Page 160 of 403 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'd rather not face them either. We owe them a playoff bounce from a couple of years back but this would be a long, physical, emotional series. IF the Habs moved on, they'd already be spent. Of course, the Bruins have not rolled over just yet. You have to think that a proud perennial playoff team like them will give a push before the end of the season. Or has Claude Julien started to lose this team?
    If I had to guess, I would say the bubble is about to burst for Ottawa and the Bruins will indeed make it in. That's not what I'm hoping for as I hate the Bruins and Ottawa's run has been really exciting and I would like to see them get in but how long can this go on? It's getting pretty interesting that's for sure. Also would like to see Calgary do well as they've had a similar good run. Oh, and GO Rangers! BAH, just kidding.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Maybe the Caps will bottom out and both the Bruins and Sens will advance!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

True. They don't exactly have the easiest schedule left either.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Habs are the first team to make it to the century mark, but still not getting enough offensive production to be a serious Cup contender, imo...

Rangers have it their way with the Hamburglar.

LOL. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Can't say enough about thorough that beating was. The Rangers look very fast, they're well balanced on defence and are getting phenomenal goaltending. If Ottawa can hang on to one of the wildcards, I would much rather have them play Montreal or Tampa.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Rangers will finish first in the East so Ottawa would need to hurdle another team. I'm of the opinion that the Habs will finish 3rd and play the Caps or the Wings. We saw what this team can(not) do when Price is not in net, last night. They outshot the Jets 20-5 in the 1st, yet were trailing by 1 goal!

Not to make excuses, but it seems that Hammond was playing hurt on Thursday. He got up gingerly when Logan Couture crashed into him on Monday night. He tried to gut it out on Thursday against the Rangers but clearly, he was off. He's been limping around since getting the hook and now it looks like he won't even dress tonight against the Leafs.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Yeah when he got pulled you could see he was clearly uncomfortable on the bench. You know who makes a huge difference in Ranger/Senator games? Chris Neil. He seems to play his nastiest against us. I'm sure our D were pleased to not have to worry about getting plastered every time he is on the ice. Especially Staal who he seems to target often.

Puck drops at 1 for Rangers/Bruins today keeping me from doing any significant housework lol. Henrik back in net.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Hoping the Red Wings game this afternoon is the shape of things to come for the playoffs. The Lightning have been kicking our ass all year, but this is more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Lightning have been kicking our ass all year.
    Try 0-5 on for size. That's what the Habs are against the Lightning this season.

Rangers had a horrible weekend, losing back-to-back to Broons & Caps. The silver lining is that they've already clinched a berth in the tournament and home ice advantage really isn't, so it isn't too much of a concern. Probably hard to get motivated at this time of year when there's really not much to play for. Plus they've been a little banged up (St. Louis, Klein, Hunwick, Lundqvist's first game in 2 months). I look for them ramp it back up as the playoffs near and then make a deep run.

I hope the same applies to the Habs, who can't seem to get any consistent play over the last few weeks. It's almost as if nobody wants the albatross that is the President's Trophy...

I think there's also the playing not to get hurt thing going on. Not to mention every team we've played in the last week or two have been fighting for their playoff lives.

You can't go into the playoffs cold though. Therrien gave the Habs a solid workout at practice yesterday. It's when you play to avoid getting hurt that you get hurt.

Look for Dustin Buff to get a nice suspension after almost decapitating JT Miller last night. I'm no drama queen, but this was pretty brutal...could have broken the kids neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Look for Dustin Buff to get a nice suspension after almost decapitating JT Miller last night. I'm no drama queen, but this was pretty brutal...could have broken the kids neck.
    Phone hearing only, probably a couple of games at most. That's why the NHL Dept of Player Safety is a reprehensible joke. Believe me, if Crosby had been on the receiving end of that crosscheck, it would be 20 games minimum, if not life without parole.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Phone hearing only, probably a couple of games at most. That's why the NHL Dept of Player Safety is a reprehensible joke. Believe me, if Crosby had been on the receiving end of that crosscheck, it would be 20 games minimum, if not life without parole.
    No shit! And were you like me at the end of the game, when Buff crosschecked Zuc's head into the boards, screaming at Kreider for not taking one for the team and doing something about it? Man, I know Buff is a monster, but Kreider has to learn how to man up. The kid is big himself and could be a premier power forward, but sometimes needs to pull his tail out from between his legs. Sweet goal he had though

No shit! And were you like me at the end of the game, when Buff crosschecked Zuc's head into the boards, screaming at Kreider for not taking one for the team and doing something about it? Man, I know Buff is a monster, but Kreider has to learn how to man up. The kid is big himself and could be a premier power forward, but sometimes needs to pull his tail out from between his legs. Sweet goal he had though
    If you were watching on MSG, Sam Rosen was ready to drop the gloves!

I know. That's the first time I think I've heard him angry on the air! He's actually quite a nice guy. I have a lot of work in his hometown and bump into him now and again. Always is willing to chat hockey.

The Flyers suck out loud, but they still own the Consol Center in Pittsburgh.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I know. That's the first time I think I've heard him angry on the air! He's actually quite a nice guy. I have a lot of work in his hometown and bump into him now and again. Always is willing to chat hockey.
    Love Sam! Whenever I hear his Cup-winning call from '94 I still get chills: "The New York Rangers are the Stanley Cup Champions!"

this is the ol-Canuck in me speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say the bubble is about to burst for Ottawa and the Bruins will indeed make it in. That's not what I'm hoping for as I hate the Bruins and Ottawa's run has been really exciting and I would like to see them get in but how long can this go on? It's getting pretty interesting that's for sure. Also would like to see Calgary do well as they've had a similar good run. Oh, and GO Rangers! BAH, just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Maybe the Caps will bottom out and both the Bruins and Sens will advance!
    over a week later, I'd still hope for Bruins and Sens to make it over the Caps or the Pens, but it's not likely fot the Sens

just like the Jets are not likely to make it either against the Kings (still have a shot, though)... but at least the Flames did (or will) get in.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Talk about hanging on by a thread - the Sens have gone to extra innings 4 games in a row and finally lost one on Sunday (to Toronto in the shootout). If the Sens are going to make it, it may be at the expense of the Pens, who had a horrible weekend. They play each other tonight. Talk about playoff hockey pressure before the playoffs even start! Win or lose, the Sens have at least made the regular season exciting.

Loving that the Penguins may not make the playoffs.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally