Page 156 of 404 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I posted something about the Leafs on Facebook today and Jim Gilmour from Saga responded. How cool is that?

Habs win a beauty on the road and avoid singing the blues!

Not sure how I feel about their latest trade though. Sekac was highly sought after in the off-season and they don't even give him a full season before shipping him out.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Patrick Kane is out for 6 - 10 weeks. That's got to be a tough one for Chicago.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...er-body-injury

Well, this should be interesting to watch unfold...

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/lindros-fil...feree-1.215863

This should make him a shoo-in for the HOF.

Don't blame Eric. I'm sure his mom is behind the lawsuit!

I'm not sure what makes him look more like a dickhead, what Stewart wrote about him or the lawsuit.

Lindros was the biggest asswipe in the history of the NHL. Just ask any former Nordiques fan!

The Leafs have traded Daniel Winnik to Pittsburgh in exchange for Zach Sill and two draft picks.

And the draft picks start to pile up.

You know, I was reading that article and even though it said Lindros, for some reason I was thinking of Sidney Crosby. I think it says a lot about a person's disposition when a guy gets drafted into the NHL and, instead of being grateful, he refuses to put on the Jersey or play for the team that drafted him. Whether Stewart's claims are true or not, I never thought that he was anything other than a dickhead.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-25-2015 at 04:11 PM.

This is why I love my husband. When I emailed him about the Winnik trade, he responded...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. ForeverAutumn
    That’s a good trade. Winnik was a young guy who was really starting to show some talent so it’s good that they were able to get rid of him before he really started to play well. Now Pittsburgh has to deal with that added strength and goal scoring ability. What losers. Yeah they may win the Stanley Cup but they’re never going to get the first round draft pick with that type of management.
    LMAO!

Winnik was a guy on the Habs radar....

I'll be curious to see if Montreal makes any more deals this year. We keep hearing how they don't want to "rent" a player this year. The way the team is going, I say leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You said the same thing about Franson. Are Bozak and Kessel on their radar too? There are lots of trade rumours floating around about both of them.

You know, the Leafs have been on such a downward spiral and taken so much heat in this city that as they trade players to better teams, I wonder if the players kinda feel like getting traded is a little like winning the lottery?

Franson and Winnik were the 2 names that the Montreal press kept mentioning as Leaf players the Habs were interested in; or whose addition could have helped the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    You said the same thing about Franson. Are Bozak and Kessel on their radar too? There are lots of trade rumours floating around about both of them.

You know, the Leafs have been on such a downward spiral and taken so much heat in this city that as they trade players to better teams, I wonder if the players kinda feel like getting traded is a little like winning the lottery?
    I thought Ollie Jokinen's observations about all the negativity in Leafland was very telling - after being with the team for one or two days! There's a guy that really fits the Leafs mould - 1000 regular season games and < 20 playoff games. I'm guessing he's a scratch golfer.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I'll be curious to see if Montreal makes any more deals this year. We keep hearing how they don't want to "rent" a player this year. The way the team is going, I say leave well enough alone.
    Nah, they need more than what they have right now. Get rid of Eller for some more toughness.

Jagr to the Panthers just happened
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

I am shocked that anyone would willingly trade for David Clarkson.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell Columbus was thinking here.

FIRST PLACE RANGERS*. Gotta nice ring to it. (*2 games in hand over Islanders, who are very scary in their own right.)
    Another exciting finish. Coyotes with their net empty and on the powerplay were throwing everything at Prince Talbot the last 30 ticks. Nada. Blueshirts sprawling everywhere helping to block shots. Think 3 were in the crease at the same time. Nash back and with St. Louis on our powerplay which looked great again. Team really giving it their all. Proud bunch. Good chem. Wow, NYR 9-1-2 without King Henrik.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell Columbus was thinking here.
    The party line is that they are paying Horton even though he's hurt, so they wanted a someone who can actually play if they are paying out $5M+ per season. Toronto doesn't care about paying Horton not to play. They wanted the cap space. Welcome to Bizarro World aka the NHL.

I was at the Leafs/Philly game tonight. The Leafs were outshot 49 to 17 and yet they won. I have no idea how they weren't slaughtered. Oh wait, yes I do...his name is Jonathon Bernier. Fucking Bernier stopped 47 shots! I haven't been a huge fan of his in the past, but man he played well tonight and deserves my respect. Philly dominated pretty much the entire game, including the Leaf powerplays.

The best part of the game though, was a couple of Philly fans who were trying to cause some trouble and start fights. When security had finally had enough and decided to eject them from the game, Three full sections of fans started cheering. You'd have thought that someone scored based on the cheer that went up.

Speaking of hot goalies, Ottawa's 27 year old rookie (40 year old virgin?) Andrew Hammond has been lights out since getting to the NHL last week. He pitched a shutout last night against the mighty Ducks and he's gone two scoreless periods tonight against the very hot Kings. If you saw his stats in the AHL, you'd have thought he was going to be a disaster.

----

Wow, another shutout from Hammond. He doesn't look that good athletically. He just stops the puck and has a little luck on his side which doesn't hurt.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 02-27-2015 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Game over!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Nah, they need more than what they have right now. Get rid of Eller for some more toughness.
    I have wanted to like Eller for years but I agree. What is he worth though?

The problem I have with these supposed quick fixes at the trade deadline is what they can do to a locker room. Habs are firing on all cylinders right now. There's arguably no better team in the East right now. Why mess with that?

smart trade by the jackets. horton is never playing again thats almost a for sure. so why not get a body for the money you have to pay anyway. this could never happen if it wasn't for hortons contract being uninsured. because he had pre conditions, they couldn't get it, or maybe it just cost a truck full. so jackets on the hook for every penny. as for the more money than brains leafs, they paid horton 26m just to free up 26 m in cap space lol

I have wanted to like Eller for years but I agree. What is he worth though?

The problem I have with these supposed quick fixes at the trade deadline is what they can do to a locker room. Habs are firing on all cylinders right now. There's arguably no better team in the East right now. Why mess with that?
    Good point I guess Yves. I think Eller might benefit from more ice time but you're right..chemistry is HUGE heading into the post-season
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Hey Yves. Game on brother! We're on a two game winning streak so the Habs better be shaking in their boots.

uh...yeah....

Was the outcome ever in doubt? Habs are playing some seriously good hockey right now. We've got a 4-game swing against teams in the South West which will act as a true lithmus test for the team.