Page 162 of 402 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    the Sens are in the driver's seat to take the final playoff berth in the East. If they beat the Flyers on Saturday, they're in.
    They don't even have to win; an overtime loss would be good enough. And Philly could potentially be in a position to knock out rival Pittsburgh by losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    They don't even have to win; an overtime loss would be good enough. And Philly could potentially be in a position to knock out rival Pittsburgh by losing.
    I stand corrected.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    If they beat the Flyers on Saturday, they're in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad to the Bone View Post
    Flyers have already announced that they're starting Steve Mason, which I just don't understand at all. I'd be announcing "upper body injuries" to Giroux, Voracek, Mason, and anyone else who has recorded 10 goals this year. There's absolutely no point in winning that game.

If I were Brian Griffin, I'd already be ordering my Sens jersey by now.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Congratulations to both the Jets and the Flames. Not too many people thought either would make playoffs this year at the expense of teams like the Kings and the Sharks!
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    If nobody wins in overtime, they should have the Capt. from each team compete in a Rock em Sock em Robot match. There is no better way as far as I'm concerned.
    There are a few flaws with this... For example, the Canadiens have no captain. Also, since we all know that the blue robot is better than the red robot how would it be determined which team gets which robot? A coin toss? Home team picks? Visitors pick?

You may not have thought this out all the way through....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'd be announcing "upper body injuries" to Giroux, Voracek, Mason, and anyone else who has recorded 10 goals this year. There's absolutely no point in winning that game.
    Well, Voracek still has a shot at the scoring title with a big game. Other than that it's a meaningless game for the Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Indeed! It would be awesome to see BOTH the Penguins and Flyers out!!
    Not looking good though

The Pens are playing in Buffalo (the league's least) and the Bruins are playing in Tampa (the Conference's 3rd best)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Tonight is my last night to cheer for the Leafs before I officially jump on the Habs bandwagon. Although, since they are playing the Habs I might secretly be cheering for Montreal while decked out in my Leafs gear.

Esther, with all the Canadian cities represented in the playoffs this year I am glad to see you stick with the Habs. I'll be pulling for ll the canadian cities to do well. The Cup has not come "home" for far too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Esther, with all the Canadian cities represented in the playoffs this year I am glad to see you stick with the Habs. I'll be pulling for ll the canadian cities to do well. The Cup has not come "home" for far too long!
    ever so totally!!!

I'd even be happy if the Leafs won it
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Well, that was before the Sens made it in. Now I'm torn. My heart might have to go to Ottawa, but my money is still on Montreal.

I would be very happy if the Sens were to face Montreal in the first round. They got by them a couple of years ago, but Carey Price was injured during the series and that hurt their chances considerably. Tampa Bay has some key injuries on defence, so that would help Ottawa's chances. Either way, the question is "do they stay on this crazy good roll, or do they come down to earth having achieved the goal they've been pursuing for the past two months"?

On a related note, Ottawa's chances would be a lot better if their second line of Ryan/Zibanejad/Hoffman finds their collective game again. They've been pretty quiet (and Ryan has been brutal) for the past couple of weeks.

Kudos to Mark Stone who has jumped into the Calder Trophy conversation with his stellar play in the past month or so.

Boston is OUT!

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Buh Bye, Boston!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Boston is OUT!

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Buh Bye, Boston!

That means that Pittsburgh is in.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Hopefully not for long.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Boston is OUT!

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Buh Bye, Boston!

Boston is OUT!

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Buh Bye, Boston!

:cry

yup

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    that's an answer worthy of a Broadstreet Bully, not from a Bruising Bruins

Way back I stated that I thought the Bruins reign was at an end. I have been proven correct. That team needs to get younger in a hurry. I had also made a comment following the Habs-Rangers final last year that we may be seeing a changing of the guard in the East. Those teams finished 1 and 2 in the conference.

Habs-Sens- Gonna be a tough series. I would have preferred facing the Pens, Caps, or even the Wings. Nevertheless, you have to knock off good teams to advance. If the Habs can stick to their game and not get drawn into the Sens game, they should prevail. I am predicting a minimum of 6 games though.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I'm looking forward to the Hab/Sens series. The only downside is that I'd like to see the Canadian teams stay in for as long as possible. With Montreal and Ottawa playing each other in the East and Calgay and Vancouver in the West, two teams are going to get knocked out in the first round.

Yves, I remember you commenting on the Bruins decline, so hats off for seeing that coming. When I watched them a month or so ago, they did not look very good and I felt that Chara had not fully recovered from his knee injury because was he extremely slow and couldn't turn well. Some of their guys had off years (e.g., Kreci, Lucic) and I think they missed having Iginla or someone comparable.

I don't expect the Sens/Habs series to be particularly rough. I would be surprised to see Chris Neil unless things get nasty and Cameron feels they Sens are taking abuse (unlikely from the Habs except maybe from Prust). The Sens do their share of hitting, but any rough stuff would be from Borowiecki or Gryba. Note that Gryba has mostly been well behavied since his suspension from the playoffs two years ago. He could have been suspended back in October but dodged that.

As far as being drawn into the Sens game, I think they play pretty much a pressure game in the offensive zone and just play a perimeter game in the defensive zone. They don't seem to chase the puck like they used to and they seem to have figured out the breakout that always seemed so difficult under MacLean.

Like Esther, you hate to see two Canadian teams meet in the first round, but here in Sens land, we aren't complaining.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 04-12-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Breaking News! Dave Nonis (GM) and Peter Horachek (interim coach) have been fired by the Leafs, along with the assistant coaches and the goaltending coach!

I was expecting Horachek to be fired, or at least demoted back to his old job. But I didn't think it would happen until they announced a replacement. I wasn't sure about Nonis, but I'm glad to see him go, he was a carry-over from the Brian Burke days. In my mind this deepens Shanahan's commitment to rebuild the team...starting with management and not wasting any time.

It's going to be a very interesting summer in Leafs Nation.

Picks time. My winners- *

MTL*-OTT | TBL-DET* | NYR*-PIT | WSH-NYI*
    STL*-MIN | NSH-CHI* | ANA*-WPG | VAN-CGY*
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Breaking News! Dave Nonis (GM) and Peter Horachek (interim coach) have been fired by the Leafs, along with the assistant coaches and the goaltending coach!

I was expecting Horachek to be fired, or at least demoted back to his old job. But I didn't think it would happen until they announced a replacement. I wasn't sure about Nonis, but I'm glad to see him go, he was a carry-over from the Brian Burke days. In my mind this deepens Shanahan's commitment to rebuild the team...starting with management and not wasting any time.

It's going to be a very interesting summer in Leafs Nation.
    This shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone. I think the quote yesterday from Shanny was that changes would be made "quickly". Yep, that was quick.

With Nonis gone, I wonder how long Darren Dreiger will be around Sportsnet. They are brothers-in-law and apparently, Nonis was a major source for Dreiger.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I'm looking forward to the Hab/Sens series. The only downside is that I'd like to see the Canadian teams stay in for as long as possible. With Montreal and Ottawa playing each other in the East and Calgay and Vancouver in the West, two teams are going to get knocked out in the first round.
    yeah, that sucks... but look on the dark side: it garantees at least two canadian teams in the second round

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    yeah, that sucks... but look on the dark side: it garantees at least two canadian teams in the second round
    Two sides to every story.