Page 165 of 402 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Did you hear them singing "Pageau, Pageau, Pageau" to the melody of "Olé, Olé, Olé" last night? Too funny!
    I didn't pick up on that...

What I know is that his role on the PK is to play Subban really close to not give him a chance to unleash a slapshot from the blue line. He's blocked a few...at the risk of his life! That's a dedicated team player, imo....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The Blues maintain their rich playoff tradition....

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Yay Rangers!!!

Ugh.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    The Blues maintain their rich playoff tradition....

BG
    Ya, that's why I picked the Wild. The Blues have a great track record of underperforming on the big stage. File under - Sharks!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yay Rangers!!!

Ugh.
    A little Scope will take away the taste of vomit.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Triple OT.

Sweet!
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Yeah...I'm really tired today.

Sens played a near mistake-free game and live to play again. Sheesh, these must-win games are getting to be routine.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Jets first to go. Great fans out there in Winnipeg as they cheered 'em loud and hard for the last few minutes of the sweep by Anaheim. And a "right back atcha" salute by the players to their fans when the handshake line finished. Class acts all around.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Sens played a near mistake-free game and live to play again. Sheesh, these must-win games are getting to be routine.
    They took a few penalties but Habs PP non-existent. Habs need to regroup and play their best game of the series tomorrow and end this thing. if the Sens steal one in Montreal then all bets are off for this series.

Blues roller coaster goes back to the Gateway tied

I'm still expecting to be disappointed, but that was nice

Tarasenko is a human highlight film

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

That Winnipeg-Anaheim series may have been the most entertaining first-round sweep in recent memory. Great action throughout all four games.

Man...PITT is playing quicksand hockey! Neutral zone is mud for Christ's sake. I guess with a depleted D, and with the Rangers bread n butter on the rush, this is what you probably have to do, but good God it must be a struggle to watch for a non-fan of the teams. For fans it's nail-biting as all hell though! We are finding ways to win though and this is good. Fleury is playing out of his mind. PITT also taking lots of stupid penalties, but Ranger PP is anemic. Hope we can close it out tomorrow.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    They took a few penalties but Habs PP non-existent. Habs need to regroup and play their best game of the series tomorrow and end this thing. if the Sens steal one in Montreal then all bets are off for this series.
    Yves, if the Habs go on to the second round, they won't get any further with that anemic PP. Of course, having Cary Price playing out of his transcendental mind cures a lot of ills.

Note that Ottawa's second line notched one last night. I've been saying that's the crux of their success or failure. Moving Hoffman up and Michalek down was a great move by Cameron. Watch out if Hoffman gets hot.

BG, I don't think my heart could take being a Blues fan. Roller coaster indeed. Didn't get to see this one, but I did see a highlight of a Tarasenko goal. He is indeed a star in this league now.

Brian, based on what I've seen of the Ducks/Jets series (which was fantastic hockey), the Ducks are my pick for the Cup at this time (I thought the Rangers would win it but now I'm not so sure). They are solid up and down the lineup and their stars are producing.

Stan,

The Habs are in one of their productive shut downs. This occurred regularly during the season and if they make it past Ottawa (yes, I am saying IF) they will need to score some goals, both on PP and 5 on 5. Look at the results of this series so far:

game 1: 4-3
    game 2: 3-2
    game 3: 2-1
    game 4: 1-0 (Sens)

See a trend?

^ Hehe. That was funny...but I'd rather see Hitler's response to McDavid going to Edmonton.

I hope that he accepts Edmonton with more class than Lindros accepted the Nordiques.

Okay, I came close.

The Redwings stole game 1…….the Lightning stole it back tonight. I was at work so only got to listen to it, but that was a heartbreaker, and could be a back breaker for the Wings.

Crazy finish to that one! I tuned in with 6:00 to go in the game and the Wings sitting comfortably on a 2-0 lead. It's not over 'til it's over!

Same here. What a huge comeback that was.

SteveSly, don't count your Wings out quite yet. The Bolts are not exactly rolling over them, so it's just a best of three now.

Crazy finish to that one! I tuned in with 6:00 to go in the game and the Wings sitting comfortably on a 2-0 lead. It's not over 'til it's over!
    I was watching that one too. Well, more like I had it on while studying for exams...not really watching per se. Until TB tied it up. That got my attention!

if the Habs prevail, then I am hoping the Wings can eliminate the Bolts because they have pwned us all season.

Of course, if we can't score we're as good as eliminated already, no matter who we face...

Look at the results of this series so far:

game 1: 4-3
    game 2: 3-2
    game 3: 2-1
    game 4: 1-0 (Sens)

See a trend?
    So you're predicting a 0 to -1 final score tonight? Hey, if Markov scores on his own net again it could sort of happen!