Page 148 of 403 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Only the most significant game for both clubs so far this season.
    And these guys could easily meet in a 4 v 5 series in the playoffs
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I made the mistake of proclaiming that the Habs are pretty good team, just to see them drop 2 in a row. Both close games, but still....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Only the most significant game for both clubs so far this season.
    And these guys could easily meet in a 4 v 5 series in the playoffs
    It's about time we played a meaningful game! Should be awesome.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

In addition to working full-time I also go to College part-time. I have to take a Liberal Arts course as one of my requirements. So I'm looking at the courses and see this one...

Course Name: Hockey Hall of Fame Presents.

Course Outline: This course details the incredible growth of Canada's national pastime, including the NHL's formation, the "original six" and national/international expansion.

Topic Outline:
    • The birth of hockey and the evolution of the game
    • The early history of the National Hockey League
    • The “Original Six” teams
    • NHL expansion and International hockey
    • Marketing and merchandising strategies
    • Diversity in hockey
    • Evolution of equipment
    • Rules and regulations
    • The impact of the media
    • Trophies and honours in the NHL (i.e. The Stanley Cup)
    • Hockey and Popular Culture
    • Hockey as a cultural phenomenon
    Are they shitting me? I can get a college credit for this? I think I might need to take this course!

Sign me up!

Courses like that can actually be terrific. The best college level history course I ever took was a course on the History of Baseball taught by Dr. John Dreifort (father of former major league pitcher Darren Dreifort). Not only was Dreifort a terrific prof, but the 'learning stretch' I achieved in that class was tremendous, and I say this as an individual who grew up learning baseball history on a pretty extensive level.

Wow, Islanders are really THAT good. Up 3-0 after a shorthander late in the 2nd at The Garden.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The eons are closing
    I avoided the thread as I was watching on DVR.

1. In the 1st period, the Rangers played the best hockey I have seen vs the Isles aside from the Hawks. But for the pipes and the grace of god, the Isles are down at least 2-0 after 1.

2. The Isles must be one of the top 5 v 5 teams in the league; but while I subjectively believe that, it is somewhat supported by the fact that the Isles are 15th-16th on the pp, and bottom three on the pk and yet have the record they possess.

3. #1 seed in the east as of end of play tonight. Wow.

Esther:
    In college, I took a Jazz in NYC course during the winter break term. It was one week in class for 3 hrs per day, 7 days in NYC going to jazz clubs each night (cover two drinks covered in tuition) then one week back in class. 3 credits; got to see Dizzy Gillespie play and party in Greenwich Village. Got a B :-). Take the class.

Esther:
    In college, I took a Jazz in NYC course during the winter break term. It was one week in class for 3 hrs per day, 7 days in NYC going to jazz clubs each night (cover two drinks covered in tuition) then one week back in class. 3 credits; got to see Dizzy Gillespie play and party in Greenwich Village. Got a B :-). Take the class.
    Wow! That's fantastic. I'm pretty sure that here in Canada, it would be against the law to include drinks in your tuition.

I'm probably going to take the course. I just have pick up the text book for the course that I'm already registered in to see how much reading is involved and whether I think that I'll have time to complete a second course this term. I should know by this time tomorrow.

Thanks for your support guys. If I register for this course, I may tap into your knowledge.

I avoided the thread as I was watching on DVR.

1. In the 1st period, the Rangers played the best hockey I have seen vs the Isles aside from the Hawks. But for the pipes and the grace of god, the Isles are down at least 2-0 after 1.

2. The Isles must be one of the top 5 v 5 teams in the league; but while I subjectively believe that, it is somewhat supported by the fact that the Isles are 15th-16th on the pp, and bottom three on the pk and yet have the record they possess.

3. #1 seed in the east as of end of play tonight. Wow.
    Isles showed up to play last night for sure. Rangers were still out in California especially in the 2nd...OOOF! It's funny to hear you say how well the Rangers played in the first when from my point of view, it was the worst period of hockey (other than the 2nd) they've played in over a month. Isles deserved those 4 pts. Two steps ahead all night long...dick.

And since when do the Isles neutral zone trap like that???

This little video made me guffaw!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...005134013.html

^^^ Talk about adding insult to injury!

Habs stole one last night, though if you look at the body of work of the entire game, they deserved it. They were down 2-0 and Bobrovsky (remember him Scott?) was standing on his head keeping the puck out. However the BJs just kept on taking stupid penalty on top of stupid penalty. The Habs PP sucks but all of a sudden they scored on 3 consecutive PPs in the last 8 mins of the game and won 3-2!

Okay, I registered for the hockey course. Who wants to place a bet on whether I'm the only female in the class. LOL!

NYR gets blanked 3-0 in successive games. Go right back at it tomorrow night and a Sunday nooner. Hate the way these games are scheduled. 4 in 6 days.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Habs got spanked in Ottawa last night. We're losing more often than winning since I proclaimed we were a good team!

The Habs were very sluggish at the outset. I thought perhaps Bill Cosby was serving the drinks on the bench.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Habs are always slow out of the gate and then they furiously come back in the third. Of course, that sort of strategy can easily bite you in the ass. Habs biggest problem is they only have one real goal scorer: Pacioretty. Therrien keeps juggling his lines but the only line that ever scores is the one he's on. In the same manner as the Flyers never can seem to find a goalie, the Habs can't find goal scorers.

It also didn't help that Tokarski was in goal. He was giving away massive rebounds all night. The score could have been worse.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

2 games in 2 nights= Tokarksi on Night 2, regardless of opponent.

The eons are closing
    Isles come back from 2-0 to win 6-3 behind 4 goals from okposo.
    What other ridiculous things will happen this year? Crowd chanting to 'guins "you can't beat us".

However (enter Klonk's fav Mr negative isles fan) the last time an Isles goalie went to the all-star game, it was DiPietro and he got hurt in the skkillzz competition and completely de-railed a decent Isles season. And with Tavares also going (and his Olympic experience in mind), I am totally panicked about the whole friggin' thing.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

I guess I can understand the negativity, but dude, your team is damn good...this is no fluke. I said it earlier in the year, the acquiring of Boychuk and Leddy were gonna be huge. And then with Halak I remember saying, "UH OH" Isles have had no probs offensively the last few years. It was all defense and goaltending...props to Garth for getting it right.

I love it, man...this is so great for NY hockey

Rangers hopefully got back on track with a win in Colombus tonight.

The Isles are stockpiling the talent just in time for their eventual move to Québec! It's The Nordiques in reverse!

The Note vs the Leafs tonight on NHL Network, looking forward bigtime and rocking my camo Tarasenko jersey!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    The Note vs the Leafs tonight on NHL Network, looking forward bigtime and rocking my camo Tarasenko jersey!

BG
    Let's just add the W to your column now and move on.

So far, firing Carlyle has not made one bit of difference for the Leafs. I'm just waiting to see what Shanahan does next. Whatever it is, I hope it comes soon...and I wouldn't be at all upset if it involved getting rid of Phaneuf.

The eons are closing
    If they had to move, bring back the Whale!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The Isles are stockpiling the talent just in time for their eventual move to Québec! It's The Nordiques in reverse!