quickly. I found his movement to be very efficient in the crease and he moves laterally as well as any NHL goalie. And he is a ferocious battler, never giving up on the play and sometimes stopping it with his arse, if need be. He gave up one or two Bishops (off the glove, over the shoulder and nothing but net), so he's not superhuman. I will be shocked if he doesn't get a one way contract for upwards of $1M (but not for more than a year). There are a lot of mediocre goalies in the NHL that won't ever win 20 games in a season. The real disappointment from a Sens fan perspective is the fact that Lehner has never been able to take the next step and he's been given ample opportunity.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning. I think they played their best game of the series last night. When they are firing on all cylinders they are simply a better team than the Montreal Canadiens.

I think a Tampa/NYC series could be interesting though my interest in the rest of the playoffs will be greatly diminished. I am much more of a Habs fan than a hockey fan in general...

8 to go....

Alex Ovechkin : the constant big game choker (olympics and NHL playoffs)